1.    #1  
    My Phone heats up when i talk for about 30 minutes.Does any body have issues
    Quote Originally Posted by prgeorge@yahoo.com View Post
    My Phone heats up when i talk for about 30 minutes.Does any body have issues
    That seems to be common with many phones...just as long as it doesn't get THAT hot. It has also been reported that the 800w battery is proned to overheating. If it gets too hot, it should just switch off.
    Global Posts
    540 Global Posts
    Mine gets hot in my pocket (in a slip case) during a 30 minute call. I try to make calls shorter than 30 minutes. Ok I'm kidding...but yes, it does get hot and so did my 700wx. When I'm able to, I use a bluetooth headset and just leave the phone on a desk/table nearby.

BTW, OP, if your posting alias/username is really your email address you might want to consider re-registering under a different username. You may get a flood of spam from that, not to mention anyone can start an email flame war with you since you've published your email address. Apologies if you already knew that or if that's a honeypot email addy.
  4.    #4  
    I went to a sprint store..... I could feel the heat on the phone... but the CSR/Manager could not feel the heat.....
    They refused to exchange the phone even in the first 30 days.
    What can I do?
    Tell them you want to return the phone.

EDIT: I mean tell them to keep it & then either get it somewhere else or threaten to cancel the service (thats what I did at Bestbuy).
    yep mine gets pretty warm during long phone calls. so did my 700wx, so does the wifes centro, basically every phone ive had gets warm during extended phone calls.
    700WX -> 800W -> Touch Diamond -> Pre?
    Sounds like normal usage.

When it gets that hot plug it in. If it refuses to charge, then it's too hot. If it'll charge, it's not considered critical.
  8.    #8  
    but if the phone is hot... it becomes tough to talk.....I would not think my Treo Battery will explode.... but it causes discomfort
    but if the phone is hot... it becomes tough to talk.....I would not think my Treo Battery will explode.... but it causes discomfort
    i doubt it will explode lol. ive had the battery in my 800w pretty dang hot and so far im still alive
    700WX -> 800W -> Touch Diamond -> Pre?
    Turning of the screen completely during a long phone call will not only keep it a tad cooler but save some battery...

WMExperts: News, Reviews & Podcasts + Twitter
  11.    #11  
    Turning the screen off is a good idea.......Let me try that......
    But cannot belive palm made a phone like that or are all smart phones like this...
    Turning the screen off is a good idea.......Let me try that......
    But cannot belive palm made a phone like that or are all smart phones like this...
    They're all like this.

It's worse now because of the smaller chipsets used, more ram, faster processors, more radios, high res screens..etc all produce more heat, especially when crammed in a smaller package.

The Centro did have an option to automatically turn off the screen, which was nice and I know newer HTC devices can do this as well.

WMExperts: News, Reviews & Podcasts + Twitter
  13.    #13  
    Does an invisible shield cause heating......
    It would slow the release of heat a bit.....
    Global Posts
    983 Global Posts
    My phone stay warm all day cause I have Agile Messenger and Skype running on it.

If I didnt get it plug in, it will die in 25 mins.
  16.    #16  
    went to the store exchanged the phone.... one store decilined to exchange saying he thinks it was not too hot.... and touch screens have issues....
    other one exchanged no issues.... much better..... even the call quality is better.... finally 2 most important thinks are working.... i can make a call and it does not burn my face......