Page 20 of 23 FirstFirst ... 10151617181920212223 LastLast
    I guess I must be an ***** then.......

I was hoping to find something that would give me a full size dialpad with the DPI at 96 or make the dialpad more useful in 96dpi mode. Everything else seems to work awesome.

I open RealVGA. Select 800w. Select Configuration. Select Dialpad. Select Treo 800W (Default). A cab gets loaded and nothing seems to have changed. I'm assuming this is the same dialpad I'm already using. OK.. Makes sense. Why would I want to switch to the 700wx dialpad? (Just found the answer to the 700wx vs 800w dialpads). I guess the 700wx dialpad is at 96dpi.

Then there is... 800w. Configuration. Dialpad Skin. I was thinking that using "Blue 96 DPI" would make the Dialpad look right with 96 DPI. I just get a message that says "Installation of Ebag 800w Dialpad skin -96 DPI - Blue-cab was unsuccessful".

Do I need another file to use this? Does it do anything to make the dialpad look good?
    Last edited by mogulman; 02/16/2009 at 09:03 AM.
  2.    #382  
    I never got the blue skinned 96 DPI dialpad in.

Use the 700wx dialpad or the orange 96 DPI skin.
    Quote Originally Posted by Ebag333 View Post
    I never got the blue skinned 96 DPI dialpad in.

Use the 700wx dialpad or the orange 96 DPI skin.
    Ok.. Neither one is supposed to be full-screen right? They just show 75%, but the buttons aren't cut off like the regular dialpad?

Just want to make sure I'm not doing something wrong.
  4.    #384  
    Yup that's correct.
  5.    #385  
    ^^ 3,000th post.
    Wow.. 3000 in a little over a year. I only have 845 in 10 years
    Hey Ebag,

I scrolled thru this thread to see if I could find the answer.
    I couldn't. (maybe I'm blind )

I finally got my Pro back from Repair.
    I decided to start fresh - start over with your latest.

When I get to the Screen 'Choose what you would like to work with. (Device or registry only)'

I can choose:
    Treo 800w
    Treo Pro
    Refresh Registry Settings

I choose Pro and another screen pops up:
    128 DP!
    96 DPI
    Configuration (EXPERIMENTAL!)

I choose 96 and all looks good.

Just curious; what's 'Refresh Registry Settings' from the first screen, and what's 'Configuration (EXPERIMENTAL!)' at the second screen?

TIA,
    Berd
    Just call me Berd.
    I'm not sure but I think the Refresh Registry Settings has something to do with allowing you to refresh the Today background without having to do a soft reset. In case you use a background that doesn't scale properly. It's been a while since I've used it, but I THINK that's it.
  9.    #389  
    Quote Originally Posted by SandersJC1964 View Post
    I'm not sure but I think the Refresh Registry Settings has something to do with allowing you to refresh the Today background without having to do a soft reset. In case you use a background that doesn't scale properly. It's been a while since I've used it, but I THINK that's it.
    Bingo!

Configuration allows you to change the dialpad skin.
    I noticed that the Netflix Mobile App doesn't work with RealVGA. It shows a black screen. Changing to 128dpi fixes it. Bummer...

I've only had the 800w for a week, but its hard to switch to 128dpi. Looks like running 640x480 on my notebook.
    Last edited by mogulman; 02/19/2009 at 01:24 AM.
    Will you list this all in correct order for the 800? Otherwise after doing a starting point w/HR I'l probably have to do all the regigistry all over , Right?
    Man I didn't mean to shut you guys up, I'm just trying to learn.
  13.    #393  
    Quote Originally Posted by cscoot03 View Post
    Will you list this all in correct order for the 800? Otherwise after doing a starting point w/HR I'l probably have to do all the regigistry all over , Right?
    Quote Originally Posted by cscoot03 View Post
    Man I didn't mean to shut you guys up, I'm just trying to learn.
    I have no idea what you're talking about.
    Me either.. I thought it was some kind of secret Windows Mobile code since I'm new to the Treo 800w.
    Ebag,
    Thanks so much for putting all this together.
    Just call me Berd.
    I have a question. Running on 128 dpi, i know that only 7 programs are allowed in the program list when you hit the start menu.

Being that we have much more space running 96dpi, is there a way to increase the number of programs that appear when you hit the start menu, i estimate that maybe 3 or 4 can be added to the list before running out of space.
    First of all Thanks so much EBAG for all your work! It's brilliant.. and your patience too!

I'm just about to take the plunge on a Treo Pro. My question:

berdinkerdickle,
    When you installed this on your pro, what changes have occured on your device? I understand that this project started with putting the Treo 700's dialler on the 800. What effect does this have on the TP?

Is there a change to our dialler on the TP? I saw your posts on "what exactly is realVGA and will it work with Treo 850??" but that thread went inactive a long time back.

And before I forget, thanks Berd for all your work on this forum and the others and on your 3000++ (and going strong) posts!
  18.    #398  
    Quote Originally Posted by makrotonik View Post
    I have a question. Running on 128 dpi, i know that only 7 programs are allowed in the program list when you hit the start menu.

Being that we have much more space running 96dpi, is there a way to increase the number of programs that appear when you hit the start menu, i estimate that maybe 3 or 4 can be added to the list before running out of space.
    \Windows\Start Menu\

Add shortcuts to there. You can copy and paste from deeper (IE: \Windows\Start Menu\Programs\).
    Quote Originally Posted by Dunebug View Post
    First of all Thanks so much EBAG for all your work! It's brilliant.. and your patience too!

I'm just about to take the plunge on a Treo Pro. My question:

berdinkerdickle,
    When you installed this on your pro, what changes have occured on your device? I understand that this project started with putting the Treo 700's dialler on the 800. What effect does this have on the TP?

Is there a change to our dialler on the TP? I saw your posts on "what exactly is realVGA and will it work with Treo 850??" but that thread went inactive a long time back.

And before I forget, thanks Berd for all your work on this forum and the others and on your 3000++ (and going strong) posts!
    Ebag took care of it all.
    (Huge Thanks Again)
    He made it so simple!
    Just choose Treo Pro when it asks you, and all is good - dialer and all.
    Just call me Berd.
    Ebag all I can say is WOW!!! Thank You for this. It's almost like HD for 800. I mean this the smallish screen very doable. Awsome script M8. Thanks again.