Page 2 of 23 FirstFirst 123456712 ... LastLast
  1. aph
    Global Posts
    174 Global Posts
    Why are icons missing/incorrect? They are fine using the stock Real VGA app
  2.    #22  
    Quote Originally Posted by aph View Post
    Why are icons missing/incorrect? They are fine using the stock Real VGA app
    For some reason the .dll's appear to have been corrupted or not loaded. Not sure the cause, it's very odd (especially since I've reinstalled several times).

I'm going to be hard resetting and making sure that my installer works before posting that version.
    Quote Originally Posted by Ebag333 View Post
    Check your program files.
    OK, I don't know if that's supposed to be sarcastic or not, but yea. I did check my Program Files, and here's what I've got:

And when I click on it I get:

4. aph
    Global Posts
    174 Global Posts
    Posting what version? It looks like the screenshots are from the files you posted
    Posting what version? It looks like the screenshots are from the files you posted
    Huh? OK, I'll try to explain it again.

1. I installed the Real VGA 800w.cab
    2. I copied the mort script to my \Windows\ directory
    3. I went to my Program Files and found the Real VGA icon, as can bee sen in this screen shot that I just recently took:

4. When I click on the icon, this is the error I receive:

Global Posts
    62 Global Posts
    Yea i just checked and the Lookup is the only plugin above Active Call.
  7.    #27  
    Quote Originally Posted by MidwestDrummer View Post
    OK, I don't know if that's supposed to be sarcastic or not, but yea. I did check my Program Files, and here's what I've got:

No sarcasm, just figured you may have missed it.

And from the original post:

Requirements:
    800w
    MortScript
    Make sure you have Mortscript installed. I'm half tempted to install Mortscript as part of everything else...but....that'd make it bulky...and...meh....

Quote Originally Posted by kwyatt View Post
    Yea i just checked and the Lookup is the only plugin above Active Call.

Try my new version when it comes out.
    Ah, Mortscript is a separate program. I thought it was only referring to the script needing to be added to the \WINDOWS\ directory. I'll give that a shot.
    Just a quick question, when you use mortscript to swap between the two resolutions, does it harm anything on the OS itself (make the processor run harder, etc) ?

Also, if you make the resolution higher, does it defeat the purpose if you increase the size in IE or text size in general?

Thanks Ebag! Great work!
  10.    #30  
    Quote Originally Posted by RichTJ99 View Post
    Just a quick question, when you use mortscript to swap between the two resolutions, does it harm anything on the OS itself (make the processor run harder, etc) ?

Also, if you make the resolution higher, does it defeat the purpose if you increase the size in IE or text size in general?

Thanks Ebag! Great work!
    The script only changes some registry settings. Feel free to look at it.

If you make the resolution higher you may need to increase the size in IE or text. IE always annoyed me because it didn't scale extremely large images and very small ones well, so if you set it smaller than "standard" it always looked weird. With the higher resolution I can leave IE set to standard.

I say go with whatever looks best and is most comfortable for you.
    So is the cab file just the some of the icons? The script looks like it just changes the DPI (exactly as you stated). That looks about as risk free as possible.
  12.    #32  
    Maybe not entirely risk free. I did have to hard reset to uninstall it. Twice. Stupid MS un/installer.

The files were actually gone, but it still existed in the programs list, so I couldn't install a newer version. That WAS with the old installer, however. This one may work better. Plus I'd installed it multiple times over itself so.... *shrug*

As promised a new version:
    http://www.4shared.com/file/59696250..._VGA_800w.html

Two *VERY* important notes:

1) You still need the script from the first post (it's newer than even this). Make sure you get it and drop it into your \Windows\ directory.

2) If you get weird/broken icons, you can install the 96DPI pack over the top of this. It won't hurt it. Or you can uninstall and reinstall this. I have had to do this several times, I don't think that WM likes adding new DPI dll's for files that are in use....
    I will give that all a go. I am a little confused (as I often am) I have your mortscript & I just ran that, rebooted (no script in the /windows dir) & it seems to work (with some broken icons here & there).

Am I missing something?
    Global Posts
    170 Global Posts
    I tried it, the Dial Lookup now shows, but my left Softkey says "Phone" which does nothing, and my right softkey says "Contacts", which does work, but I'd rather the "Menu" option which let me choose contacts under that.

Also after typing a number in, when I try to press the dial button nothing happens

Also I was hoping to hide the Dial Lookup field, but am not able to since the option isn't there anymore. I'm also unable to bring up the dial pad by pressing the green button.

Anyone else having this problem?

Thanks,

~J
    Global Posts
    170 Global Posts
    I actually tried to reload it a 2nd time by itself and the Dial Lookup didn't show up and isn't available to pick. I'm wondering if that was from a prior install.
  16. aph
    Global Posts
    174 Global Posts
    Huh? OK, I'll try to explain it again.
    Sorry, my question was in response to Ebag333's post:

For some reason the .dll's appear to have been corrupted or not loaded. Not sure the cause, it's very odd (especially since I've reinstalled several times).

I'm going to be hard resetting and making sure that my installer works before posting that version.
  17. aph
    Global Posts
    174 Global Posts
    Maybe not entirely risk free. I did have to hard reset to uninstall it. Twice. Stupid MS un/installer.

The files were actually gone, but it still existed in the programs list, so I couldn't install a newer version. That WAS with the old installer, however. This one may work better. Plus I'd installed it multiple times over itself so.... *shrug*

As promised a new version:
    http://www.4shared.com/file/59696250..._VGA_800w.html

Two *VERY* important notes:

1) You still need the script from the first post (it's newer than even this). Make sure you get it and drop it into your \Windows\ directory.

2) If you get weird/broken icons, you can install the 96DPI pack over the top of this. It won't hurt it. Or you can uninstall and reinstall this. I have had to do this several times, I don't think that WM likes adding new DPI dll's for files that are in use....
    So do the start menu and other icons appear here?
    Well, here's my final display using 96dpi:

I don't mind the missing icons. If it gets fixed, I'll switch to an updated version at that time.
  19.    #39  
    Quote Originally Posted by RichTJ99 View Post
    I will give that all a go. I am a little confused (as I often am) I have your mortscript & I just ran that, rebooted (no script in the /windows dir) & it seems to work (with some broken icons here & there).

Am I missing something?
    So do the start menu and other icons appear here?
    Well, here's my final display using 96dpi:

I don't mind the missing icons. If it gets fixed, I'll switch to an updated version at that time.
    Missing icons seem to be somewhat of an issue with this. I'm not really sure why to be honest.

Reinstalling has fixed this issue for me. Try either reinstalling the whole thing, or just reinstalling the 96 DPI pack.

To reiterate: I see *ALL* of the icons currently. It took two installs.

Quote Originally Posted by NBAJ2K View Post
    I tried it, the Dial Lookup now shows, but my left Softkey says "Phone" which does nothing, and my right softkey says "Contacts", which does work, but I'd rather the "Menu" option which let me choose contacts under that.

Also after typing a number in, when I try to press the dial button nothing happens

Also I was hoping to hide the Dial Lookup field, but am not able to since the option isn't there anymore. I'm also unable to bring up the dial pad by pressing the green button.

Anyone else having this problem?

Thanks,

~J

If you see only Phone and Contacts (instead of Messaging and Menu) then you don't have the Active Call plugin enabled.

Are you sure you have the latest version of the script (linked from the first post)?

If you don't, grab that script, set it to 96 DPI (even if you already have that set), and it'll refresh the registry settings. Otherwise I can post the registry keys to check.

Quote Originally Posted by NBAJ2K View Post
    I actually tried to reload it a 2nd time by itself and the Dial Lookup didn't show up and isn't available to pick. I'm wondering if that was from a prior install.
    Again, make sure you have the *VERY* latest version of the script and installer. The plugin for the 96 DPI is named "Dial Lookup 700 WM6" I believe (as that's where I ripped it from).
    Global Posts
    29 Global Posts
    The dialpad looks the same. That's one of the changes that I can make....but might possibly break the 128 DPI.
    If there were a procedure for changing the dialer to look proper under 96dpi, that would be pretty awesome (moreso if a procedure -- even a tedious one -- could be added for making it format properly under 128dpi). Personally, I don't have much interest in switching back to 128dpi.
Page 2 of 23 FirstFirst 123456712 ... LastLast