Page 5 of 23 FirstFirst 1234567891015 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by insol View Post
    I am now nearly 100% convinced that the diallookup.dll (or palmutils.dll) I am using is not the same as what is included in Ebag's installer. I am using my hack (versus ebag's installer) currently and none of Hannip's reg hacks work... I did not even have the key in Varnish initially and once I made it with Hannip's reg file, it made no difference to the on/off BMPs (I still got the VZW one).

Also my bluetooth and location icons, are quite stable and have always been there... (have never been missing). Here's a screen shot:
    Yeah, those reg keys/values don't exist on the 800w. The 800w's diallookup plugin uses some in another location. Palm just moved them around. Ebag's version uses the ones in the reg file I posted.

Ebag, did you get the dialllookup plugin from the 700w or 700wx (which carrier)?

For the speeddial stuff it looks like it's still using the 800w's originals. I'm not sure why, but after installing RealVGA the first menu is messed up when you go to Speed Dial Options. That's why I thought maybe it needed those speeddial reg settings I posted, but it didn't fix it as far as I can tell. Not sure what's going on there. Also if I try to enable the speeddial plugin it hoses the today screen. Only the carrier plugin is displayed. I wonder if we copy over an older plugin to match the dialookup version if it might fix this. I'll play around with it some more this weekend.

BTW, after following Ebag's suggestion to copy over the diallookup plugin last (I used Resco) I now see the gps location privacy icon and bluetooth icon so that's not an issue anymore, for me anyway.
    Last edited by hannip; 08/26/2008 at 04:46 AM.
    Global Posts
    347 Global Posts
    Also my bluetooth and location icons, are quite stable and have always been there... (have never been missing). Here's a screen shot:
    Yeah rub it in!!!
    Devices used: Palm VIIx - Tungsten T - Tungsten T3 - HP ipaq 4155 - Tungsten T5 - BB 7520 - Treo 650 - Treo 700wx - Treo 755p - Q9c - BB 8130 - Treo 800w - HTC Touch Pro - BB 8330 - BB 8520 - HTC HD2 - Palm Pre
    Quote Originally Posted by Ebag333 View Post
    \Windows\Start Menu\

Just copy/cut and paste shortcuts there. You can find more under \Windows\Start Menu\Programs\.
    Tried that. The shortcuts disappear if I add more than 7.
    And as promised, there is a newer version of the switching script attached. Simply save this into your \Windows\ directory.

Also there are some updated .dll's. Make sure you look at this post: http://discussion.treocentral.com/sh...8&postcount=46

Check out Hannip's post. It fixes the issue when turning the radio on/off.
    http://discussion.treocentral.com/sh...6&postcount=76

I will incorporated these into the installer when I get back from vacation.
    Just curious, now that there is an installer/cab file, should the two DLL's go into the /windows directory?

Should DPI.MSCR go into the /windows dir as well?

Thanks,
    Rich
    Quote Originally Posted by RichTJ99 View Post
    Just curious, now that there is an installer/cab file, should the two DLL's go into the /windows directory?

Should DPI.MSCR go into the /windows dir as well?

Thanks,
    Rich
    Yes and Yes
    ok...i made all the changes manually before cab file was created. Can I go ahead and copy .dll files and .mscr files to directories or will that cause problems?
    It is suggested that you hard reset before installing these cabs, dll's. I did not have success until I did that and others have experienced the same.
    Quote Originally Posted by hannip View Post
    It is suggested that you hard reset before installing these cabs, dll's. I did not have success until I did that and others have experienced the same.
    So, the apparent most successful order would be to:

Hard Reset
    Install cabs, dll's etc. for Real VGA as discussed in this thread
    Restore from backup via Sprite, etc.

Is that correct, or am I missing something?

Thanks in advance.
    Quote Originally Posted by gw1754 View Post
    So, the apparent most successful order would be to:

Hard Reset
    Install cabs, dll's etc. for Real VGA as discussed in this thread
    Restore from backup via Sprite, etc.

Is that correct, or am I missing something?

Thanks in advance.
    Yes...unless u use pimbackup for data...looks like we will have to install all our apps again after.
    Post 46 didn't answer the poster's question... The .dll files go into the Windows directory, but where do you put the mrsc file? Windows directory or Mortscript directory... not at all obvious for those installing mortscript for the first time and have no idea what it is.

Quote Originally Posted by m12x13adass View Post
    Post 46.
    Post 85.
  12.    #92  
    Also my bluetooth and location icons, are quite stable and have always been there... (have never been missing).
    The missing location and bluetooth items are caused by one of two things.

1) Missing DLL for the 700wx today screen plugin. (*cough* didn't follow directions *cough*)
    2) Bad install.

Ebag, did you get the dialllookup plugin from the 700w or 700wx (which carrier)?
    I swiped it from the Verizon 6.0 ROM. I suspect it's the same one as the 5.0 one however.

For the speeddial stuff it looks like it's still using the 800w's originals. I'm not sure why, but after installing RealVGA the first menu is messed up when you go to Speed Dial Options. That's why I thought maybe it needed those speeddial reg settings I posted, but it didn't fix it as far as I can tell. Not sure what's going on there. Also if I try to enable the speeddial plugin it hoses the today screen. Only the carrier plugin is displayed. I wonder if we copy over an older plugin to match the dialookup version if it might fix this. I'll play around with it some more this weekend.
    Yeah, I bet copying over the speed dial dll's (hmm, gonna have to figure out what those are unless Hannip does...) from the 700wx works.

I don't think that the 800w's is going to work, but they *APPEAR* to be interchangable.

So Hannip, sticking with the 96 DPI?
    So Hannip, sticking with the 96 DPI?
    I've been back and forth about 20 times now. lol. I can't stay in the 96 dpi mode all the time since I have to test programs in the "normal" mode too.
  14.    #94  
    I've been back and forth about 20 times now. lol. I can't stay in the 96 dpi mode all the time since I have to test programs in the "normal" mode too.
    What? You mean that 96 DPI isn't the new "normal" mode?
    What? You mean that 96 DPI isn't the new "normal" mode?
    hehe, that's why it's in quotes. When it reaches critical mass we can call it the normal mode.
    So, I installed last night, and it took me a couple of tries but I did get it to work. I do have a couple of issues that I was wondering about.

(1) My recent call list (what pops up when you hit the green button) shows (A) and (B) instead of dial pad and call log.

(2) On the same list, for people with >1 phone number the secondary pop-out menu is blank (would normally show a mobile number and a work number, for example).

These two items are big for me, because I use my recent calls to make phone calls almost all the time. I've perused this thread a couple of times and haven't seen this issue, so I was hoping someone might know whats going on. I'm also missing bluetooth, location icons in the carrier bar, but I know that has been discussed.

Anyone have any thoughts? Thanks in advance.
    Global Posts
    866 Global Posts
    I just installed this and found that SPB Mobile Shell doesn't work. I looked through this thread and don't see any answer about whether there is a workaround or if someone is working on it, etc. Ebag or anyone else, can you advise? SPB Mobile Shell is pretty critical to me... Thanks!
    Twitter: @dvdmon

18.    #98  
    Quote Originally Posted by gw1754 View Post
    (1) My recent call list (what pops up when you hit the green button) shows (A) and (B) instead of dial pad and call log.

(2) On the same list, for people with >1 phone number the secondary pop-out menu is blank (would normally show a mobile number and a work number, for example).

These two items are big for me, because I use my recent calls to make phone calls almost all the time. I've perused this thread a couple of times and haven't seen this issue, so I was hoping someone might know whats going on. I'm also missing bluetooth, location icons in the carrier bar, but I know that has been discussed.

Anyone have any thoughts? Thanks in advance.
    Did you follow the instructions exactly? Here's how it needs to be installed.

1. Hard reset.
    2. Install Mortscript.
    3. Install .CAB
    4. Copy over the 2 .DLL files (see first post to link to post with fix).
    5. Copy over new .MSCR script.
    6. Run the .MSCR script.
    7. Choose 96 DPI.
    8. Soft reset.
    9. Enjoy.

If you missed any of those steps you are likely to have problems. If you followed all those steps and are still having problems, hard reset and try again. It's possible to have a bad install, but not common in my experience.

Quote Originally Posted by dvdmon View Post
    I just installed this and found that SPB Mobile Shell doesn't work. I looked through this thread and don't see any answer about whether there is a workaround or if someone is working on it, etc. Ebag or anyone else, can you advise? SPB Mobile Shell is pretty critical to me... Thanks!
    I don't use SPB Mobile Shell. What's the problem with it? It doesn't run at all?

It's possible that SPB Mobile Shell doesn't support 320x320 at 96 DPI.
    Has anyone fixed the dialpad skin to look properly at 96dpi?

I know it is not much of an issue, but that really is the only thing still holding me back from installing this.

Ebag - thanks for the work on this, it is looking great!!!

Only downside is, when I install this I am going to have to completely re-do my WeatherPanel display...
    To reply to myself.. I went ahead and gave it a go again, using hannip's fix and everything is perfect once again except my phone freezes whenever i turn it off.

help?!

Do we still need to use hannip's fix for the hang that occurs when turning off/on the phone? That was the only problem I used to have but haven't tried installing it again since the latest updates...

Thanks by the way... this makes the phone waaaayy better.

Did you follow the instructions exactly? Here's how it needs to be installed.

1. Hard reset.
    2. Install Mortscript.
    3. Install .CAB
    4. Copy over the 2 .DLL files (see first post to link to post with fix).
    5. Copy over new .MSCR script.
    6. Run the .MSCR script.
    7. Choose 96 DPI.
    8. Soft reset.
    9. Enjoy.

If you missed any of those steps you are likely to have problems. If you followed all those steps and are still having problems, hard reset and try again. It's possible to have a bad install, but not common in my experience.

I don't use SPB Mobile Shell. What's the problem with it? It doesn't run at all?

It's possible that SPB Mobile Shell doesn't support 320x320 at 96 DPI.
    Last edited by 800w4me; 08/29/2008 at 05:50 PM.
Page 5 of 23 FirstFirst 1234567891015 ... LastLast