Page 15 of 23 FirstFirst ... 51011121314151617181920 ... LastLast
Results 281 to 300 of 448
  1.    #281  
    Quote Originally Posted by RichTJ99 View Post
    I would like to try RealVGA again on my next hard reset. Since that is coming soon, I figured I would check in. In the above post, you mention getting two cab files from the first post.

    1. I see the Real_VGA_800w.2.0.CAB linked on the first page, but I do not see a second cab file (I am sure Im not looking in the right place).
    The second CAB is for MortScript. I suggest going to the site and downloading it directly to make sure you have the latest version.


    Quote Originally Posted by RichTJ99 View Post
    2. Do I need to also get the DPI.Mscr file as well?
    It only has a few new change options for alternate phone compatability (for Treo Pro testing). You can get it, but you don't need it (and I doubt you'll use the new options).


    Quote Originally Posted by RichTJ99 View Post
    3. There is a link to the dial lookup zip file - is that still needed?

    4. There is also a link to two of Hannips files. -- Are they needed?
    No. If you read the comments next to them I mention that they are included. I've only kept them there for historical purposes (and to give props to Hannip ).


    Quote Originally Posted by beachboy View Post
    Ebag, followed your instructions and everything is working right now. Now I know why voice message screens were missing and the dial pad looked so different, they weren't supposed to be there in the first place. I guess loading all that incorrect stuff gave me the dial pad from another phone, or?

    Oh well everything good now.

    Thanks for all the help.
    Glad to hear it's working! Let me know what you think of it after a few days.
  2. #282  
    Rich, I loaded MortScript and then RealVGA 800w and it works fine, didn't load anything more. Great improvement.

    Quote Originally Posted by RichTJ99 View Post
    Ebag,

    I would like to try RealVGA again on my next hard reset. Since that is coming soon, I figured I would check in. In the above post, you mention getting two cab files from the first post.

    1. I see the Real_VGA_800w.2.0.CAB linked on the first page, but I do not see a second cab file (I am sure Im not looking in the right place).

    2. Do I need to also get the DPI.Mscr file as well?

    3. There is a link to the dial lookup zip file - is that still needed?

    4. There is also a link to two of Hannips files. -- Are they needed?

    Im guessing theres two cab files that do it all at this point, but i wanted to check.

    Thanks,
    Rich
    Clie>Treo 600p> Treo 650p>Treo 755p>Treo 800w>Palm Pre
  3. #283  
    Quote Originally Posted by Ebag333 View Post
    No no no no no no NO.

    Steps 4 and 5 will jack up your system. BIG time.

    If by step 2 you mean install the original RealVGA program, that's completely unneeded.


    To install:



    I really *DO* need to change the way my installer works.....

    You *CAN* get the newer .mscr file at the end of the first post. It's not needed (there's some extra options in there for testing on the Treo Pro).

    So, install those two CAB files, run RealVGA and switch to 96 DPI. It should prompt you to reset. You should be good to go.

    Immediately after switching DPI's, make sure everything looks OK. Occasionally (I see it rarely so I doubt many other people have ever seen it) the installer doesn't work correctly due to files being in use. This will cause weird issues (like using the wrong icons for folders, missing start button, etc). If that happens, hard reset and reinstall. I've never had it happen twice in a row (like I said, *I* see it rarely so I doubt it'll happen to you).



    Sorry if I came across a little firm, but I want to make sure no one tries to install those DLL packs. They are old DLL's that are WM6.0 DLL's, and many won't work properly in 6.1.
    OMG!! THANK YOU THANK YOU!!! I had to hard reset my 800w TWICE exactly because I had the dpi.mscr files installed previously and I reset everytime I installed the realvga cab file. I had totally given up on realvga because of this!
    _________________
    aka Gfunkmagic

    Current device: Palm Pre
    Device graveyard: Palm Vx, Cassiopeia E100, LG Phenom HPC, Palm M515, Treo 300, Treo 600, Treo 650, Treo 700p, Axim X50v, Treo 800w



    Please don't PM me about my avatar. For more info go here.

    Restore your Pre to factory settings using webos doctor and follow these instructions
  4.    #284  
    Quote Originally Posted by gfunkmagic View Post
    OMG!! THANK YOU THANK YOU!!! I had to hard reset my 800w TWICE exactly because I had the dpi.mscr files installed previously and I reset everytime I installed the realvga cab file. I had totally given up on realvga because of this!
    Err, so you got it working properly?
  5. #285  
    Quote Originally Posted by Ebag333 View Post
    Err, so you got it working properly?
    Yeah got it to work thanks...

    Also as a side note... after installing realvga this time, all my folder icons have maintained their proper icons. Previously while using the dpi.mscr for some reason the icons where all messed up defaulting to some other icons. I dunno why but at least now they're working.
    _________________
    aka Gfunkmagic

    Current device: Palm Pre
    Device graveyard: Palm Vx, Cassiopeia E100, LG Phenom HPC, Palm M515, Treo 300, Treo 600, Treo 650, Treo 700p, Axim X50v, Treo 800w



    Please don't PM me about my avatar. For more info go here.

    Restore your Pre to factory settings using webos doctor and follow these instructions
  6.    #286  
    Quote Originally Posted by gfunkmagic View Post
    Previously while using the dpi.mscr for some reason the icons where all messed up defaulting to some other icons. I dunno why but at least now they're working.
    That happens when the resources don't install properly. If it happens to me, I usually just hard reset and reinstall.
  7. #287  
    Ebag, I did a hard reset and installed mortscript 4.1 from the link provided in the first post, then i installed realVGA 800w from the link in first post as well. I hit cancel when it prompted for me to reboot, but I got an error that said "proc : invalid handle" to which i hit the red button a couple times to get back to the today screen. Was that incorrect?? i copied over the .mscr file to my mobile's my documents.

    My main problem is that contacts stops working because cprog.exe crashes now whenever i try to access it. It works fine after installing everything, but once i run the realvga program and swap/reboot to 96dpi, it breaks. I can still have access to it through the today contact lookup bar but the list itself is broken. I have tried this procedure twice (hard reset twice) and it has done the same thing.

    EDIT: okay on try #3 it seems to have worked just fine. I saw your post about files in use so I unplugged my phone from the PC sync first, and I also kept the "phone" off, and also did a soft reset after installing mortscript but right before installing realVGA. A little overkill, but it seems to have worked. no contact issues.
    Last edited by dtran01; 11/26/2008 at 02:37 PM.
  8.    #288  
    The cprog.exe crashes don't seem to have anything to do with RealVGA. I get them sometimes after a hard reset. Just turn off error reporting, and you're fine.


    Glad you got it working okay.
  9. #289  
    Ebag, figured out what was giving me the softkey "Phone" option that didn't work. It related to Today setup disabling "Active Call", if that is diabled the "Notification" and "Menu" softkey options go away. After a soft reset I find sometimes "Active Call" is disabled, all I have to do when I see "Phone" softkey is go to Today setup and enable "Active Call", fixed immediately.



    Quote Originally Posted by Ebag333 View Post
    You mean when you hit the green phone softkey, it brings up your recent call list? Works perfectly for me.

    Ditto for speed dial. The regular speed dial doesn't work right under 96 DPI, which is why I ported the 700wx's over.
    Clie>Treo 600p> Treo 650p>Treo 755p>Treo 800w>Palm Pre
  10.    #290  
    Quote Originally Posted by beachboy View Post
    After a soft reset I find sometimes "Active Call" is disabled, all I have to do when I see "Phone" softkey is go to Today setup and enable "Active Call", fixed immediately.
    Make sure you're enabling the right Active Call (and carrier line) plugins.

    You need to enable the 96 DPI ones, not the default 800w ones. Both will show in the list.

    If they're not enabled after a soft reset when you're trying to switch to 96 DPI, it's probably because something related to those was in use and the script can't adjust the appropriate registry keys.
  11.    #291  
    I've updated the first post with a newer DPI.mscr file (end of the post).

    It's a minor change, but there was a registry key that I missed that may have an effect. It should only have an effect on the way the background image is displayed.

    Code:
    RegWriteDWord("HKLM","Software\Microsoft\Today","DPI", DPISize)
    If you don't see any problems, don't worry about it. If you notice that background images aren't scaling properly, then try the newer script.
  12. #292  
    There is only one option for "Active Call" and it isn't noted as a 96. Anyway, enabling it solves my problem and thats all I wanted. Just wanted to make note if anyone else had the same problem.



    Quote Originally Posted by Ebag333 View Post
    Make sure you're enabling the right Active Call (and carrier line) plugins.

    You need to enable the 96 DPI ones, not the default 800w ones. Both will show in the list.

    If they're not enabled after a soft reset when you're trying to switch to 96 DPI, it's probably because something related to those was in use and the script can't adjust the appropriate registry keys.
    Clie>Treo 600p> Treo 650p>Treo 755p>Treo 800w>Palm Pre
  13.    #293  
    Quote Originally Posted by beachboy View Post
    There is only one option for "Active Call" and it isn't noted as a 96. Anyway, enabling it solves my problem and thats all I wanted. Just wanted to make note if anyone else had the same problem.

    Errr, you're right. I was thinking of the Dial Lookup plugin.
  14.    #294  
    Quote Originally Posted by Ebag333 View Post
    I've updated the first post with a newer DPI.mscr file (end of the post).

    It's a minor change, but there was a registry key that I missed that may have an effect. It should only have an effect on the way the background image is displayed.

    Code:
    RegWriteDWord("HKLM","Software\Microsoft\Today","DPI", DPISize)
    If you don't see any problems, don't worry about it. If you notice that background images aren't scaling properly, then try the newer script.
    I've updated the first post again with a newer version. I wasn't paying enough attention, and thus was updating the wrong registry branch.

    It should have been HKCU, not HKLM.


    Also, for those who want to reset the DPI settings for background images and such, you can select the new DPI Only setting. It will re-write the appropriate registry keys. You will still get prompted to soft reset, but if you hit No (and do not soft reset) it will refresh the today screen which should fix background image scaling/tiling issues.

    The new DPI Only settings do not adjust the today screen plugins, and does not swap the PhoneDialer.exe (dialpad). You should not use the DPI Only options on an 800w for the initial setup or if you want to switch back to 128 DPI. Only use the DPI Only options to refresh the Today screen.
  15.    #295  
    I've updated the first post again with a newer version.

    Changes:
    • When refreshing DPI, you are no longer prompted to reset, it simply refreshes the today screen.
    • Initial support for the Treo Pro is built in. There is a file that needs to be added to copy over the default Battery Indicator to fix the smushed battery icon problem. The .CAB file has not been updated with that file yet.
    • Cleaned up the code which hopefully means I'll break less stuff and make it easier to maintain.
  16. ehehat's Avatar
    Posts
    343 Posts
    Global Posts
    347 Global Posts
    #296  
    Great update (not having to reset when toggling resolutions)!

    can this update be installed over existing or do you still recomend starting from a hard reset?
    Devices used: Palm VIIx - Tungsten T - Tungsten T3 - HP ipaq 4155 - Tungsten T5 - BB 7520 - Treo 650 - Treo 700wx - Treo 755p - Q9c - BB 8130 - Treo 800w - HTC Touch Pro - BB 8330 - BB 8520 - HTC HD2 - Palm Pre
  17.    #297  
    Quote Originally Posted by ehehat View Post
    Great update (not having to reset when toggling resolutions)!

    can this update be installed over existing or do you still recomend starting from a hard reset?
    It's only the Mortscript, so grab that and throw it in your \Windows\ directory, and you're good to go.
  18. #298  
    Good Job Ebag!
    Will Try.
    Thanks a Bunch
    Just call me Berd.
  19.    #299  
    Berd,

    If you want to test the Treo Pro toggle, simple create an empty file (TXT works fine), name it BatteryIndicator.empty.exe, and throw it into the \Windows\ directory.

    The script *SHOULD* then toggle back and forth on the battery indicator.
  20. #300  
    1. Hard Reset
    2. Installed Mort4.1
    3. Installed Your latest RealVGA
    (did not reset when it first asked - let it install the additional stuff.)
    4. Selected the 'Treo Pro - 96dpi' from Dpi script.
    5. This time I let it reset, and at 96dpi Battery Icon is still crunched.
    I tried them all in the DPI.mscr, sorry battery icon crunched.
    Any Ideas?

    Lastly I put the BatteryIndicator.empty.exe I made in Windows and the Speaker is there instead of Battery - works good.

Posting Permissions