Page 12 of 23 FirstFirst ... 2789101112131415161722 ... LastLast
  1.    #221  
    I would try doing a fresh hard reset and reinstalling. What you are seeing is not typical.

Unfortunately RealVGA is picky, and I've sometimes had to hard reset and reinstall twice. Give it another shot and see if your problems go away.

If they don't, then there may be a device issue.
    this program has worked wonders...

my only concern is the phone dial pad; they got reduced to about 3/4 of the screen..

have i missed something?
  3.    #223  
    Quote Originally Posted by PalmDM View Post
    this program has worked wonders...

my only concern is the phone dial pad; they got reduced to about 3/4 of the screen..

have i missed something?
    Nope.

It's from the 700wx which uses a dialpad designed for 96 DPI, but in 240x240 size instead of 320x320.

The 800w's dialpad is the 320x320 size, but the buttons are cut off as they aren't designed for 96 DPI.
    Just read through the whole post, all 12 pages. Only took me 2 hours. Good thing I did it at work Heading off to breakfast but will try this when I get back. Can't wait!!! Oh, here's a pre-emptive thanks to ebag, hannip, and everyone else that has worked on this.
  5.    #225  
    Quote Originally Posted by dannzeman View Post
    Just read through the whole post, all 12 pages. Only took me 2 hours. Good thing I did it at work
    I do some of my best work at work.
    Quote Originally Posted by dvdmon View Post
    Ok, found a workaround. I installed SPB Mobile Shell 2.1.0, and now it works. I had 2.1.2 which didn't work. Is this something we can get SPB to change or is it something that will always require hacks?
    Nice! Where did you get 2.1.0?
    Great work, I love the 320x320 @ 96dpi. All my stuff on the today's screen fits.

The most irritating issue is that sometimes when I get incoming calls, both incoming and outgoing voices are buzzing. Anyone get this?

When I am calling, I don't get that screen to switch to speaker phone mode, how do you guys activate that?

When I switch back to 128dpi and try to find treo alerts, it's not there.
    Boy I am jealous....just got a Samsung Epix and when I install the resource pack I get all kinds of cprog.exe errors and my phone dialer won't come up. I came across this thread looking for updated realVGA resources.

Glad to see it's working so well on 800w....I guess I need to do some more homework to get it running on my Epix....those 96dpi screens look AMAZING.

I can't believe how dumb it is that MS makes a 320x320 screen emulate 240x240...what is the point?!?!?!
    Last edited by saucycg; 10/29/2008 at 11:37 AM. Reason: spaling errers
    Quote Originally Posted by saucycg View Post
    Boy I am jealous....just got a Samsung Epix and when I install the resource pack I get all kinds of cprog.exe errors and my phone dialer won't come up. I came across this thread looking for updated realVGA resources.

Glad to see it's working so well on 800w....I guess I need to do some more homework to get it running on my Epix....those 96dpi screens look AMAZING.

I can't believe how dumb it is that MS makes a 320x320 screen emulate 240x240...what is the point?!?!?!
    http://forum.xda-developers.com/show...&postcount=630
  10.    #230  
    Just a heads up, the Respack uses old DLL's that haven't been updated.

I just went through and upgraded a whole slew of them in mine. I am testing for support for Hannip's hack to use the WM threaded messaging. I will post the latest version when I get a chance (assuming no problems).

THEORETICALLY you should be able to use my RealVGA for any device. The only potential for trouble would be with the custom 800w stuff. I may add two options to the MortScript to allow you to switch resources without switching the phone dialer, etc. This doesn't mean I'd support other devices, but it'd give you a way of testing it.
  11.    #231  
    It's official! Real VGA now supports Hannip's hack for the default WM threaded messaging!

As always, I recommend a hard reset before installing due to the amount of system files that this touches.

Download:
    http://www.4shared.com/file/69947179...GA_800w20.html

To Install:
    Copy the Real VGA 800w.cab file to your 800w. Install.

DO NOT reset the phone when you are prompted during the install! Because the installer adds system files the phone will want to restart. Instead hit cancel so that the installer can install the certification keys. If these do not install, RealVGA will not function properly.

As an interesting note, 357 people have downloaded RealVGA.

That doesn't include the first few versions either!

If you're undecided about it, give it a shot. The vast majority of the feedback I've heard has been nothing but positive.
    Sweet - updated icons!

Unfortunately, I get cprog.exe crashes with this cab set. I'm going to pop it open and remove some of the treo specific stuff and see if that helps....
  13.    #233  
    Sweet - updated icons!

Unfortunately, I get cprog.exe crashes with this cab set. I'm going to pop it open and remove some of the treo specific stuff and see if that helps....
    There may be some .dll's that have items in them that the new ones are missing or is different from your device.

Did you install this from a fresh hard reset, and make sure that the certificate got installed?
    Yeah I had to remove the tapres.dll.0409.mui - it was crashing cprog.exe and wouldnt let me open the phone or contacts. The existing file in the WM6.1 Epix rom seems to play nice with the rest of the 96 dpi stuff.

What does the testcert cab do? Is that just so the app appears signed to the OS?

I am still having problems with the wireless signal meter etc with this so I think I might just pull the outres96.dll and incorporate it into my other cab...
  15.    #235  
    Yeah I had to remove the tapres.dll.0409.mui - it was crashing cprog.exe and wouldnt let me open the phone or contacts. The existing file in the WM6.1 Epix rom seems to play nice with the rest of the 96 dpi stuff.

What does the testcert cab do? Is that just so the app appears signed to the OS?

I am still having problems with the wireless signal meter etc with this so I think I might just pull the outres96.dll and incorporate it into my other cab...
    Hmm, I'll have to try and remember to look at the tapres.dll.0409.mui and compare what's in it to the 800w. I wonder what Epix doesn't like in it...

The testcert cab adds a certification to the registry so that these .dll's can run without you authorizing them. Since they're called when the OS boots up, without them you'll get odd behaviour (missing icons, wrong icons used, etc).

Whats the problem you're having with the wireless signal meter?

And if you want, I can pass you on all the files I have (including the MSCR script). All I ask is that you credit me somewhere on it.
    Quote Originally Posted by Ebag333 View Post
    Hmm, I'll have to try and remember to look at the tapres.dll.0409.mui and compare what's in it to the 800w. I wonder what Epix doesn't like in it...

The testcert cab adds a certification to the registry so that these .dll's can run without you authorizing them. Since they're called when the OS boots up, without them you'll get odd behaviour (missing icons, wrong icons used, etc).

Whats the problem you're having with the wireless signal meter?

And if you want, I can pass you on all the files I have (including the MSCR script). All I ask is that you credit me somewhere on it.
    That's really odd - I don't have to install any certs in order to use the 96dpi dlls from the original realvga 96dpi resource cab...and the outlook stuff seems to be have all the icons I need...

All I really did to get the 96dpi working on epix was remove the .mui file and I added in the ipsecvpn.96.dll. I think I'll run with it a bit and see how it goes...so far it's pretty great - only minor annoyances like a handful of missing icons...
    Ebag, do I need to download and use the script that is in the first post with the new cab you posted yesterday? Is it a newer version than the one that comes in the install from the cab?
  18.    #238  
    That's really odd - I don't have to install any certs in order to use the 96dpi dlls from the original realvga 96dpi resource cab...and the outlook stuff seems to be have all the icons I need...

All I really did to get the 96dpi working on epix was remove the .mui file and I added in the ipsecvpn.96.dll. I think I'll run with it a bit and see how it goes...so far it's pretty great - only minor annoyances like a handful of missing icons...
    I certify the .DLL's myself so I know what cert they're using and I can be sure they're all using the same one. Since a lot of the .DLL's I grab are from various devices, I had issues until I made sure those were registered (as they might have been registered with an HTC cert that wasn't on our Treo's).

Hmm, I should add ipsecvpn.96.dll to the package....

Post up what icon's you are missing, and I'll see if I can track down the .DLL's that need to be added/updated. My Treo isn't missing any, so there must be something different that your Epix is looking for.

Ebag, do I need to download and use the script that is in the first post with the new cab you posted yesterday? Is it a newer version than the one that comes in the install from the cab?
    Oops, meant to remove that.

No, it's the exact same script. Downloading that one wouldn't hurt, but it wouldn't change anything either.

It's gone now.
    Quote Originally Posted by Ebag333 View Post
    I certify the .DLL's myself so I know what cert they're using and I can be sure they're all using the same one. Since a lot of the .DLL's I grab are from various devices, I had issues until I made sure those were registered (as they might have been registered with an HTC cert that wasn't on our Treo's).

Hmm, I should add ipsecvpn.96.dll to the package....

Post up what icon's you are missing, and I'll see if I can track down the .DLL's that need to be added/updated. My Treo isn't missing any, so there must be something different that your Epix is looking for.

Oops, meant to remove that.

No, it's the exact same script. Downloading that one wouldn't hurt, but it wouldn't change anything either.

It's gone now.
    ok. just wanted to make sure. I just installed the updated RealVGA and the threaded sms switcher and everything is working great! thanks a ton! just one question...im gettting ready to install phonealar. and don't want it to mess things up by bringing palms sms back. what do I need to do? I read I need to add /windows/tmail.exe -service "SMS" but where do I put that?
  20.    #240  
    ok. just wanted to make sure. I just installed the updated RealVGA and the threaded sms switcher and everything is working great! thanks a ton! just one question...im gettting ready to install phonealar. and don't want it to mess things up by bringing palms sms back. what do I need to do? I read I need to add /windows/tmail.exe -service "SMS" but where do I put that?
    Good questions.

I'm not sure on PhoneAlarm. I don't use it, so I can't really give details on that. You might have better luck posting on the Poutlook SMS thread.