Page 22 of 23 FirstFirst ... 1217181920212223 LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by jeremy3721 View Post
    Maybe I'm missing it but I'd like to see a new post with the cleanest, easiest method for installing this. I isued the cabs in the first post and then realized there were updates throughout the thread. Can we get one updated and clear post with all the latest information? I've read through the posts but I know I'm missing something.
    +1!
    Last edited by peachness; 03/22/2009 at 03:16 AM. Reason: forgot to set email notify
    Quote Originally Posted by jeremy3721 View Post
    Maybe I'm missing it but I'd like to see a new post with the cleanest, easiest method for installing this. I isued the cabs in the first post and then realized there were updates throughout the thread. Can we get one updated and clear post with all the latest information? I've read through the posts but I know I'm missing something.
    no doubt...this is getting confusing
    OK, now to set up this VGA you must do it in order imediatly after a hrst & then your VGA will clear everything up.
    Now I admit I too must ask: that when the time comes to choose between the 96 or the 128, if you choose the 128- does the VGA still work?
    True the 96 Shrinks the view bit the 128 doesn't.
    So is using the 128 choice defeating the purpose?
    I hope this question will get our answers corrected.
    Quote Originally Posted by berdinkerdickle View Post
    Ebag took care of it all.
    (Huge Thanks Again)
    He made it so simple!
    Just choose Treo Pro when it asks you, and all is good - dialer and all.
    First post here... and firstly, thanks very much to Ebag for the great work.

Errmmm.... minor gripe... the dialpad is still doesn't look right. There are still gaps at the bottom of the dialpad. Any tips on which resource/skin file needs to be updated to get the dialpad right for 96dpi?

Also, the Treo Pro's volume rocker brings up the on-screen volume controls for the phone and pda, but the icons also don't look right, they're big and overflowing out of the balloon that contains them (pops up). Is there a fix for this or which dll needs to be modified.

The solution to all the cosmetic issues seems to be updates/modifications to dll resources. Is there a list that tells us which resource is in which dll, etc.?

Incidentally, found this really great guide to VGA and resource editing on the brighthand forum. First post, so can't post links. Haven't had time to go through it yet though...

Also, I did a hard reset, installed mortscript, smartphone2003testcert, realvga, and dpi pack. Then did a soft reset. Ran RealVGA script and switched to 96dpi and soft reset. But following the soft reset, pressing the green call button on my Treo Pro brings up the smartdial screen, ok fine, but pressing the menu soft button key, I get "Open Speed Dial" as the first item on the menu, pressing that takes me to Phone properties tabs. So either the "Open Speed Dial" menu item should be named "Phone properties", or the menu item is opening the wrong thing.
    Last edited by entauba; 04/05/2009 at 07:29 PM. Reason: Added Link
    Created a small cosmetic fix for RealVGA on the Treo Pro.

I posted it HERE. Thought I post it here as well because I'm using ebags solution on my Pro. Would be nice if the first post could be updated with the latest tips etc.

Would also be good to include DPI Setter. This fixes the DPI on your wallpaper
    so I have a sprint treo pro and I used this and I love how i can fit allot more stuff on my screen but my battery and signal bars are not really seable is there a fix for that.
    Thanks
    Global Posts
    34 Global Posts
    A thousand thank yous to ebags. I have installed ebags realvga from the first post, mortscript 4.3b3 rebags 96 dpi pack and arial battery 2.1 on my treo pro... everything is good so far except reso explorer no longer launches. it starts and stops.....I must congratulate everyone on a most fantastic piece of work... what is the resolution of the screen after this change... the name real vga sounds like 640 x480 but the treo pro is square so is this actually 640x640 ?
    Global Posts
    34 Global Posts
    p.s i needed the 2003smartcertificates before i could see the icons.... there is slight corruption in the comms manager screen. i have seen posts where you have to swap this in rom with a changed htc version , has anyone tried this ?
    Anyone notice the new Sprint Nav application does not cover the whole screen in 128dpi? There is a 10-20 pixel line across the bottom. Anyway to fix this?
    So does the Treo Pro dialpad scale with RealVGA or is it displayed too small like the 800w's?
    Grant Smith
    A+, Net+, MCPx2, BSIT/VC, MIS

eNVENT Technologies
    Use your imagination.
    --
    Sprint HTC Evo 4G

DISCLAIMER: The views, conclusions, findings and opinions of this author are those of this author and do not necessarily reflect the views of eNVENT Technologies.
    It's scaled. There is only a small gap of a few mm between the dialpad and the bottom of the screen.

Posted a cosmetic fix for this that's also available here on TC if I recall correct
    Quote Originally Posted by mccune View Post
    It's scaled. There is only a small gap of a few mm between the dialpad and the bottom of the screen.

Posted a cosmetic fix for this that's also available here on TC if I recall correct
    Awesome! Are there any apps that don't scale properly or have missing icons or anything?
    Grant Smith

eNVENT Technologies
    Use your imagination.
    --
    Sprint HTC Evo 4G

DISCLAIMER: The views, conclusions, findings and opinions of this author are those of this author and do not necessarily reflect the views of eNVENT Technologies.
    So far I found:
    - AS animated icon is a bit to large. Don't see it that much as I don't usally open Active Sync.
    - Top icons on the volume control are bit to large
    - CommManager is a bit messed up when switching on\off (use Wireless Manager instead)

These are some things I can remember atm
    Man... I wish my eyes weren't so bad... I just installed this on my Pro and it looked GREAT but it gave me a serious eye strain headache so now I'm reverting... Bum deal... LOL
    Grant Smith

eNVENT Technologies
    Use your imagination.
    --
    Sprint HTC Evo 4G

I havethe same problem with my eyes & although my knowledge of phones is still growing, what I do after installing the VGA , I keep it at 128 & using MemMaid, I cacel out of VGA what I don't use to save memory. It seems clearer & until I get the time to see what else is in the VGA I can still use the VGA.
    But if Ilm imagining this someone let me know.
    Quote Originally Posted by cscoot03 View Post
    I havethe same problem with my eyes & although my knowledge of phones is still growing, what I do after installing the VGA , I keep it at 128 & using MemMaid, I cacel out of VGA what I don't use to save memory. It seems clearer & until I get the time to see what else is in the VGA I can still use the VGA.
    But if Ilm imagining this someone let me know.
    There's nothing that RealVGA does except allow you to change your DPI settings (and, of course, provide the icons for doing so) which, in turn, allows you to take advantage of your 320 x 320 screen resolution.
    Grant Smith

eNVENT Technologies
    Use your imagination.
    --
    Sprint HTC Evo 4G

Just to follow up... For the Treo Pro, are all the files in the first post, or are they all over the 22 page thread?
    Global Posts
    9 Global Posts
    I used the ones from the first post as well as one or two additonal ones from McCune.

Just a FYI: This RealVGA runs great on the new WM6.5 ROM that CFay posted recently!

Code:
    forum(dot)ppcgeeks(dot)com/showthread(dot)php?p=1171836#post1171836
    Thanks for the great work that went into this!
    do we know if this is compatible with spbmobile shell 3.5 on the 800w?
    Also... I seem to have an issue with not being able to use the "Disable Touch Screen during Call" feature.

I seem to have a problem with my chipmunk cheeks always hitting stuff, which can be annoying.

If I have the feature enabled, it will have the "Touchscreen Disabled" bubble frozen over the screen, and when I try to use any menus it gives me the critical error screen for shell32.

Is there any known fixes for this? :-)