1.    #1  
    After a full 12+ hrs of charging, my battery indicator never reaches 100%. Green LED does come on indicating a full charge. Hard reset doesn't help. Swapping AC chargers makes no difference. Anyone else seen this? Any known fixes (besides returning it)?
    Global Posts
    81 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by fgkay View Post
    After a full 12+ hrs of charging, my battery indicator never reaches 100%. Green LED does come on indicating a full charge. Hard reset doesn't help. Swapping AC chargers makes no difference. Anyone else seen this? Any known fixes (besides returning it)?
    How close does it get? I've noticed that once the battery reaches 100%, if left on the charger, it begins to discharge down to about 96%, then charges back up to 100%. I think this is working as designed ... possibly to help enhance battery life. So you may just be catching it at the wrong time ...
  3.    #3  
    Quote Originally Posted by Levman View Post
    How close does it get? I've noticed that once the battery reaches 100%, if left on the charger, it begins to discharge down to about 96%, then charges back up to 100%. I think this is working as designed ... possibly to help enhance battery life. So you may just be catching it at the wrong time ...
    I've been watching it for ~ 10 days and have yet to see it above 96 or 97%. This is my 3rd 800w (the others were replaced for other issues). The other two would routinely charge to 100%.
    Global Posts
    206 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Levman View Post
    How close does it get? I've noticed that once the battery reaches 100%, if left on the charger, it begins to discharge down to about 96%, then charges back up to 100%.
    My experience has been the same.

By definition a green LED does not indicate a full charge....it indicates a charge greater than 90%. This is well documented in the User Guide.
    Global Posts
    203 Global Posts
    On my first one I didn't see 100% until I had the phone for a couple of days. Once the battery was "seasoned" I would see it regularly. Having also replaced that 800 with another for other reason, this one I saw 100% after the first charge. The replacement 800 is so much better than the first one I had, it is amazing.
    Global Posts
    253 Global Posts
    I had the same issues and posted a question in this forum but don't recall getting a response. I never got above 96% charge.
    I only get 100% when I use the USB sync cable to my computer.
    I stopped using the charger.
    I've been watching it for ~ 10 days and have yet to see it above 96 or 97%. This is my 3rd 800w (the others were replaced for other issues). The other two would routinely charge to 100%.
    Have you taken it to a Sprint store. They will probably give you a new battery. If not you may get your 4th device.

I am curious, what were the other two units replaced for?
  9.    #9  
    Quote Originally Posted by VibrantRedGT View Post
    Have you taken it to a Sprint store. They will probably give you a new battery. If not you may get your 4th device.

I am curious, what were the other two units replaced for?
    Both were replaced because of the horrible, muffled earpiece sound.
    Have you tried doing a soft reset while it's still connected to the charger? Supposedly, this will recalibrate the battery meter. Since there is no soft reset button on the 800w, you'll have to use a software program, such as psshutxp to reset your phone.