Page 4 of 23 FirstFirst 12345678914 ... LastLast
Results 61 to 80 of 448
  1. vinscuzzy's Avatar
    Posts
    34 Posts
    Global Posts
    61 Global Posts
    #61  
    Thanks Insol. i tried the registry edits for active call and it worked. completely happpy now!! Ebag, this is great! Thanks for everyones hard work!!!
  2. ehehat's Avatar
    Posts
    343 Posts
    Global Posts
    347 Global Posts
    #62  
    so if this should be installed after a hard reset, what order should the install be in? we need Mortscript so the process would be:

    hard reset
    install mortscript
    install cab
    run cab
    copy dll
    copy script

    ?????

    EDIT: nevermind. got it. guess i just needed to "dive in"
    Last edited by ehehat; 08/23/2008 at 01:08 AM.
    Devices used: Palm VIIx - Tungsten T - Tungsten T3 - HP ipaq 4155 - Tungsten T5 - BB 7520 - Treo 650 - Treo 700wx - Treo 755p - Q9c - BB 8130 - Treo 800w - HTC Touch Pro - BB 8330 - BB 8520 - HTC HD2 - Palm Pre
  3.    #63  
    Quote Originally Posted by ehehat View Post
    so if this should be installed after a hard reset, what order should the install be in? we need Mortscript so the process would be:

    hard reset
    install mortscript
    install cab
    run cab
    copy dll
    copy script

    ?????

    EDIT: nevermind. got it. guess i just needed to "dive in"
    Yup, that works. Really you can install it in many different orders. Just gotta make sure you copy the .dll's and the script over last, before running the script.
  4. #64  
    Ebag, does real VGA slow the 800w down?

    http://discussion.treocentral.com/sh...&postcount=530

    I am not sure why that would slow the phone down at all.
  5. ehehat's Avatar
    Posts
    343 Posts
    Global Posts
    347 Global Posts
    #65  
    I've only just started testing on mine but so far there is really no difference in performance. this is really great. Several programs that had issues with 320x320 are fixed @ 96dpi (PB for instance). I sure hope no major issues come up with time because i think i would already have a hard time going back!
    Devices used: Palm VIIx - Tungsten T - Tungsten T3 - HP ipaq 4155 - Tungsten T5 - BB 7520 - Treo 650 - Treo 700wx - Treo 755p - Q9c - BB 8130 - Treo 800w - HTC Touch Pro - BB 8330 - BB 8520 - HTC HD2 - Palm Pre
  6. klmsu19's Avatar
    Posts
    103 Posts
    Global Posts
    104 Global Posts
    #66  
    Ebag, simple awesome work. This has renewed my faith in keeping my 800 despite some issues with it. Now i can finally see almost as much screen information as my 240x320 Touch screen making this device all that much better and useful. This has solved one of my major gripes with the 800 i had.

    so far all my programs work just fine, as does the active call screen and today screen contact input. Everything looks really nice i like the small graphics and seeing more on the screen.

    two little notes. in settings, under system the task manager icon is gone, and in connections the domain enroll icon is gone. nothing essential by any means, just reporting it. oh and the dialpad but its been said already. im sure its just one of the skin files needs to be adjusted and replaced

    PS now we DEFINITELY need a new hidelogo program to utilize all this extra real estate and hide that sprint line without losing the Palm tweaks by turning it off.
    Last edited by klmsu19; 08/23/2008 at 03:37 PM.
  7. ehehat's Avatar
    Posts
    343 Posts
    Global Posts
    347 Global Posts
    #67  
    Quote Originally Posted by klmsu19 View Post
    PS now we DEFINITELY need a new hidelogo program to utilize all this extra real estate and hide that sprint line without losing the Palm tweaks by turning it off.
    +1
    Devices used: Palm VIIx - Tungsten T - Tungsten T3 - HP ipaq 4155 - Tungsten T5 - BB 7520 - Treo 650 - Treo 700wx - Treo 755p - Q9c - BB 8130 - Treo 800w - HTC Touch Pro - BB 8330 - BB 8520 - HTC HD2 - Palm Pre
  8. #68  
    OK I got the .CAB for VGA

    and the DPI.mscr which is the Mortscript correct ?? and that goes in Windows/Directory correct ?

    But what is the DLL's I have to copy ?? is that the Dial Lookup file and if it is where do I copy it to .

    Thanks

    Quote Originally Posted by Ebag333 View Post
    Yup, that works. Really you can install it in many different orders. Just gotta make sure you copy the .dll's and the script over last, before running the script.
  9. #69  
    Quote Originally Posted by VaccPalm View Post
    OK I got the .CAB for VGA

    and the DPI.mscr which is the Mortscript correct ?? and that goes in Windows/Directory correct ?

    But what is the DLL's I have to copy ?? is that the Dial Lookup file and if it is where do I copy it to .

    Thanks
    Post 46.
  10. #70  
    Quote Originally Posted by RichTJ99 View Post
    Ebag, does real VGA slow the 800w down?

    http://discussion.treocentral.com/sh...&postcount=530

    I am not sure why that would slow the phone down at all.
    For me, yes, I did notice a slowdown. It wasn't bad, but it was noticeable. I'm not sure why it would slow it down either; I suppose because it's having to draw more on the screen than it did before.
  11.    #71  
    Quote Originally Posted by klmsu19 View Post
    Now i can finally see almost as much screen information as my 240x320 Touch screen
    Technically you have MORE real estate.

    Think about it. 240x320 vs (true) 320x320.

    Just the touch has a bigger screen, making it feel like you have more space.



    As for slow downs, there is a BIT of it, but honestly hardly worth mentioning.
  12. klmsu19's Avatar
    Posts
    103 Posts
    Global Posts
    104 Global Posts
    #72  
    very true, either way was a device saver in my case, awesome work. just really need the dialpad fixed
  13. #73  
    OK Got it working BUT SPB Mobile Shell does not run. Any reason why this program will not work. ?? otherwise pretty darn good.
  14. #74  
    Ok, I finally got around to attempting this again. Following the new steps it worked perfectly! I'm loving it.

    Thanks again Ebag333 and Insol for all your work on this. Let me know when you've fixed up the dial pad. I'm looking forward to it.
  15. #75  
    Uh oh. When I attempt to turn off the radio (flight mode) the phone now hangs. Anyone else have this issue with RealVGA?
  16. #76  
    Quote Originally Posted by hannip View Post
    Uh oh. When I attempt to turn off the radio (flight mode) the phone now hangs. Anyone else have this issue with RealVGA?
    To reply to my own post

    To fix the RadioOff/RadioOn hang and to show the Sprint bitmaps read in the attached DialLookupPlugin.reg file.

    I've also attached a SpeedDialPlugin reg file, but I'm not sure if it fixes anything since I don't use speed dial, but it might help someone else. I got it from my 700wx registry.
    Attached Files Attached Files
  17. ehehat's Avatar
    Posts
    343 Posts
    Global Posts
    347 Global Posts
    #77  
    One other (relatively minor) thing I've seen is in the carrier line. The "Sprint" text shows but not the GPS icon nor the Bluetooth icon. I was using the GPS icon to turn it off/on when using Sprint nav. Any fix for this?
    Devices used: Palm VIIx - Tungsten T - Tungsten T3 - HP ipaq 4155 - Tungsten T5 - BB 7520 - Treo 650 - Treo 700wx - Treo 755p - Q9c - BB 8130 - Treo 800w - HTC Touch Pro - BB 8330 - BB 8520 - HTC HD2 - Palm Pre
  18. #78  
    anyone find a way to add more start menu items?
  19.    #79  
    Quote Originally Posted by hannip View Post
    To reply to my own post

    To fix the RadioOff/RadioOn hang and to show the Sprint bitmaps read in the attached DialLookupPlugin.reg file.

    I've also attached a SpeedDialPlugin reg file, but I'm not sure if it fixes anything since I don't use speed dial, but it might help someone else. I got it from my 700wx registry.
    Excellent! I did not have time to test this before I left on vacation, so I'm glad to see that this works.

    I'll add this as a link in the first post, and when I get back I'll add this to the installer (along with the other stuff).

    Quote Originally Posted by ehehat View Post
    One other (relatively minor) thing I've seen is in the carrier line. The "Sprint" text shows but not the GPS icon nor the Bluetooth icon. I was using the GPS icon to turn it off/on when using Sprint nav. Any fix for this?
    Reinstall. I had this happen and a reinstall fixed it. (You might need to hard reset first.)

    Quote Originally Posted by blakeb View Post
    anyone find a way to add more start menu items?
    \Windows\Start Menu\

    Just copy/cut and paste shortcuts there. You can find more under \Windows\Start Menu\Programs\.
  20. insol's Avatar
    Posts
    268 Posts
    Global Posts
    269 Global Posts
    #80  
    Quote Originally Posted by hannip View Post
    To reply to my own post

    To fix the RadioOff/RadioOn hang and to show the Sprint bitmaps read in the attached DialLookupPlugin.reg file.

    I've also attached a SpeedDialPlugin reg file, but I'm not sure if it fixes anything since I don't use speed dial, but it might help someone else. I got it from my 700wx registry.
    I am now nearly 100% convinced that the diallookup.dll (or palmutils.dll) I am using is not the same as what is included in Ebag's installer. I am using my hack (versus ebag's installer) currently and none of Hannip's reg hacks work... I did not even have the key in Varnish initially and once I made it with Hannip's reg file, it made no difference to the on/off BMPs (I still got the VZW one).

    Also my bluetooth and location icons, are quite stable and have always been there... (have never been missing). Here's a screen shot:
Page 4 of 23 FirstFirst 12345678914 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions