1.    #1  
    So I was transferring some files from my 700wx and I noticed that my 800w screen is now brighter than the 700wx. I thought oh I must just have the brightness turned down. So I cranked it up to max and compared again. The 800w's screen was JUST AS BRIGHT as the 700wx screen.

The main thing I had changed on the 800w was the theme. I had downloaded Microsoft's Neptune theme. I switched back to the default theme and sure enough the screen looked dimmer and washed out. The Neptune theme makes all the whites super bright, just like bleach.

The only thing I don't like about this theme is that it pinstripes some windows such as mail, but it is soo much better than the default theme.

This begs the question, why doesn't Palm try to dress up the defaults. A first impression means a lot. If they would pick a better theme and enable ClearType from the get go it would make a huge difference as far as first impressions go.

Edit: oh yeah, I got the theme here.

http://www.microsoft.com/windowsmobi...s/default.mspx

oh wow, if you list all themes there are over 30 pages of them
    Last edited by hannip; 08/19/2008 at 10:12 AM.
    Try this in conjunction with RealVGA.
    Quote Originally Posted by hannip View Post
    So I was transferring some files from my 700wx and I noticed that my 800w screen is now brighter than the 700wx. I thought oh I must just have the brightness turned down. So I cranked it up to max and compared again. The 800w's screen was JUST AS BRIGHT as the 700wx screen.

The main thing I had changed on the 800w was the theme. I had downloaded Microsoft's Neptune theme. I switched back to the default theme and sure enough the screen looked dimmer and washed out. The Neptune theme makes all the whites super bright, just like bleach.

The only thing I don't like about this theme is that it pinstripes some windows such as mail, but it is soo much better than the default theme.

This begs the question, why doesn't Palm try to dress up the defaults. A first impression means a lot. If they would pick a better theme and enable ClearType from the get go it would make a huge difference as far as first impressions go.

Edit: oh yeah, I got the theme here.

http://www.microsoft.com/windowsmobi...s/default.mspx

oh wow, if you list all themes there are over 30 pages of them
    I noticed that as well after I changed my theme as well, but I thought it was just me.. Glad to know someone else noticed a difference too.
    Remember, this is my opinion ! We all have a right to our own.....

Treo's 650-800..NOW,
    Palm Pre