1.    #1  
    Is there a better alarm then SPB time? On my treo 700wx this was a must and worked great. On the 800 I have been late to work twice (thank God nobody notice it). Wish the guys at SPB come up with the upgrade version soon
    Use a program, like Memmaid, to clear notifications (Duplicate, Dangling, & Invalid), then rebuild them. This has helped and Sbp Time never missed waking me up. Also make sure when setting the alarm, to use "Snooze" in the Kind area. This will give you a Snooze option. If you set it as "Auto Snooze", then it will auto snooze at the speficied time. If it is set to "Auto Dismiss", then it will auto dismiss. The last 2 options are not good, especially if you are a heavy sleeper.

Another thing that helps is set the alarm Sound to SbpAlarm4. I usually set mine to Ascending.
  3.    #3  
    Thanks for the info, I changed the snooze option. I am using mp3 stored in the storage card. will try to saved it on the device to see what happens. But when I woke up the phone was turned off
    Global Posts
    540 Global Posts
    I've said it before and I'll say it again. I will never rely on Windows Mobile to wake me up. Use a pocket alarm clock which was designed not to fail for its sole purpose of existence. Having an alarm clock in Windows Mobile is a bit like having a 12V waffle maker in your car. Just because it's there doesn't mean there isn't a much better option.
  5.    #5  
    wish i can put mp3's on the default alarm
    The phone is never really off. Sbp Time will wake up the phone anyways.
  7.    #7  
    well it didn't turned on, i had to remove the battery to turn it back on
    Global Posts
    203 Global Posts
    On occasion my windows alarms don't go off until hours later!! I guess if they knew the reason they'd correct it?
    Quote Originally Posted by haus View Post
    I've said it before and I'll say it again. I will never rely on Windows Mobile to wake me up. Use a pocket alarm clock which was designed not to fail for its sole purpose of existence. Having an alarm clock in Windows Mobile is a bit like having a 12V waffle maker in your car. Just because it's there doesn't mean there isn't a much better option.
    The OP's using Sbp Time, not WM alarm.

But I agree, WM alarm sux.
    I use SPB Time as well, every morning, its a must have. It will wake you up.. I have one set for 5:00 and one for 5:10, never slept through it, and its loud if you use SbpAlarm4. That was one of the first things I installed when I got the 800. You can even turn the volume off for the phone so you don't have to be bothered with txt msgs or phone calls and the alarm will still sound. I just wish they would release an update for the 320 x 320 display. I've emailed them twice already.
    Remember, this is my opinion ! We all have a right to our own.....

Treo's 650-800..NOW,
    Palm Pre
    I use it also and it gets me up for work wakes me up after lunch and just does everything i need it for.
    Global Posts
    540 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by crazie.eddie View Post
    The OP's using Sbp Time, not WM alarm.

But I agree, WM alarm sux.
    SPB Time doesn't have some magical quartz crystal with its own power supply that runs on a separate chip from WM. Point being, anything that runs on the WM device is using the WM device clock, core OS, battery, hardware, and other bits of code which are prone to various levels of failure. Not the least of which is what happened to the OP - failure to remain "on". Having an alarm clock that is dependent upon you waking up beforehand to struggle with the battery cover, replace the battery, wait for the device to reboot, fall back asleep, and get woken up again by the alarm is a Microsoft Alarm Clock indeed. Sure, the OP's issue is no fault of SPB Time, which may be the most well-coded piece of software on the planet; eventually the alarm will fail for some reason. When a large metropolitan area chooses to let Windows code run its traffic light system I'll start using it as an alarm clock.
    True, the apps are dependant on the phone. If the phone doesn't work, then the apps won't work. thanks for pointing that out.
    Quote Originally Posted by superman26 View Post
    well it didn't turned on, i had to remove the battery to turn it back on
    Well the 800w doesn't exactly turn off so it sounds like your phone was locked up.
    Quote Originally Posted by Rogus View Post
    On occasion my windows alarms don't go off until hours later!! I guess if they knew the reason they'd correct it?
    I wonder why. Mine have worked flawlessly. Actually, a little too well (I like my sleep dammit).
    Quote Originally Posted by haus View Post
    When a large metropolitan area chooses to let Windows code run its traffic light system I'll start using it as an alarm clock.
    You would be surprised

Windows CE is actually used in quite a few traffic systems, ATMs and more places then you can shake a stick at. Windows CE is quite reliable and much less error prone than its larger cousins.

I hope WM 7 is based off of CE 6. WM 6 is currently based on CE 5 which isn't as good as 6