Page 8 of 23 FirstFirst ... 34567891011121318 ... LastLast
    Global Posts
    61 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Ebag333 View Post
    Yeah, but the active call plugin takes nearly the entire screen, so the extra stuff I have extends beyond the bottom of the screen (creating a vertical scroll bar).

Deleting the voicemail button will delete your speed dial to voicemail (via holding 1).

I can go into the advanced tab without issue. You could try reinstalling, but if that fails, hard reset and start from scratch.
    The plot thickens. I switched back 128 and was able to edit the voicemail button in speed dial. In 128 the advanced tab works fine. Then, just for kicks, I reinstalled realvga800.cab over the top without hard resetting, and in 96 the advanced tab still didnt work. Then......, I hard reset, used the newly posted dpi script and started from scratch. Switched to 96, and the advanced tab STILL didnt work. Oh well, Im leaving well enough alone. My today screen has no scroll bars when in a call, and holding down 1 calls voicemail, with the voicemail controls. GOOD ENOUGH FOR ME!!!!
  2.    #142  
    Quote Originally Posted by vinscuzzy View Post
    The plot thickens. I switched back 128 and was able to edit the voicemail button in speed dial. In 128 the advanced tab works fine. Then, just for kicks, I reinstalled realvga800.cab over the top without hard resetting, and in 96 the advanced tab still didnt work. Then......, I hard reset, used the newly posted dpi script and started from scratch. Switched to 96, and the advanced tab STILL didnt work. Oh well, Im leaving well enough alone. My today screen has no scroll bars when in a call, and holding down 1 calls voicemail, with the voicemail controls. GOOD ENOUGH FOR ME!!!!
    Check your \Windows\ directory and see if you can find SpeedDialPlugin.96.dll and SpeedDialPlugin_enUS.dll.
    Global Posts
    61 Global Posts
    Check your \Windows\ directory and see if you can find SpeedDialPlugin.96.dll and SpeedDialPlugin_enUS.dll.
    Heres what I have:
    SpeedDialDB.dll
    SpeedDialPlugin.96.dll
    SpeedDialPlugin.dll
    SpeedDialPlugin.dll.0409.MUI
    SpeedDialPlugin_enUS.dll

Just another thing I noticed. If I hit the menu button on the today screen(right softkey) and goto Speed Dial options, the option screen does show up, but none of my speed dials are there. If I goto settings/today/ speed dial 96/options, the options menu shows up, and my speed dials ARE there. Dont know if this helps, but just wanted to let you know.....
    Global Posts
    866 Global Posts
    Yup, you're right. Sure does.

Copy these two files to your \Windows\ directory, and see if it fixes it. It's the .dll's from the 700wx's keyguard.
    I can't get the KeyGuardUI.dll file in there. I can't overwrite the old file with the new one, nor move/copy the old file. I tried changing the attributes to not hidden and not read only, but that didn't seem to work (doing this on a pc's explorer.exe...)
    Twitter: @dvdmon

5.    #145  
    Quote Originally Posted by vinscuzzy View Post
    Heres what I have:
    SpeedDialDB.dll
    SpeedDialPlugin.96.dll
    SpeedDialPlugin.dll
    SpeedDialPlugin.dll.0409.MUI
    SpeedDialPlugin_enUS.dll

Just another thing I noticed. If I hit the menu button on the today screen(right softkey) and goto Speed Dial options, the option screen does show up, but none of my speed dials are there. If I goto settings/today/ speed dial 96/options, the options menu shows up, and my speed dials ARE there. Dont know if this helps, but just wanted to let you know.....
    Yes, the speed dials will likely be different depending on what plugin you are using.

You *ARE* trying to edit the options (and advanced tab) under then Speed Dial 96 DPI when in 96 DPI, correct?

Quote Originally Posted by dvdmon View Post
    I can't get the KeyGuardUI.dll file in there. I can't overwrite the old file with the new one, nor move/copy the old file. I tried changing the attributes to not hidden and not read only, but that didn't seem to work (doing this on a pc's explorer.exe...)
    Thought that might be the case. Guess I have to make an installer for it to test it...
    OK, I have another question: when everyone talks about "speed dial" are you guys talking about the Today plugin or just creating speed dials like 'h' for 'home'? I'm asking b/c I don't use the speed dial Today plugin but I do have several speeddials set to keys on my keyboard and I have no problems. I can edit them and the 'advance' tab works normally for me. I do NOT have the latest update (fixed dialpad) so I'm just hoping that I'm not missing anything that will come back to bite me in the future.
    Thanks.
    ..:: ADAM ::..

Clie UX40 --> Clie NZ90 --> Treo 650 --> Treo 700p --> Treo 800w --> HTC Touch Pro --> Treo 800w (again)
    Global Posts
    61 Global Posts

You *ARE* trying to edit the options (and advanced tab) under then Speed Dial 96 DPI when in 96 DPI, correct?
    Yes, thats the one Im trying to edit. In 128dpi the advanced tab works when editing "Speed Dial". In 96dpi the advanced tab does NOT work when editing "Speed Dial 96 DPI".
    Global Posts
    347 Global Posts
    Will/could/should this program work on 240x240 screen or only 320x320? Tried a search and couldnt come up with anything.
    Devices used: Palm VIIx - Tungsten T - Tungsten T3 - HP ipaq 4155 - Tungsten T5 - BB 7520 - Treo 650 - Treo 700wx - Treo 755p - Q9c - BB 8130 - Treo 800w - HTC Touch Pro - BB 8330 - BB 8520 - HTC HD2 - Palm Pre
    Global Posts
    347 Global Posts
    And another VGA Q: Can we noe load VGA programs to this phone? For instance, PA skins? or do they need to stay qvga?
    Devices used: Palm VIIx - Tungsten T - Tungsten T3 - HP ipaq 4155 - Tungsten T5 - BB 7520 - Treo 650 - Treo 700wx - Treo 755p - Q9c - BB 8130 - Treo 800w - HTC Touch Pro - BB 8330 - BB 8520 - HTC HD2 - Palm Pre
    Did anyone get hidelogo to work and or find another app that will hide it using rVGA and 96dpi?
    Last edited by svx; 09/05/2008 at 11:07 PM.
    {ISV-K}SVX
    "I'm On fire!!"

Radio Shack TRS-80--> Palm Pilot Professional--> TRG Pro--> Sprint Neopoint 1000--> Sprint Touchpoint 3000--> Ipaq 3650--> Ipaq 3850--> Ipaq 2215--> Treo 600--> Cingular 2125--> Cingular 8525 / HTC Hermes--> Blackberry 8800--> Samsung Blackjack i607--> Motorola Q--> Blackberry Curve 8300--> Sprint HTC Touch--> Treo 800W--> Sprint HTC Touch Pro--> Treo 800W (again)--> Palm Pre--> Treo 800W (again, again)--> Sprint HTC Hero--> Palm Pixi
    Few other issues with latest release:

* Dial pad is still fubar. Am I missing something? Still shows cut off like first page images in this thread.

* Cannot install KeyguardUI.dll or KeyguardUIenUS.dll either - both are locked it seems when I try to copy over to Windows dir.

* When I dial a number, nothing shows on the home screen - no indication that I am in a call. Again, am I missing something? I love rVGA, but not being able to see my call info live is a bummer.
    {ISV-K}SVX
    "I'm On fire!!"

Radio Shack TRS-80--> Palm Pilot Professional--> TRG Pro--> Sprint Neopoint 1000--> Sprint Touchpoint 3000--> Ipaq 3650--> Ipaq 3850--> Ipaq 2215--> Treo 600--> Cingular 2125--> Cingular 8525 / HTC Hermes--> Blackberry 8800--> Samsung Blackjack i607--> Motorola Q--> Blackberry Curve 8300--> Sprint HTC Touch--> Treo 800W--> Sprint HTC Touch Pro--> Treo 800W (again)--> Palm Pre--> Treo 800W (again, again)--> Sprint HTC Hero--> Palm Pixi
    Quote Originally Posted by svx View Post
    * Dial pad is still fubar. Am I missing something? Still shows cut off like first page images in this thread.
    I though the latest .cab file uses the dial pad from the 700w and should be fine? Not sure.

* When I dial a number, nothing shows on the home screen - no indication that I am in a call. Again, am I missing something? I love rVGA, but not being able to see my call info live is a bummer.
    I didn't install the latest .cab version where it does everything, but copying (DialLookupPlugin_enUS.dll and DialLookupPlugin_700_WM6.dll in \Windows\) and importing (DialLookupPlugin.reg and SpeedDialPlugin.reg into the registry using Resco Registry) fixed it for me.

* Cannot install KeyguardUI.dll or KeyguardUIenUS.dll either - both are locked it seems when I try to copy over to Windows dir.
    I renamed the file, and quickly copied the files. The first time I got the same message, strangely the second time it allowed me, but it still doesn't work, even after a soft-reset. Perhaps it never did copy the files.

Ebag333-
    What's new in the latest .cab file, it's over a 1.2MB from the one posted on Sept 2nd (Real_VGA_800w.1.1.CAB). Also, I like the version number style you did on Sept 2nd, but the latest download file simply has it (Real_VGA_800w.CAB). I think it can help us/you reference what version we used to solve any issues.
  13.    #153  
    Quote Originally Posted by ehehat View Post
    Will/could/should this program work on 240x240 screen or only 320x320? Tried a search and couldnt come up with anything.
    This is only designed for the 800w. Use it on any other device at your own risk.

Quote Originally Posted by ehehat View Post
    And another VGA Q: Can we noe load VGA programs to this phone? For instance, PA skins? or do they need to stay qvga?
    Give it a shot and report back. I found a *LOT* of proggies that wouldn't work stock on the 800w work with Real VGA.

Few other issues with latest release:

Quote Originally Posted by opacityzero View Post
    I though the latest .cab file uses the dial pad from the 700w and should be fine? Not sure.
    Yup. If it didn't work then you most likely did not install it from a hard reset. Try and try again.

Those you shouldn't try and install, it won't work. (I've removed them from that post now.)

Install Real VGA after a hard reset, as the very first thing you do. DO NOT run a restore after installing, you'll likely just FUBAR it.

Quote Originally Posted by opacityzero View Post
    Ebag333-
    What's new in the latest .cab file, it's over a 1.2MB from the one posted on Sept 2nd (Real_VGA_800w.1.1.CAB). Also, I like the version number style you did on Sept 2nd, but the latest download file simply has it (Real_VGA_800w.CAB). I think it can help us/you reference what version we used to solve any issues.
    The version is pretty arbitrary.

Anyway, if you're running anything other than my current version installed from scratch after a fresh hard reset...guess what my first suggestion is gonna be?

Well, I'm back from my vacation and have gone back to work on this.

A sneak peek at the changes that will be in the next full version:

• Hannip's On/Off fix (to prevent hanging) included. (Thanks Hannip!)
    • Hannip's registry settings for Speed Dial included. Not sure if they're actually required or not...but they're in there anyway!
    • My fix for the icons showing on the carrier line included.
    • Dialpad fixed: it switches to the same dialpad as the 700w/wx when in 96 DPI mode. It's not as asthetically pleasing...but it all fits. No functionality appears to be lost (as far as I could tell with my super quick tests). When you switch back to 128 DPI it will switch back to the stock dialpad....IF you don't have the dialpad running when you do the switch (either way). If the dialpad is running it cannot switch the .EXE between the two, which may give odd results. (In your task manager make sure that "Phone" is not running.)
    • Speed dial fixed: It should use the 700wx's speed dial in place of the 800w's when in 96 DPI mode. You lose a bit of real estate on it (doesn't go the full width) but at least you can change your settings. It switches back and forth automagically when switching DPI's (in theory at least...).
    • Registry change: The 700wx's dial plugin has been renamed, and the associated registry setting renamed. If you're installing from a hard reset, no need to worry. If you're upgrading, you will probably end up with an extra today plugin that's the exact same as the "new" one.

I'll try and remember to update the CAB when I hit home tonight after work. This cab should include everything, so hopefully it's just a single step to install it.

No promises on existing users being able to install this over their current copy....so you might have to hard reset to get it working right. Sorry, but them's the breaks of using (permanantly) "beta" software.

(If you have more posts than I do, PM me and I *MIGHT* help you upgrade manually. )
    just to verify ebag... I cannot hard reset then instal realvga and then use sprite to restore.

if so man that's a bummer... I would like to install it thhough but don't want to go through the entire process of reinstalling everything..
    Global Posts
    347 Global Posts
    Give it a shot and report back. I found a *LOT* of proggies that wouldn't work stock on the 800w work with Real VGA.
    VGA PA skins do NOT work with Real VGA
    Looks like i will be doing a hard reset.

With your latest version, do you still need to use hannip's dll files for diallookup and speed dial?
    {ISV-K}SVX
    "I'm On fire!!"

17.    #157  
    Quote Originally Posted by mbw163 View Post
    just to verify ebag... I cannot hard reset then instal realvga and then use sprite to restore.

if so man that's a bummer... I would like to install it thhough but don't want to go through the entire process of reinstalling everything..
    You can *TRY* and install without doing a hard reset. I along with many other people had problems when attempting this.

If you've always installed your programs to your MicroSD card, then backup your \Windows\Start Menu\ directory, and just restore that one directory after a hard reset, and you'll have most (possibly all) of your programs back.

Looks like i will be doing a hard reset.

With your latest version, do you still need to use hannip's dll files for diallookup and speed dial?
    Nope. Follow the instructions in post #1. The only thing extra is to grab the newest .MSCR script (as mentioned in post #1).
    You can *TRY* and install without doing a hard reset. I along with many other people had problems when attempting this.

If you've always installed your programs to your MicroSD card, then backup your \Windows\Start Menu\ directory, and just restore that one directory after a hard reset, and you'll have most (possibly all) of your programs back.
    Hey ebag, thanks for the tip. I will try it out when I get time. Also, I have installed most of my programs onto my memory card, but some I installed onto the phone. I do not remember what ones I installed on there, so is there a way to check to see what programs are installed to the phones memory?
  19.    #159  
    Quote Originally Posted by mbw163 View Post
    Hey ebag, thanks for the tip. I will try it out when I get time. Also, I have installed most of my programs onto my memory card, but some I installed onto the phone. I do not remember what ones I installed on there, so is there a way to check to see what programs are installed to the phones memory?
    \Program Files\

(As opposed to \Storage Card\Program Files\)
    I think I found a bug using HTCHome. When you use home with rVGA 800W and you make or receive a call, your call info does not get displayed. Has anyone else run into this?

This was the screen I created and would VERY much to get this working:

http://discussion.treocentral.com/sh...&postcount=643

Any ideas?

Edit: Looks like a bug with HTCHome as it happens with both 128 and 96dpi.
    Last edited by svx; 09/07/2008 at 07:01 PM.
    {ISV-K}SVX
    "I'm On fire!!"

Page 8 of 23 FirstFirst ... 34567891011121318 ... LastLast