Page 3 of 23 FirstFirst 1234567813 ... LastLast
    Having issues.

- install has invalid proc handle error
    - not seeing icons on right side of carrier plugin
    - active call menu only partially shows.
    - hanging up a call gets in an error loop.
    - domain settings icon missing.

Tried reinstall on top of itself and got exact same results. Gonna try hard reset and start over.

Edit: I installed this after a fresh hard reset and I don't get the invalid proc handle error anymore and the hang up errors are gone. The active call menu doesn't appear at all now though. Still no icons on right side of carrier plugin and still no domain setting icon. Also no Task Manager icon.

Some other things I've noticed.
    - The carrier plugin that gets installed doesn't use the same registry field as the original one so any apps that write out to it need to adjust.
    - zbop's billboard plugin works without any issues. Previously there were refresh issues.
    - hidelogo doesn't work right
    - slingplayer still has small video window
    - Resco complains that registration code doesn't match user name even though it's correct in Owner info. Not sure what that's about. Update: they must've changed their registration codes. Had to get new one.

I like the extra real estate, but not sure I'm keeping it. If hidelogo worked and slingplayer had full screen I'd put up with the other glitches. Thanks Ebag and Insol for your efforts on this. Maybe I'll keep it. dunno.

Edit: OK I think I'm keeping it. PIEPlus works perfectly in this mode. :-)
    Last edited by hannip; 08/20/2008 at 06:50 AM.
    Global Posts
    269 Global Posts
    Wow Ebag... this is great. I just replied to your PM. Sorry abt the delay. as you said in another post, reapplying the RealVGA 96DPI resource cab hooks the taskbar icons back up (the way they should be) - it requires a soft reset after installing tho. That resource cab was ripped from a VZW phone too it seems, because it changes the phone off and phone on bitmaps (hold down the red button you will see what I mean). I never did find that resource -- Your analogy of a needle in a stack of needles is right.
    Last edited by insol; 08/20/2008 at 04:06 AM.
    Global Posts
    269 Global Posts
    Ebag, as you know the diallookup.dll does lots of Palm-related goodness (menus, dial, etc). There are many corrupted WM5 ones floating around on the net, which I think is the source of many peoples probs from my earlier thread. I was reluctant to post the version I used because Palm was really aggressive in getting it removed back when it was first ripped (hence the trouble finding the dlls now).

Did you get the most recent diallookup.dll to work?
    Last edited by insol; 08/20/2008 at 04:07 AM.
    hmm. I keep getting in an error loop when I hang up a call. Reverting fpr now. :-(
  5.    #45  
    Quote Originally Posted by kalibar View Post
    If there were a procedure for changing the dialer to look proper under 96dpi, that would be pretty awesome (moreso if a procedure -- even a tedious one -- could be added for making it format properly under 128dpi). Personally, I don't have much interest in switching back to 128dpi.
    That's something I'm going to be working on.

Quote Originally Posted by hannip View Post
    Having issues.

- install has invalid proc handle error
    - not seeing icons on right side of carrier plugin
    - active call menu only partially shows.
    - hanging up a call gets in an error loop.
    - domain settings icon missing.

Tried reinstall on top of itself and got exact same results. Gonna try hard reset and start over.
    These (except for the domain settings icon) are all signs of a bad install I hate to say.

Edit: I installed this after a fresh hard reset and I don't get the invalid proc handle error anymore and the hang up errors are gone. The active call menu doesn't appear at all now though. Still no icons on right side of carrier plugin and still no domain setting icon. Also no Task Manager icon.
    Task Manager icon and Domain Setting Icon is because the resources lack those images (because they're taking from an older PPC). I'm going to be attempting to convert some of the actual 800w files to try and get these going.

Some other things I've noticed.
    - The carrier plugin that gets installed doesn't use the same registry field as the original one so any apps that write out to it need to adjust.
    This is due to using the 700w's dial lookup instead of the 800w's. I'm going to attempt to port the 800w's dial lookup over by adjusting the resources.

Quote Originally Posted by insol View Post
    Wow Ebag... this is great. I just replied to your PM. Sorry abt the delay. as you said in another post, reapplying the RealVGA 96DPI resource cab hooks the taskbar icons back up (the way they should be) - it requires a soft reset after installing tho. That resource cab was ripped from a VZW phone too it seems, because it changes the phone off and phone on bitmaps (hold down the red button you will see what I mean). I never did find that resource -- Your analogy of a needle in a stack of needles is right.
    I couldn't find in the resource cab anywhere that changed the phone on/off bitmaps. And after installing several times, mine still show as Sprint. Very odd.

Ebag, as you know the diallookup.dll does lots of Palm-related goodness (menus, dial, etc). There are many corrupted WM5 ones floating around on the net, which I think is the source of many peoples probs from my earlier thread. I was reluctant to post the version I used because Palm was really aggressive in getting it removed back when it was first ripped (hence the trouble finding the dlls now).

Did you get the most recent diallookup.dll to work?
    Curious. I wonder if a lot of problems are happening due to the dial lookup I'm using.

hmm. I keep getting in an error loop when I hang up a call. Reverting fpr now. :-(
    That's not normal. When I had a bad install a phone call would get cut off when the backlight turned off. The phone would still SAY it was connected, but there'd just be dead air.

I still think you got a bad install.
  6.    #46  
    Here's a (potential) fix for those of you having problems.

If you are:

• Missing the bluetooth/location icons
    • Getting odd behaviour of the Dial Today Plugin
    • Having issues with the carrier line

Follow these steps:

1. Change the resolution to 128 DPI (and soft reset).
    2. Copy the attached files over to the \Windows\ directory.
    3. Change the resolution to 96 DPI (and soft reset).

This *SHOULD* resolve some issues. These files are not included in the latest version (yet).

I also have a theory as to why the new .96.dll DPI files are not installing properly all the time. I have not tested it yet. Incidentally, I've installed about a half dozen times in a row and it's worked perfectly after each install. I've started from a hard reset each time, however, so I suspect that there was another application I had installed that was interferring with it.
    Attached Files Attached Files
    Global Posts
    269 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Ebag333 View Post
    This is due to using the 700w's dial lookup instead of the 800w's. I'm going to attempt to port the 800w's dial lookup over by adjusting the resources.
    Did you find where the resources were? Also at least in my playing around, it seems to be more than the resources for the diallookup dll. It seems the height of the plugin itself (read: in the code) is adjusting. The images/icons are OK but the plug itself seems to resize. To get an understanding of what I am talking about, the next time you hard reset try doing what I did in this post:
    http://discussion.treocentral.com/sh...6&postcount=32

I couldn't find in the resource cab anywhere that changed the phone on/off bitmaps. And after installing several times, mine still show as Sprint. Very odd.
    FWIW i could not find them either. However, I am not the only one who has this Bhodgins noted the same thing in this post:
    http://discussion.treocentral.com/sh...1&postcount=53

This is an actual screen shot (not just the BMP from the windows directory):

There are phone on and off bitmaps in the windows directory for Palm, Sprint, and Verizon. After going up to 96 DPI I now get the VZW one. I even overwrote the verizon phone on and off bitmaps with the sprint ones and STILL get the VZW logos...
  8.    #48  
    Did you find where the resources were? Also at least in my playing around, it seems to be more than the resources for the diallookup dll. It seems the height of the plugin itself (read: in the code) is adjusting. The images/icons are OK but the plug itself seems to resize. To get an understanding of what I am talking about, the next time you hard reset try doing what I did in this post:
    http://discussion.treocentral.com/sh...6&postcount=32
    Yeah, I know what you mean. I've tried editing the resources to shrink them, but it just will NOT run at all under the 96 DPI. I can get it to show under the 128 DPI with the smaller images....

FWIW i could not find them either. However, I am not the only one who has this Bhodgins noted the same thing in this post:
    http://discussion.treocentral.com/sh...1&postcount=53

This is an actual screen shot (not just the BMP from the windows directory):

There are phone on and off bitmaps in the windows directory for Palm, Sprint, and Verizon. After going up to 96 DPI I now get the VZW one. I even overwrote the verizon phone on and off bitmaps with the sprint ones and STILL get the VZW logos...
    That's the odd thing, I don't get any bitmaps at all. Neither Sprint nor Verizon.

I wonder if I need to resize the phone on/off images....hmm.....
    I wonder if any of the DavidThemes animated backgrounds would work? I know with my Stocks and Weather Today that changes my background with the weather is messed up due to the making of everything smaller and now background not fitting. Any ideas?
  10.    #50  
    Quote Originally Posted by dragonslayer76 View Post
    I wonder if any of the DavidThemes animated backgrounds would work? I know with my Stocks and Weather Today that changes my background with the weather is messed up due to the making of everything smaller and now background not fitting. Any ideas?

Try it and let us know.

So I've reinstalled this multiple times over the last few days (I must be up to near a dozen) and it's installed flawlessly every time, but I've started with a clean slate. I'm really thinking that starting from a hard reset is the way to go with this.

Everything is working extremely well. There are a few minor issues, such as the bitmaps for turning the phone off/on not showing, but since I rarely turn off my phone it's not a problem for me.
    The only problems I'm having with it are:

Sprint carrier plugin doesn't show at all, even though Active Call and Dial Lookup WM6 plugins are pinned and enabled.

Active Call screen does not show, but left softkey does change to Hold.

EV icon and signal bar are very slightly distorted, though other titlebar icons look fine.

This is after installing off a hard reset.
    Global Posts
    269 Global Posts
    So I've reinstalled this multiple times over the last few days (I must be up to near a dozen) and it's installed flawlessly every time, but I've started with a clean slate. I'm really thinking that starting from a hard reset is the way to go with this.
    I can say that Ebag is probably right... I hard resetted frequently when I was trying to figure things out. My device generally got murky when I tried to fix things up without hard resets.

I did a hard reset to try Ebag's stuff and it worked flawlessly for me too. I even have all the icons. Interestingly enough, I don't have the phone on/off bitmaps either now. However I will probably go back to a backup simply cause my 3rd party software is already all set up.
    Last edited by insol; 08/21/2008 at 01:28 PM.
    Global Posts
    61 Global Posts
    I dont know if anyone else would agree, but at this point, going back to the original 128 dpi setting is really a let down. This phone looks so much better at 96 dpi. The only thing i dont like is the "active call" "call status" screen not working. It kinda sux when you make a call and the only thing on the screen letting you know your still connected is the litttle phone icon and "call in progress". Ebag, if you could get the active call screen working, id never go back to 128dpi..... dont worry about making it switchable. I mean having the option would be nice, but if given a choice, id definately stick with 96 dpi. Anyone agree????
    I agree! I am sorry to admit but half the time I call someone I forget who I am calling (I must be getting old).
    Global Posts
    269 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by vinscuzzy View Post
    I dont know if anyone else would agree, but at this point, going back to the original 128 dpi setting is really a let down. This phone looks so much better at 96 dpi. The only thing i dont like is the "active call" "call status" screen not working. It kinda sux when you make a call and the only thing on the screen letting you know your still connected is the litttle phone icon and "call in progress". Ebag, if you could get the active call screen working, id never go back to 128dpi..... dont worry about making it switchable. I mean having the option would be nice, but if given a choice, id definately stick with 96 dpi. Anyone agree????
    My active call works fine... From what you describe it has to do with the order of the plugin. Diallookup.dll and Activecall.dll HAVE to be set at a certain order (the keys for each can be found in the today items registry key - HKLM\Software\Microsoft\Today\Items) to work properly. Malatesta suggested 2 and 4 respectively. I have mine set to 0 (the non-stock diallookup.dll) and 4 and it is working fine (the old diallookup.dll IS set to 2, but it is not enabled).

EDIT: I should also mention that both plugs are pinned (registry item: type=5). I am fairly certain that Ebag can put these registry mods into his installation, if they are not there already. Either way you can fix it yourself with a simple registry editor. Here is a decent free one that has some other good utilities bundled into the one app:
    http://www.freewarepocketpc.net/ppc-...k-manager.html
    Last edited by insol; 08/21/2008 at 10:39 PM.
  17.    #57  
    Quote Originally Posted by Jeff Kirvin View Post
    The only problems I'm having with it are:

Sprint carrier plugin doesn't show at all, even though Active Call and Dial Lookup WM6 plugins are pinned and enabled.
    Carrier plugin? Like the dial lookup? (Try the latest version of the script.)

Active Call screen does not show, but left softkey does change to Hold.
    Fixed in the latest version of the script.

EV icon and signal bar are very slightly distorted, though other titlebar icons look fine.
    Unfortunatly this is somewhat of the nature of the beast. You're taking images and cramming them into a MUCH smaller area. But I've noticed this too, and it kinda bugs me.

Thanks for posting!

I've fixed the issue with the today screen plugins not showing right. Try the latest version (linked in the first post).
    Okay, most everything seems to work now. Still some minor graphics bugs (ActiveSync logo in the app is too big, no incoming/outgoing arrows on the WM 6.1 threaded text messaging), but I'd call this functionally complete.

Thanks!
    Global Posts
    347 Global Posts
    Any intention of making one (sort of) final file or .cab for this? I'm all for it but not very well versed in making a bunch of .dll changes and messing with registry. one link, one DL would be awesome.

thanks,
    Devices used: Palm VIIx - Tungsten T - Tungsten T3 - HP ipaq 4155 - Tungsten T5 - BB 7520 - Treo 650 - Treo 700wx - Treo 755p - Q9c - BB 8130 - Treo 800w - HTC Touch Pro - BB 8330 - BB 8520 - HTC HD2 - Palm Pre
  20.    #60  
    Okay, most everything seems to work now. Still some minor graphics bugs (ActiveSync logo in the app is too big, no incoming/outgoing arrows on the WM 6.1 threaded text messaging), but I'd call this functionally complete.

Thanks!
    Hmm, I use the Palm messaging so I haven't seen the WM6.1 one.

Does that install a *.128.dll file? If so, post it here and I can probably find a .96.dll one, and even get it included in the .cab so anyone else who has it won't need to futz with it.

Quote Originally Posted by ehehat View Post
    Any intention of making one (sort of) final file or .cab for this? I'm all for it but not very well versed in making a bunch of .dll changes and messing with registry. one link, one DL would be awesome.

thanks,
    1. Install the .cab.
    2. Copy .dll's over.
    3. Copy the .mscr over.
    4. Enjoy.

Not *THAT* hard.

I will make it into one cab, but it won't be until I get back from my trip, so expect at least a week delay. It's not unlikely that there will always be a newer version of the script, so that will have to be updated by hand.
Page 3 of 23 FirstFirst 1234567813 ... LastLast