Page 11 of 23 FirstFirst ... 67891011121314151621 ... LastLast
Results 201 to 220 of 448
  1. Cel
    Cel is offline
    Cel's Avatar
    Posts
    248 Posts
    Global Posts
    290 Global Posts
    #201  
    Quote Originally Posted by curtisfong View Post
    Yes I did. Hard reset, install mort's, the latest cab (on the front page), DPI.mscr

    I also installed ResPack96dpi.ARM.CAB

    Contacts still are not working, and the phone is very slow when I'm at 96 DPI.


    edit:

    OK things are working now. I'm not sure why. I did another hard reset then did everything again. So far..so good. Do I need to install ResPack128dpi.ARM.CAB as well?
    Are you installing it through a cab installer from your PC? I did that the first time and it only ran the first program. Copy the whole cab over and install it. May not be applicable to you, but that's my tip.
  2. kalibar's Avatar
    Posts
    26 Posts
    Global Posts
    29 Global Posts
    #202  
    Hey Ebag, just wanted to check back in and throw some praise your way -- you're doing a really great job with this, and I appreciate the time and effort you've put into bullying it into behaving so nicely. The working dialpad was a very nice fix.

    The only thing I'm curious about at this point are the icons on the top bar -- EV, signal strength, battery -- they look smushed. It appears that we're just getting the 128dpi icons mashed down to fit on the 96dpi top bar rather than true 96dpi icons. I know I'm not the only one having this issue because I see it on every single RealVGA-enabled screenshot posted over in the "post your today screen" thread and it catches my eye each time because I'm goofy.

    I apologize if this has been covered already and I managed to miss it, but if it hasn't, here's a screenshot of my device, fresh off a hard reset with Ebag's lovely RealVGA build loaded -- check out the white icons in the top right:



    As a point of contrast, forums user "jbommade" over at xda-developers has a thread going for Manilla 2D on the also-320x320 Samsung i780 with RealVGA @ 96dpi, and the screens he has posted have the icons displaying properly. Here's a shot from his thread to illustrate:



    Any idea what could be causing this or if it would be fixable on the 800w?

    Thanks again for all your great work, Ebag. You've really been a saint for us.
  3.    #203  
    Unfortunately the .DLL's used for those icons control other things. So I can't just slap in the "pretty" DLL's without losing some of Palm's tweaks. I prefer to do that as little as possible.
  4. #204  
    Has anyone tried it on the Treo Pro yet?

    ps: I manually changed registry entries before and that worked, but now every time I soft reset those changes disappear. Does anyone know the reason for this?

    Thanks!
    Click here for more Treo Pro Tricks
  5.    #205  
    You could try my MortScript on the Treo Pro, but I would comment out the lines that move files around first.

    If you soft reset by pulling the battery your changes will be lost. Use a program to soft reset.
  6. #206  
    Kind of getting the itch to try this out. Couple of questions:

    1. True or false. PIE plus (screen drag) works fine in 96 DPI?

    2. After a hard reset, you can just point to apps previously installed on the storage card and they work? Seems to easy... what about all the reg keys that get written during a normal install?

    Thanks.
  7.    #207  
    Quote Originally Posted by akenis View Post
    Kind of getting the itch to try this out. Couple of questions:

    1. True or false. PIE plus (screen drag) works fine in 96 DPI?
    Haven't tried it. Try it out and let us know.


    Quote Originally Posted by akenis View Post
    2. After a hard reset, you can just point to apps previously installed on the storage card and they work? Seems to easy... what about all the reg keys that get written during a normal install?
    You can, you just need to create new shortcuts.

    Many programs will write any missing registry keys (to defaults). Some won't.

    Some programs also install to the \Windows\ directory, those would need to be reinstalled.
  8. #208  
    Took the plunge after a hard reset...

    1. Yes PIE plus .... and SCREEN DRAG.... works perfectly.

    2. Task Manager Icon is missing in Program files... still works.

    3. No issues w/ carrier plugin, On/off hang. What's the )))) looking icon between location and bluetooth?

    4. I did NOT install any of the updated dll's from the first post as I don't appear to have any of those symptoms.

    Well there goes the rest of my Saturday. More to report later.
    Last edited by akenis; 10/04/2008 at 04:05 PM.
  9. #209  
    Just re-installed Treo Alerts...

    The billboard plugin works great...

    But TA pro doesn't seem to want to write to the carrier plugin.

    Don't want to have both.... so on a whim, I tried to run hidelogo. Wow it works!!! Dial lookup works fine, and active call works fine.

    REPEAT: Hidelogo WORKS! Unless I'm missing something.
  10.    #210  
    Quote Originally Posted by akenis View Post
    3. No issues w/ carrier plugin, On/off hang. What's the )))) looking icon between location and bluetooth?
    Not sure what you mean by this. Can you get a screen shot?
  11. ehehat's Avatar
    Posts
    343 Posts
    Global Posts
    347 Global Posts
    #211  
    Quote Originally Posted by Ebag333 View Post
    Not sure what you mean by this. Can you get a screen shot?
    I think he means the signal indicator on the gps icon. if your gps is on 911 only this will turn off. tap the icon to check if your gps is on location or 911.
    Devices used: Palm VIIx - Tungsten T - Tungsten T3 - HP ipaq 4155 - Tungsten T5 - BB 7520 - Treo 650 - Treo 700wx - Treo 755p - Q9c - BB 8130 - Treo 800w - HTC Touch Pro - BB 8330 - BB 8520 - HTC HD2 - Palm Pre
  12. #212  
    hidelogo does not work for me
  13. #213  
    Anyone try sMMS with RealVGA installed without any problems?

    I just install it and get an "unexpected error" when running it every time. Incompatible with realvga, 800w or do I have something strange happening?
  14.    #214  
    Quote Originally Posted by opacityzero View Post
    Anyone try sMMS with RealVGA installed without any problems?

    I just install it and get an "unexpected error" when running it every time. Incompatible with realvga, 800w or do I have something strange happening?
    I don't see why it would have a problem. I don't use sMMS, so I can't answer this.

    Have you tried a hard reset, installing RealVGA, then trying sMMS? I've noticed without starting from a clean slate many programs have issues with RealVGA, but a hard reset will fix it.
  15. kwyatt's Avatar
    Posts
    56 Posts
    Global Posts
    62 Global Posts
    #215  
    Quote Originally Posted by opacityzero View Post
    Anyone try sMMS with RealVGA installed without any problems?

    I just install it and get an "unexpected error" when running it every time. Incompatible with realvga, 800w or do I have something strange happening?
    works fine for me using realvga
  16. #216  
    I have been having a problem and I have tried installing after Hard reset. The problem is that when I put realvga in, it runs fine for a while but then eventually during a soft reset, after the Palm white screen, instead of showing the Windows 6.1 Splash it goes black with small pixels on the screen, now my way of counteracting this is through backups, and restores but this get annoying at times. Is there any way of fixing this so it stops happening. Thanks.
  17.    #217  
    Quote Originally Posted by joeriginal View Post
    I have been having a problem and I have tried installing after Hard reset. The problem is that when I put realvga in, it runs fine for a while but then eventually during a soft reset, after the Palm white screen, instead of showing the Windows 6.1 Splash it goes black with small pixels on the screen, now my way of counteracting this is through backups, and restores but this get annoying at times. Is there any way of fixing this so it stops happening. Thanks.
    I've gotten this without RealVGA installed.

    It has always happened after I changed something that it did not like (IE: reg key, installed a program, etc). Sometimes hard resetting and reinstalling (or changing the key) again will work, more often not.
  18. #218  
    Two issues that seems to have sprouted since I increased the DPI was that of my menu key and power key.

    The menu button works sporadically. Sometimes it works, sometimes it doesn't.

    The power key (red button) will not wake up the phone unless I toggle from Vibrate to Ringer using the switch on the top of the phone.

    Anyone think this is VGA related?

    If not, would insurance on this phone allow me to receive a new phone?
  19.    #219  
    Quote Originally Posted by mintedcoin View Post
    Two issues that seems to have sprouted since I increased the DPI was that of my menu key and power key.

    The menu button works sporadically. Sometimes it works, sometimes it doesn't.

    The power key (red button) will not wake up the phone unless I toggle from Vibrate to Ringer using the switch on the top of the phone.

    Anyone think this is VGA related?

    If not, would insurance on this phone allow me to receive a new phone?
    Not, I would think.

    Did you install RealVGA from a clean slate (hard reset)? Do you have 3rd party apps installed?
  20. #220  
    Quote Originally Posted by Ebag333 View Post
    Not, I would think.

    Did you install RealVGA from a clean slate (hard reset)? Do you have 3rd party apps installed?
    Thanks Ebag

    I installed it from a hard reset with no 3rd party apps installed.

Posting Permissions