Page 10 of 23 FirstFirst ... 5678910111213141520 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Ebag333 View Post
    Oops, sorry. I accidentally enabled the AI function. I'll turn it off next release.

I periodically (less and less it seems) have to switch back to 128 DPI. Every time I do, I feel dirty, like I've stolen something precious.
    I dropped by the Sprint store today to compare mine to a stock model...can't imagine going back....and the resident geek at Sprint was very impressed with the 96dpi....he thought he "knew everything" about the 800w...

And no more AI
    Ebag, I have 3 quick questions for you:

1st - in the last few posts I've noticed a few ppl talking about "AI." What is that?

2nd - Over the past few pages there has been talk about scroll bars. When I'm on a call the Active Call (white box) takes up almost the entire screen and floats ON TOP of all my Today plugins. However, when I press down on the 5way, it shrinks the Active Call, puts it right under the carrier bar, and pushes all my plugins down. <-- This is the ONLY time I have scroll bars b/c some of my plugins get pushed below the screen AND the scroll bars begin UNDER the Active Call. Pushing up on the 5way, restores Active Call to the huge white box.
    Is this the way my phone SHOUD be acting when in a call or am I missing something?

3rd - Does this work w/ 96dpi: http://discussion.treocentral.com/sh...d.php?t=148000

BTW: I'm not using the latest update. I am still running everything that was posted sometime back in August - meaning my speed dial plugin does not work (but speed-dial itself does work), and my keypad is all scrunched together.

Thanks for your help and hard work - I'm owned by the 96dpi!
    ..:: ADAM ::..

Clie UX40 --> Clie NZ90 --> Treo 650 --> Treo 700p --> Treo 800w --> HTC Touch Pro --> Treo 800w (again)
  3.    #183  
    Quote Originally Posted by typeadam View Post
    Ebag, I have 3 quick questions for you:

1st - in the last few posts I've noticed a few ppl talking about "AI." What is that?
    A joke.

2nd - Over the past few pages there has been talk about scroll bars. When I'm on a call the Active Call (white box) takes up almost the entire screen and floats ON TOP of all my Today plugins. However, when I press down on the 5way, it shrinks the Active Call, puts it right under the carrier bar, and pushes all my plugins down. <-- This is the ONLY time I have scroll bars b/c some of my plugins get pushed below the screen AND the scroll bars begin UNDER the Active Call. Pushing up on the 5way, restores Active Call to the huge white box.
    Is this the way my phone SHOUD be acting when in a call or am I missing something?
    Nope, that sounds about right.

3rd - Does this work w/ 96dpi: http://discussion.treocentral.com/sh...d.php?t=148000

BTW: I'm not using the latest update. I am still running everything that was posted sometime back in August - meaning my speed dial plugin does not work (but speed-dial itself does work), and my keypad is all scrunched together.

Thanks for your help and hard work - I'm owned by the 96dpi!
    I imagine it would. But why would you want to mess up your phone? Setting it away from the Palm dialpad and to the WM6 one has a lot of side effects that aren't good IMHO.

Try it and report back.

I imagine it would. But why would you want to mess up your phone? Setting it away from the Palm dialpad and to the WM6 one has a lot of side effects that aren't good IMHO.

Try it and report back.
    Only reason I'm asking about that b/c it seems to be the only way to assign your left soft key to whatever you want. Any program I used (SKTools, Wisbar, AEButton+ only ADDS a link to the left softkey, thus creating a menu that has "messaging" and "[app]" and I was told that this was the only way to change that...

I'll try it...
    Thanks!

Clie UX40 --> Clie NZ90 --> Treo 650 --> Treo 700p --> Treo 800w --> HTC Touch Pro --> Treo 800w (again)
  5.    #185  
    Only reason I'm asking about that b/c it seems to be the only way to assign your left soft key to whatever you want. Any program I used (SKTools, Wisbar, AEButton+ only ADDS a link to the left softkey, thus creating a menu that has "messaging" and "[app]" and I was told that this was the only way to change that...

I'll try it...
    Thanks!
    Adding a link will break Palm's swapping of that second link (IE: Voicemail, Notification, etc).

Don't know why you want to break stuff, but hey, whatever floats your boat.
    When receiving a call I see "California" then the phone number where "California" should be the callers name stored in my phone book.

Anyone else having this problem?
  7.    #187  
    Quote Originally Posted by MedicWill View Post
    When receiving a call I see "California" then the phone number where "California" should be the callers name stored in my phone book.

Anyone else having this problem?
    The phone number isn't in your contacts correctly.

Most likely it's something like:

Phone number: 541-734-7272

The phone will see these as two different numbers.
    Adding a link will break Palm's swapping of that second link (IE: Voicemail, Notification, etc).

Don't know why you want to break stuff, but hey, whatever floats your boat.
    Breaking things does not float my boat... My intentions were not to break anything. I guess I just phrased my question wrong, sorry...

I was just curious if it is possible for the left button to act EXACTLY as it does now but replace "Messaging" with... let's say "Contacts" <-- (that would be ideal for me) - without breaking anything...

9.    #189  
    Breaking things does not float my boat... My intentions were not to break anything. I guess I just phrased my question wrong, sorry...

I was just curious if it is possible for the left button to act EXACTLY as it does now but replace "Messaging" with... let's say "Contacts" <-- (that would be ideal for me) - without breaking anything...
    There is a reg key for that, but I can't recall off hand if changing it breaks anything or will get changed back.

But getting contacts is a two button press. Right soft key, center button. So not sure how having it as a single button would really help....
    There is a reg key for that, but I can't recall off hand if changing it breaks anything or will get changed back.

But getting contacts is a two button press. Right soft key, center button. So not sure how having it as a single button would really help....
    I guess I'm just being anal about it...

I know I can press the right soft key and the center key on the 5way.

But since I use poutlook for email and SMS, the phone already has a "mail" button so I figured I'd transform the "messaging" button into something else - "Contacts" OR "Dial Pad."

Well, thanks anyway! If you ever come across those reg. keys I'd appreciate it, but otherwise, I'm good!

Thanks!

Hey, I've found a slight problem with my installation. I followed the instructions in the first post and installed after a hard reset.

When I go into my phone settings and check the box that disables the touchscreen while on a call, my phone will crash after I place a call. A white bar will appear and then I get errors until I soft reset my phone. Anyone notice the same thing? I like to disable the touchscreen since my face seems to touch the screen all the time when I'm on a call. For now, I have unchecked the box and all is well. Any help is appreciated!

Thank you (ebag, hannip, et al) for putting in the time to make this work!!
    Last edited by Dyno; 09/21/2008 at 12:40 AM.
  12.    #192  
    Quote Originally Posted by Dyno View Post
    Hey, I've found a slight problem with my installation. I followed the instructions in the first post and installed after a hard reset.

When I go into my phone settings and check the box that disables the touchscreen while on a call, my phone will crash after I place a call. A white bar will appear and then I get errors until I soft reset my phone. Anyone notice the same thing? I like to disable the touchscreen since my face seems to touch the screen all the time when I'm on a call. For now, I have unchecked the box and all is well. Any help is appreciated!

Thank you (ebag, hannip, et al) for putting in the time to make this work!!
    There are issues with that checkbox I'm afraid. Other users haven't reported a crash, but the disable touchscreen box does not go away after you end the call.

It appears to be an incompatibility between the 700wx files I'm using and the 800w files. I doubt it'll be fixed at this point.

So either use the 800w in 128 DPI, or live with the bug.
    Wow this thread is monsterous lol. I am reviewing it post by post, so sorry if this is already addressed, but I switched to Pocket outlook SMS, and all the icons are now broken under 96dpi is there a fix for this.
  14.    #194  
    Quote Originally Posted by joeriginal View Post
    Wow this thread is monsterous lol. I am reviewing it post by post, so sorry if this is already addressed, but I switched to Pocket outlook SMS, and all the icons are now broken under 96dpi is there a fix for this.
    You will need to use a version that either uses dynamically sized icons, or has support for 96 DPI.

Or just go back to the stock messaging program.
    You will need to use a version that either uses dynamically sized icons, or has support for 96 DPI.

Or just go back to the stock messaging program.
    Damn I really like using the PowerSMS program, but it dont work with the Palm version SMS, only outlooks. oh well, sacrifices.
  16.    #196  
    In lieu of a sticky......bump!
    Hey everyone. I followed the instructions, read almost all of the posts, and I have one issue which I do not think has been mentioned yet:

At 96 dpi my contact summaries do not show up at all, I get a white screen, and the menu key does not work either.

Is this a known bug?
  18.    #198  
    Quote Originally Posted by curtisfong View Post
    Hey everyone. I followed the instructions, read almost all of the posts, and I have one issue which I do not think has been mentioned yet:

At 96 dpi my contact summaries do not show up at all, I get a white screen, and the menu key does not work either.

Is this a known bug?
    Did you start from a clean slate (hard reset)?
    Yes I did. Hard reset, install mort's, the latest cab (on the front page), DPI.mscr

I also installed ResPack96dpi.ARM.CAB

Contacts still are not working, and the phone is very slow when I'm at 96 DPI.

edit:

OK things are working now. I'm not sure why. I did another hard reset then did everything again. So far..so good. Do I need to install ResPack128dpi.ARM.CAB as well?
    Last edited by curtisfong; 09/30/2008 at 12:22 AM.
  20.    #200  
    Quote Originally Posted by curtisfong View Post
    OK things are working now. I'm not sure why. I did another hard reset then did everything again. So far..so good. Do I need to install ResPack128dpi.ARM.CAB as well?
    It should ask you to install that as part of the total install.