Page 9 of 23 FirstFirst ... 456789101112131419 ... LastLast
    Got it to work with HTCHome. Now if I could only get HideLogo to work :\
    {ISV-K}SVX
    "I'm On fire!!"

Radio Shack TRS-80--> Palm Pilot Professional--> TRG Pro--> Sprint Neopoint 1000--> Sprint Touchpoint 3000--> Ipaq 3650--> Ipaq 3850--> Ipaq 2215--> Treo 600--> Cingular 2125--> Cingular 8525 / HTC Hermes--> Blackberry 8800--> Samsung Blackjack i607--> Motorola Q--> Blackberry Curve 8300--> Sprint HTC Touch--> Treo 800W--> Sprint HTC Touch Pro--> Treo 800W (again)--> Palm Pre--> Treo 800W (again, again)--> Sprint HTC Hero--> Palm Pixi
    Anyone missing the Point of Interest on the Today screen? I don't even see it as an option in the Today Settings screen to get it back either.
    what is the point of interest?
  4.    #164  
    Quote Originally Posted by opacityzero View Post
    Anyone missing the Point of Interest on the Today screen? I don't even see it as an option in the Today Settings screen to get it back either.
    Quote Originally Posted by bhodgins View Post
    what is the point of interest?
    He means the Maps plugin.

Maps does not work with 96 DPI. That's why I disable it and don't even show it.
    Any idea what it would take to get the dialpad sized properly? I'd be glad to do the footwork if it requires some programming or graphics work.
    Grant Smith
    A+, Net+, MCPx2, BSIT/VC, MIS

eNVENT Technologies
    Use your imagination.
    --
    Sprint HTC Evo 4G

DISCLAIMER: The views, conclusions, findings and opinions of this author are those of this author and do not necessarily reflect the views of eNVENT Technologies.
    Quote Originally Posted by gksmithlcw View Post
    Any idea what it would take to get the dialpad sized properly? I'd be glad to do the footwork if it requires some programming or graphics work.
    I have also been trying to figure this out, but I am not the best at resource hacking. I believe you need to edit the PhoneDialer.exe with a program such as Reshacker. Once you have the file loaded you will see the items Bitmap and Dialog along with several others. I am thinking that these two categories are the ones that need to be fixed. Bitmaps has all the images such as the buttons and background. Dialog includes the format and location of the dialer pieces i.e. buttons, etc. The bitmaps can be extracted resized and added back in, and the dialog can be moved around and resized with x,y coordinates. I am just not sure if both need to be edited.

Hopefully this info will be a good start. I would love to have this fixed also. If I can assist in any way let me know.

Lane
  7.    #167  
    Sized properly as in fitting the width of the screen? You'd need to work for Palm.

Quote Originally Posted by dreamphyre View Post
    I have also been trying to figure this out, but I am not the best at resource hacking. I believe you need to edit the PhoneDialer.exe with a program such as Reshacker. Once you have the file loaded you will see the items Bitmap and Dialog along with several others. I am thinking that these two categories are the ones that need to be fixed. Bitmaps has all the images such as the buttons and background. Dialog includes the format and location of the dialer pieces i.e. buttons, etc. The bitmaps can be extracted resized and added back in, and the dialog can be moved around and resized with x,y coordinates. I am just not sure if both need to be edited.

Hopefully this info will be a good start. I would love to have this fixed also. If I can assist in any way let me know.

Lane
    It's *MUCH* more involved than all this. I looked at simply changing the resources and that does not address the issue of the width of the screen.

I highly doubt that this is technically possible to anyone without access to the original source code. If you can do it without that, then call Palm up because they should be hiring you.
  8.    #168  
    Bump.
    ebag;

Loved your work on wm6 treo700 style!!!

I am wanting to try this, but a tad hesitant. I mean, I use my treo daily, and don't want to mess it up beyond repair.

How "safe" is this?
  10.    #170  
    Quote Originally Posted by lawmangrant View Post
    ebag;

Loved your work on wm6 treo700 style!!!

I am wanting to try this, but a tad hesitant. I mean, I use my treo daily, and don't want to mess it up beyond repair.

How "safe" is this?
    Back up before trying it and it's 100%.

I use it constantly. I've periodically switched back for one reason or another....and can't stand it.

Yes it's a pain to reinstall everything after a hard reset. But it's worth it IMHO.
    Quote Originally Posted by Ebag333 View Post
    Back up before trying it and it's 100%.

I use it constantly. I've periodically switched back for one reason or another....and can't stand it.

Yes it's a pain to reinstall everything after a hard reset. But it's worth it IMHO.
    Ebag... After using this it seriously messed up my Today screen plugins... The in call screen started coming up above the rest of the today screen instead of on top of everything and it had a scroll bar on it when in 128 dpi. Also, the carrier line didn't go across the whole screen in 96 dpi. Are these normal problems?

Thanks.
    Grant Smith

eNVENT Technologies
    Use your imagination.
    --
    Sprint HTC Evo 4G

DISCLAIMER: The views, conclusions, findings and opinions of this author are those of this author and do not necessarily reflect the views of eNVENT Technologies.
    Global Posts
    347 Global Posts
    Ebag... After using this it seriously messed up my Today screen plugins... The in call screen started coming up above the rest of the today screen instead of on top of everything and it had a scroll bar on it when in 128 dpi. Also, the carrier line didn't go across the whole screen in 96 dpi. Are these normal problems?

Thanks.
    I'm not Ebag but I can confirm that none of these things are happening with me. This is working flawlessly on my 800w (except the "Maps" application-known issue)
    Devices used: Palm VIIx - Tungsten T - Tungsten T3 - HP ipaq 4155 - Tungsten T5 - BB 7520 - Treo 650 - Treo 700wx - Treo 755p - Q9c - BB 8130 - Treo 800w - HTC Touch Pro - BB 8330 - BB 8520 - HTC HD2 - Palm Pre
    Quote Originally Posted by ehehat View Post
    I'm not Ebag but I can confirm that none of these things are happening with me. This is working flawlessly on my 800w (except the "Maps" application-known issue)
    Thanks for the info... I may do a backup and a hard reset and try it that way (as advised).
    Grant Smith

eNVENT Technologies
    Use your imagination.
    --
    Sprint HTC Evo 4G

I completed a hard reset and tried this, and I to can confirm that the call status screen is ABOVE my today plugins.
  15.    #175  

Thanks.
    Quote Originally Posted by lawmangrant View Post
    I completed a hard reset and tried this, and I to can confirm that the call status screen is ABOVE my today plugins.

The active call plugin needs to be set to show above everything else, except the dial lookup plugin. If those are not the top two plugins, you will have issues.

You can get the vertical scrollbar if the active call plugin pushes too much stuff down. Don't ask me why. I was getting that, and eventually it went away. I made no changes, so I have no idea why it's no longer showing the scrollbar.

Any plugins ported from the 700wx will not extend across the screen. They were designed for 96 dpi at 240x240. At 96 dpi at 320x320, they are significantly smaller/shorter.

This includes both the dial lookup plugin, and the speed dial plugin.
    Asking what might be a dumb question, but do you guys have a harder time reading the text when swaping from 128 to 96? I like that theres more room but I am finding its harder to read (for me).

Am I missing a trick to have the room & the text?
    Global Posts
    741 Global Posts
    I'm with you RichT, it looks great but just to darn small to work with in the car.
    Quote Originally Posted by Ebag333 View Post
    You can get the vertical scrollbar if the active call plugin pushes too much stuff down. Don't ask me why. I was getting that, and eventually it went away. I made no changes, so I have no idea why it's no longer showing the scrollbar.
    Maybe then I am not crazy...I've had the scroll bars since install but have noticed lately that they now don't come on immediately...I know this phone is cool, but it cannot possibly be learning ...odd, but still a minor deal in the overall coolness of 96....
    I had to do a hard reset today, and when I saw the 128 dpi again, I was appalled that I ever used my treo that way. This is the BEST hack for the 800.
  20.    #180  
    Quote Originally Posted by RichTJ99 View Post
    Asking what might be a dumb question, but do you guys have a harder time reading the text when swaping from 128 to 96? I like that theres more room but I am finding its harder to read (for me).

Am I missing a trick to have the room & the text?
    You could increase the size of the text in your settings.

Quote Originally Posted by AS329 View Post
    Maybe then I am not crazy...I've had the scroll bars since install but have noticed lately that they now don't come on immediately...I know this phone is cool, but it cannot possibly be learning ...odd, but still a minor deal in the overall coolness of 96....
    Oops, sorry. I accidentally enabled the AI function. I'll turn it off next release.

Quote Originally Posted by blakeb View Post
    I had to do a hard reset today, and when I saw the 128 dpi again, I was appalled that I ever used my treo that way. This is the BEST hack for the 800.
    x2

I periodically (less and less it seems) have to switch back to 128 DPI. Every time I do, I feel dirty, like I've stolen something precious.
Page 9 of 23 FirstFirst ... 456789101112131419 ... LastLast