Global Posts
    21 Global Posts
    I recently bought the 800w and got around to playing with sprint t.v. Well i discovered that after a few minutes of watching live t.v it will stop and not respond forcing me to close the app. Has anyone else had this problem, heard of it, or know a fix?
    Global Posts
    21 Global Posts
    any1?
    I've watched plenty of SprintTV, up to an hour long program on the NFL Network once and never experienced that. The only thing I'd like to stop is the nag screen, that shows up about every 15 minutes asking me if I'm still watching .

See if you're having the issue with more than one channel. If so, go get a replacement Treo 800w.

I have had broadcast stall or a channel not come up and then work later, but it never forces me to have to shut down SprintTV. Just go to the guide and find another station. I have found some stations seemed to work better for me than others at times.
    Global Posts
    21 Global Posts
    tried different channels looks like im headed to sprint tomorrow.
    Try a hard reset to see if that gets the program working.
    Well a soft reset (pull the battery and put it back in) might be good to try before a hard reset.
    Global Posts
    21 Global Posts
    I tried a soft reset then I tried going to a optimal place outside my house with good reception and it ran fine for over 10mins, didn't test any further. I think what happens is that when the signal goes down to 2 bars and less it doesn't buffer enough live feed fast enough and causes it to pause which I did see, no crashing this time... I think I'm going to call sprint retentions and see if I can get an airave for free because sprints signal is just as good as t-mobile in my house which is not good.
    airave looks cool But its like $5 a monthfor the airave plus $10 a month for the single unlimited plan.Very expensive. if your home a lot its might be worth it. I thought about it but I use my phone so little at home as im at work 12h hours a day counting travel its not worth the money for me . but it is pretty cool.
    Global Posts
    21 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by VaccPalm View Post
    airave looks cool But its like $5 a monthfor the airave plus $10 a month for the single unlimited plan.Very expensive. if your home a lot its might be worth it. I thought about it but I use my phone so little at home as im at work 12h hours a day counting travel its not worth the money for me . but it is pretty cool.
    I have heard of people getting the unit for free and the service.
    I heard folks getting the unit for free but not the service but if its possible that would be sweet.
    Quote Originally Posted by bobby45512 View Post
    I recently bought the 800w and got around to playing with sprint t.v. Well i discovered that after a few minutes of watching live t.v it will stop and not respond forcing me to close the app. Has anyone else had this problem, heard of it, or know a fix?
    I had the same problem, then decided to try extending the amount of time the screen shuts off when on battery power. I went from 3 minutes to turned it off completely and it seemed to work for me. The pain is, I have to remember to turn on the battery saver when I'm not using sprint TV.

Give that a try and see if it makes a difference.

Cosmo
    Quote Originally Posted by VaccPalm View Post
    I have the Talk/Message/Data share plan (3 lines) at $129.99 with Sprint. I'm thinking of getting the Airave for $20 a month (unlimited calling) and dropping my land line. I have good Sprint coverage in my house. My only concern is whether or not my cell phone would pick up the Airave or a cell tower while in my home. If I knew it would pick up the Airave, then I could drop my $60 per month land line w/ AT&T. This would be a $40 savings.

Anyone having similar thoughts?

Cosmo
    Global Posts
    21 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by cosmopilot View Post
    I have the Talk/Message/Data share plan (3 lines) at $129.99 with Sprint. I'm thinking of getting the Airave for $20 a month (unlimited calling) and dropping my land line. I have good Sprint coverage in my house. My only concern is whether or not my cell phone would pick up the Airave or a cell tower while in my home. If I knew it would pick up the Airave, then I could drop my $60 per month land line w/ AT&T. This would be a $40 savings.

Anyone having similar thoughts?

Cosmo
    heres a review goes into everything about it and how it works.
    http://www.engadgetmobile.com/2008/0...-airave-review
    Also i read some stories on another forum of a guy who called retentions at sprint and they gave him the airave for free and the service, because reception in his home was bad. Now of course lets be honest so I would suggest you call retentions and say you are interested but would be willing to get one if they can work out a deal for you.