Page 13 of 23 FirstFirst ... 389101112131415161718 ... LastLast
Results 241 to 260 of 448
  1.    #241  
    Quote Originally Posted by Ebag333 View Post
    THEORETICALLY you should be able to use my RealVGA for any device. The only potential for trouble would be with the custom 800w stuff. I may add two options to the MortScript to allow you to switch resources without switching the phone dialer, etc. This doesn't mean I'd support other devices, but it'd give you a way of testing it.

    There's now 2 additional options in the script.

    Options:
    128
    96
    128 (DPI Only)
    96 (DPI Only)


    The first two options function as they always have.

    The DPI options *ONLY* change the DPI. They do not change the Today screen plugins or switch the phone dialer.

    Note that once you've ran one of the first two options, you're kinda stuck. So if you're using a device other than the 800w, try the DPI Only ones first.
  2. #242  
    Quote Originally Posted by Ebag333 View Post
    I certify the .DLL's myself so I know what cert they're using and I can be sure they're all using the same one. Since a lot of the .DLL's I grab are from various devices, I had issues until I made sure those were registered (as they might have been registered with an HTC cert that wasn't on our Treo's).

    Hmm, I should add ipsecvpn.96.dll to the package....

    Post up what icon's you are missing, and I'll see if I can track down the .DLL's that need to be added/updated. My Treo isn't missing any, so there must be something different that your Epix is looking for.





    Oops, meant to remove that.

    No, it's the exact same script. Downloading that one wouldn't hurt, but it wouldn't change anything either.

    It's gone now.
    The only icons I see missing are the icon for the WM6.1 Task Manager, located in the System tab of settings, and the Domain Enroll icon located in the Connections tab of settings.

    I used to have missing envelopes in the native WM6.1 threaded SMS app but the new outres.96.dll fixed that.

    The only other thing I can think of that is a little out of whack is the animated ActiveSync logo - instead of spinning it does this other weird thing.

    These are really all aesthetic though - they don't hurt everyday functionality so I am not too concerned.
  3.    #243  
    Quote Originally Posted by saucycg View Post
    The only icons I see missing are the icon for the WM6.1 Task Manager, located in the System tab of settings, and the Domain Enroll icon located in the Connections tab of settings.

    I used to have missing envelopes in the native WM6.1 threaded SMS app but the new outres.96.dll fixed that.

    The only other thing I can think of that is a little out of whack is the animated ActiveSync logo - instead of spinning it does this other weird thing.

    These are really all aesthetic though - they don't hurt everyday functionality so I am not too concerned.
    Hardly anyone uses domain enroll, and task manager is easily available through the start menu on the 800w so neither of those have been high priorities for me.

    Ditto on the ActiveSync logo.

    I might go back and try and fix those at some point, but they don't hurt anything and are rarely even seen...so....meh.
  4. #244  
    Quote Originally Posted by Ebag333 View Post
    Hardly anyone uses domain enroll, and task manager is easily available through the start menu on the 800w so neither of those have been high priorities for me.

    Ditto on the ActiveSync logo.

    I might go back and try and fix those at some point, but they don't hurt anything and are rarely even seen...so....meh.
    hehe my thoughts exactly.
  5. Cel
    Cel is offline
    Cel's Avatar
    Posts
    248 Posts
    Global Posts
    290 Global Posts
    #245  
    I kind of like the activesync one, it's like "don't roll away there little guy..."
  6. #246  
    Real_VGA_800w.2.0.CAB is very stable, everything for me works.

    1. hard reset
    2. Mort script
    3. real_vga cab
    4. DPI.mscr

    Thanks for the hard work.
  7. #247  
    Wow, sweet hack

    Ya know, I didn't think I would appreciate the extra resolution going from 240x240 to 320x320, but man... now my 700wx seems downright grainy.

    Thanks for working on this
  8.    #248  
    Quote Originally Posted by zbop View Post
    Wow, sweet hack

    Ya know, I didn't think I would appreciate the extra resolution going from 240x240 to 320x320, but man... now my 700wx seems downright grainy.

    Thanks for working on this

    High praise coming from the hack master.
  9. dpmeador's Avatar
    Posts
    8 Posts
    Global Posts
    9 Global Posts
    #249  
    After installing 2.0, I lost DTMF. Is this due to using the dial pad from the 700?
  10.    #250  
    Quote Originally Posted by dpmeador View Post
    After installing 2.0, I lost DTMF. Is this due to using the dial pad from the 700?
    DTMF?
  11. #251  
    Ebag,

    Any chance of getting the Internet Sharing icon back in the carrier line? The one that shows up between the GPS icon and the BT icon?

    And DTMF is the sound the dial pad makes when you touch a button, i.e. the sound a normal phone makes when you push a button. There is no key sound after installing Real VGA.

    Thanks.
    Grant Smith
    A+, Net+, MCPx2, BSIT/VC, MIS

    eNVENT Technologies
    Use your imagination.
    --
    Sprint HTC Evo 4G

    DISCLAIMER: The views, conclusions, findings and opinions of this author are those of this author and do not necessarily reflect the views of eNVENT Technologies.
  12.    #252  
    No chance on the internet sharing icon. Not without using the 800w's, and that just doesn't work well.

    Not unless you can find me another Palm custom dialer that uses 240x240 resolution or is designed for 96 DPI.


    As for DTMF, there's probably some registry keys missing. I will try and remember to look into that at some point. I almost never use the dial pad, so I never really noticed....
  13. dpmeador's Avatar
    Posts
    8 Posts
    Global Posts
    9 Global Posts
    #253  
    re: DTMF

    I was too fancy for my own good. What I meant was since installing Real VGA, on the dial pad when a number is pressed, the touch tone sounds are gone (however dialing out is fine..)
  14.    #254  
    Quote Originally Posted by dpmeador View Post
    re: DTMF

    I was too fancy for my own good. What I meant was since installing Real VGA, on the dial pad when a number is pressed, the touch tone sounds are gone (however dialing out is fine..)
    Yes, this is (now ) a known issue.

    I'll look into it when I get a chance, but it's a relatively low priority.
  15.    #255  
    Mostly a note to myself....

    The carrier line blinks rapidly when you are in roaming. Why? I have no idea.....


    Anyway, here's how to disable it.

    For 96 DPI:
    HKLM\Software\Palm\Varnish\DialLookupPlugin\Status
    "BlinkRoamingText"=dword:00000000

    For 128 DPI:
    HKLM\PALM\CARRIER\DialLookupPlugin\Status
    "BlinkRoamingText"=dword:00000000
  16. ehehat's Avatar
    Posts
    343 Posts
    Global Posts
    347 Global Posts
    #256  
    Ebag (or anyone else)

    Any idea if there is a registry line to make the photo id on active call and incoming call larger?
    Devices used: Palm VIIx - Tungsten T - Tungsten T3 - HP ipaq 4155 - Tungsten T5 - BB 7520 - Treo 650 - Treo 700wx - Treo 755p - Q9c - BB 8130 - Treo 800w - HTC Touch Pro - BB 8330 - BB 8520 - HTC HD2 - Palm Pre
  17.    #257  
    Quote Originally Posted by ehehat View Post
    Ebag (or anyone else)

    Any idea if there is a registry line to make the photo id on active call and incoming call larger?
    Nope. That's coded into the plugin.

    Remember, it's designed for a 240x240 resolution.
  18. dpmeador's Avatar
    Posts
    8 Posts
    Global Posts
    9 Global Posts
    #258  
    Quote Originally Posted by Ebag333 View Post
    Yes, this is (now ) a known issue.

    I'll look into it when I get a chance, but it's a relatively low priority.
    Re: on my comment on the missing touch tones when using the touch pad. I wish I could tell you what I did, but the tones have magically returned.
  19.    #259  
    Quote Originally Posted by dpmeador View Post
    Re: on my comment on the missing touch tones when using the touch pad. I wish I could tell you what I did, but the tones have magically returned.
    Hum. Odd because they don't work on mine.
  20. ehehat's Avatar
    Posts
    343 Posts
    Global Posts
    347 Global Posts
    #260  
    Quote Originally Posted by Ebag333 View Post
    Nope. That's coded into the plugin.

    Remember, it's designed for a 240x240 resolution.
    Thats a drag. Oh well...certainly not enough reason to go back to 128dpi.
    Devices used: Palm VIIx - Tungsten T - Tungsten T3 - HP ipaq 4155 - Tungsten T5 - BB 7520 - Treo 650 - Treo 700wx - Treo 755p - Q9c - BB 8130 - Treo 800w - HTC Touch Pro - BB 8330 - BB 8520 - HTC HD2 - Palm Pre

Posting Permissions