Page 16 of 23 FirstFirst ... 61112131415161718192021 ... LastLast
  1.    #301  
    Quote Originally Posted by berdinkerdickle View Post
    I tried them all in the DPI.mscr, sorry battery icon crunched.
    Any Ideas?

Lastly I put the BatteryIndicator.empty.exe I made in Windows and the Speaker is there instead of Battery - works good.
    Yeah, you needed to put the BatteryIndicator.empty.exe before you ran the script.
    battery is still crunched.
    Maybe someone else with a pro can confirm.
  3.    #303  
    Lastly I put the BatteryIndicator.empty.exe I made in Windows and the Speaker is there instead of Battery - works good.
    battery is still crunched.
    Maybe someone else with a pro can confirm.
    So which is it?

Did you put BatteryIndicator.empty.exe into \Windows\, then run the MortScript to switch to 96 DPI? (And soft reset.)
    The second time I first put the empty.exe in windows before running script then reset.

Are we trying to find out if the batt icon will still be crunched, or are we just trying to swap it to the speaker?

You tell me in which order you want all installed, and i'll do it.
    Just for clarity;

1. Hard Reset
    2. Installed Mort4.1
    3. Installed Your latest RealVGA
    (did not reset when it first asked - let it install the additional stuff.)
    4. I put the BatteryIndicator.empty .exe I made in Windows folder
    5. Selected the 'Treo Pro - 96dpi' from Dpi script.
    6. This time I let it reset, and now I have a speaker.

That's why I ask, 'are we trying fix batt icon or just replace it with speaker?'
  6.    #306  
    That's why I ask, 'are we trying fix batt icon or just replace it with speaker?'
    Yes, just for the time being. It's not idea, but it is better than a useless battery icon.
    Quote Originally Posted by Ebag333 View Post
    Yes, just for the time being. It's not idea, but it is better than a useless battery icon.
    Well in that case, all is fine.

For a Pro owner, I haven't seen any noticeable advantage to running yours vs going this route:
    http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=443385

Thanks for your dedication.

I think our options with the Pro will go thru the roof, if it comes to sprint.
    Just call me Berd.
    Installed without a hard reset (did a backup first) and all seems to be well from what I can tell..
    Palm III > HS Visor > Treo 600 > Treo 650 > Treo 750 > Treo Pro > PrePlus GSM

"95% of all software issues are due to USER ERROR."
    If anyone wants to make their font bigger or different check out this free app.

freewareppc.com/utilities/ingchangefont.shtml
    Quote Originally Posted by MedicWill View Post
    If anyone wants to make their font bigger or different check out this free app.

freewareppc.com/utilities/ingchangefont.shtml
    Anyone else use this before? Just wondering if there's any side effects, slowdowns, ect...
    I'm a huge lurker, I just joined mainly to start downloading stuff for my 800w and I haven't posted because I normally don't have any wisdom/advice to add. But I'm so impressed/excited with the RealVGA for my 800w, that I had to post and say thanks to the folks that helped to develop this.

BTW, I didn't do a hard reset. I had some problems after the first soft reset...shell32.exe kept on crashing, but after another soft reset, everything seems to be fine except for the touchscreen disabled checkbox that I had to uncheck to get things to work right and to keep shell32.exe from crashing.

I still may do a hard reset and start from scratch, but wanted to give it a try and see what it looked like.

Thanks again for putting this together and thanks for all the info/experiences that everyone has shared.
    I have a resolution question. The Treo 800w has a slightly wider but shorter screen than the HTC Touch I had before. The Touch uses 240x320 and the 800w has 320x320.

Why does the Touch show more information with the same size font than the 800w?
    I compared then in internet explorer and word. Same page.

With a slightly wider screen and an extra 80 pixels in width with the same number of verticle pixels why is the 800 showing less?

Still confused
    Still waiting for Hitachi to reintroduce the G1000 with a VGA screen and more memory. I still miss that crash prone beauty.
    Quote Originally Posted by dannzeman View Post
    Anyone else use this before? Just wondering if there's any side effects, slowdowns, ect...
    working fine so far

wish I could find a way to increase the font in PIE a lil though
  14.    #314  
    Quote Originally Posted by Palm_forlackofchoice View Post
    I have a resolution question. The Treo 800w has a slightly wider but shorter screen than the HTC Touch I had before. The Touch uses 240x320 and the 800w has 320x320.

Why does the Touch show more information with the same size font than the 800w?
    I compared then in internet explorer and word. Same page.

With a slightly wider screen and an extra 80 pixels in width with the same number of verticle pixels why is the 800 showing less?

Still confused
    The Touch is 96 DPI, so it shows more than the 800w at 128 DPI (stock).

With RealVGA, you enable 96 DPI on your 800w. This allows you to show more information, but you gotta keep in mind that the screen is still smaller, so it feels like it's showing less.
    I did notice that my bluetooth icon is gone with this. Any way to get that row back?
  16.    #316  
    Quote Originally Posted by SirWise23 View Post
    I did notice that my bluetooth icon is gone with this. Any way to get that row back?
    Not sure what you mean by this, can you post a screenshot?

The 700wx plugin that I use still has the bluetooth icon on it.
    sorry to sound stupid, but isn't more dots per inch better?

What is the difference between pixels and dots per inch?
    thanks
    Still waiting for Hitachi to reintroduce the G1000 with a VGA screen and more memory. I still miss that crash prone beauty.
  18.    #318  
    sorry to sound stupid, but isn't more dots per inch better?
    Yes.

What is the difference between pixels and dots per inch?
    It's really not a stupid question, unfortunately I don't have a good answer for you. Not because I don't understand the difference, but because the various people who define DPI all define it differently. (Print, graphics programs, LCD display manufacturers, etc.)

Forget DPI though when thinking of RealVGA. Instead think that what RealVGA does is make everything 25% (well, 24% and change) smaller.

If everything is smaller, you can fit more onto your screen. It's kinda like zooming out by 25%.
  19.    #319  
    I know I suggested that I should have had a new release out yesterday, but I'm going to hold off on that for now. (Sorry Treo Pro owners!)

I'm making some serious changes to RealVGA that should greatly improve the experience. At least that's my hope!
  20.    #320  
    So I've been playing with getting the 800w's dialpad working under RealVGA.

http://discussion.treocentral.com/sh...d.php?t=174500

It's looking pretty good so far. Not quite done yet, but getting there.

The next release should include these, as well as the alternate orange skin for 128 DPI.

Additionally I've added some icons to shellres.96.dll. What does that mean? The task manager and domain enroll icons are finally fixed.

Finally, in the next version there will be an option to choose whether you want to have the battery icon or the speaker icon. This was added mostly as a work around for the Treo Pro owners until I get around to fixing the battery icons. (Hopefully!) But if you wanted the speaker icon instead of the battery icon, you'll soon have that choice.

I will also be redoing the way the installer works so hopefully it's easier and not so much a pain. I'll be providing the changed files so folks with it installed should have no problems upgrading.