Page 17 of 23 FirstFirst ... 71213141516171819202122 ... LastLast
    Global Posts
    281 Global Posts
    I have a problem I hope some may lend some advice on. I did a search, and couldn't find anything on the topic. In my speed dial (96dpi) some entries don't show the voice mail buttons, while others do. I cannot figure out how to save the setting so they will work. this also applies to the 'dial extra digits automatically' I enter the numbers, but they won't save. Will this not work, or am I doing something wrong?
    I am using the plugin with Ultimate Launcher, fwiw.
    Quote Originally Posted by MedicWill View Post
    working fine so far

wish I could find a way to increase the font in PIE a lil though
    Well thats enought for me. I guess I'll give it a try.
    Quote Originally Posted by Ebag333 View Post
    So I've been playing with getting the 800w's dialpad working under RealVGA.

http://discussion.treocentral.com/sh...d.php?t=174500

It's looking pretty good so far. Not quite done yet, but getting there.

The next release should include these, as well as the alternate orange skin for 128 DPI.

Additionally I've added some icons to shellres.96.dll. What does that mean? The task manager and domain enroll icons are finally fixed.

Finally, in the next version there will be an option to choose whether you want to have the battery icon or the speaker icon. This was added mostly as a work around for the Treo Pro owners until I get around to fixing the battery icons. (Hopefully!) But if you wanted the speaker icon instead of the battery icon, you'll soon have that choice.

I will also be redoing the way the installer works so hopefully it's easier and not so much a pain. I'll be providing the changed files so folks with it installed should have no problems upgrading.
    You are the man! Seriously, where is the donation button?!
  3.    #323  
    Quote Originally Posted by dannzeman View Post
    You are the man! Seriously, where is the donation button?!
    I don't request donations, so no donation button.

I'm on the forum purely because I enjoy helping and making these better. If donating would make you feel better, you can contact me privately and work something out.

I never ask for donations, even if someone promises they will and never follows through.
  4.    #324  
    I don't request donations, so no donation button.

I'm on the forum purely because I enjoy helping and making these better. If donating would make you feel better, you can contact me privately and work something out.

I never ask for donations, even if someone promises they will and never follows through.

See this thread for more details.
    Good for you.
    Some time back over at xda-developers, certain ones who were 'donation driven' got real aggressive.
    I'm not saying those who accept donations are wrong. But things can eaisly become real ugly.
    So for a newbie wanting to implement this on his 800w, but not having time to read 17 pages of this thread... are the instructions on the first page the most updated instructions for doing this? Do you have to do the hard reset first?

Pictures look great... thanks for the hard work.
    Quote Originally Posted by maxpower49 View Post
    So for a newbie wanting to implement this on his 800w, but not having time to read 17 pages of this thread... are the instructions on the first page the most updated instructions for doing this? Do you have to do the hard reset first?

Pictures look great... thanks for the hard work.
    yes, the first post is the most up to date instructions and files. And yes, you MUST hard reset, otherwise you'll have a boat load of problems.
    yes, the first post is the most up to date instructions and files. And yes, you MUST hard reset, otherwise you'll have a boat load of problems.
    And I can not create a backup and restore after I do the hard reset?
    And I can not create a backup and restore after I do the hard reset?
    Um, I'm not exactly sure about that. There may be some things you could restore from a backup, like contacts, calendar and whatnot. Possibly apps too.

I'll tell you this though, even if someone else here recommends you shouldn't restore from a backup after you install RealVGA, it'll be worth it.

This was one of the first things I installed when I got my 800w and I've been very happy with it.
    Um, I'm not exactly sure about that. There may be some things you could restore from a backup, like contacts, calendar and whatnot. Possibly apps too.

I'll tell you this though, even if someone else here recommends you shouldn't restore from a backup after you install RealVGA, it'll be worth it.

This was one of the first things I installed when I got my 800w and I've been very happy with it.
    OK, thanks. I do think I'll go ahead and do it since everyone seems to like it so much... just not looking forward to reinstalling all of my games/apps.
    ... just not looking forward to reinstalling all of my games/apps.
    I know what you mean. But each time I have to do that it helps to think about all the app I have on my phone and whether or not I really need some of them.
    So the fonts on the new version of google maps are crazy small with realvga. Has anyone found a way to make the larger?
    I finally got a chance to install this! Its restarting right now so I can play around with it. I decided to do this after my phone decided to hard reset itself one day.... I used the phm soft reset and next thing I know, I am configuring/alinging the touch screen... Weird I know.
    Global Posts
    540 Global Posts
    For whatever reason, I didn't have to do a hard reset. I just installed things according to the directions in post 1 and it worked great.

This is truly wonderful. Not for my eyes, but now I can't go back. It's like many years ago when we all got our first 1024x768 monitors and couldn't stand the big clown icons and GIANT FONT on everyone else's 800x600 screens. LOL.

My only (minor) gripes are that the battery, data, and signal strength icons don't scale, so they look weird. And on the today screen, some of the plugin icons don't quite scale, so my Sprint messaging app and google search plugins look "indented" from the rest, making my today screen appear sort of unkempt. And of course a couple of missing icons that are already noted. But what a great improvement - a couple of programs actually work better now.
    Quote Originally Posted by haus View Post
    <snip>My only (minor) gripes are that the battery, data, and signal strength icons don't scale, so they look weird.</snip>
    This is why i was just browsing through this thread. No solution i take it...
    Samsung N400 -> LG LX5350 -> Samsung A400 -> Sanyo 8100 -> Treo 600 -> Treo 650 -> HTC 6700 -> Treo 700wx -> HTC Touch -> HTC Mogul -> HTC Touch -> Samsung ACE -> Treo 800w -> HTC Touch -> Touch Pro -> Treo 800w -> Touch Pro -> Treo Pro -> Blackberry Bold 9650
  16.    #336  
    Quote Originally Posted by doubleu View Post
    This is why i was just browsing through this thread. No solution i take it...
    They scale, they just look a little funny....like some of the bars on the signal strength touch each other instead of being separate.
    I was nervous to try it for some reason. But when I followed the directions exactly from the first post in this thread, it works fine. Kinda missing the maps today plugin...but will probably get over it. Thanks for all your hard work.
    Ebag, I was chasing down what I thought was a HideCarrier issue, but quickly eliminated it and found out it was related to RealVGA. Browsing through this thread revealed some others have noticed it too.

The issue has to do with the Active Call plugin in 128DPI creating the scroll bars and pushing the bottom of the activecall window off the screen, any idea what is causing that?

I am not surprised in 96DPI there would be some differences in behavior, but I thought that switching back to 128DPI would more or less put it back to stock behavior.

In particular, if the standard set of today plugins (after a hard reset) + the date plugin is loaded, the active call screen shows no scroll bars without RealVGA installed. Once I install RealVGA, switch to 96DPI, and then back to 128DPI, the exact same set of today plugins seems to display differently
  19.    #339  
    Quote Originally Posted by zbop View Post
    Ebag, I was chasing down what I thought was a HideCarrier issue, but quickly eliminated it and found out it was related to RealVGA. Browsing through this thread revealed some others have noticed it too.

The issue has to do with the Active Call plugin in 128DPI creating the scroll bars and pushing the bottom of the activecall window off the screen, any idea what is causing that?

I am not surprised in 96DPI there would be some differences in behavior, but I thought that switching back to 128DPI would more or less put it back to stock behavior.

In particular, if the standard set of today plugins (after a hard reset) + the date plugin is loaded, the active call screen shows no scroll bars without RealVGA installed. Once I install RealVGA, switch to 96DPI, and then back to 128DPI, the exact same set of today plugins seems to display differently
    The only thing I can think of is one of the registry settings isn't getting changed back. You could check the Mortscript and see if anything catches your eye....
    The only thing I can think of is one of the registry settings isn't getting changed back. You could check the Mortscript and see if anything catches your eye....
    Thanks, I'll take a look.