Results 1 to 13 of 13
  1.    #1  
    I am wondering if it's possible or how I can try to downgrade Microsoft Outlook to the version used in Windows Mobile 5.

    I have a unique issue with the version of outlook that comes with windows mobile 6 that doesn't seem to have a solution. I have access to a Treo 700w but I am not sure what to try as far as this is concerned. Delete, then drag and drop folders? suggestions?

    Back Story: My email provider will not work with Windows Mobile 6 due to a shared SSL cert that is considered invalid because it is shared. The web host does allow me to get my own cert but other issues not related to my phone are preventing me from doing so. WM6 will not allow you to even get email from a server like this even when SSL is not enabled for email (TERRIBLE). Flexmail and simplemail work as clients but they are horrible. I need outlook back.
  2.    #2  
    Or if someone knows how to DISABLE WM6 Outlook from doing this. Driving me crazy here. PLEASE HELP...
  3. #3  
    Quote Originally Posted by b3tt3r View Post
    I am wondering if it's possible or how I can try to downgrade Microsoft Outlook to the version used in Windows Mobile 5.

    I have a unique issue with the version of outlook that comes with windows mobile 6 that doesn't seem to have a solution. I have access to a Treo 700w but I am not sure what to try as far as this is concerned. Delete, then drag and drop folders? suggestions?

    Back Story: My email provider will not work with Windows Mobile 6 due to a shared SSL cert that is considered invalid because it is shared. The web host does allow me to get my own cert but other issues not related to my phone are preventing me from doing so. WM6 will not allow you to even get email from a server like this even when SSL is not enabled for email (TERRIBLE). Flexmail and simplemail work as clients but they are horrible. I need outlook back.
    I dont know about downgrading, but I think there must be a WM6 option (even though I dont know exactly what it is). I have a shared SSL certificate as well, and I do not have problems. There is usually a general address on your server that you can use instead of specific domain name. Using the general address has solved outlook problems for me in the past, and if you can find that address it might solve your problems.
  4. #4  
    Can you log in to your email account from your desktop using internet explorer?
    If so, when you right click anywhere on the webpage, click properties, do you see a button called certificates and if so can you click on it?
    I have spent many hours on certificate issues. Let me know about the questions above.
  5.    #5  
    >>>>Can you log in to your email account from your desktop using internet explorer?

    Yes using a webmail application my host offers. I can click it but it says "this type of document does not have any certificates".
  6.    #6  
    Here is a test POP email account.. Please anyone with intelligence in this matter see if you can get it working.

    Email: test@slwebsolutions.com
    Username: test@slwebsolutions.com
    Password: test
    Incoming/Outgoing mail servers: mail.slwebsolutions.com
    No SSL
    SMTP Authorization Required = Yes.


    Check it out.. will work from any computer but it will not work on the damn WM6!
  7. #7  
    I need to know the webmail application address to see if it OWA or what. You can pm me if you want.
  8. #8  
    can I long into this test account using the webmail application?
    My guess is they are not using an exchange outlook portal for webmail.
  9. #9  
    My previous host had SSL issues and I would occasionally get a certificate error but it always allowed me to continue. Odd you're having such an issue.
    Quote Originally Posted by jimh2000 View Post
    can I long into this test account using the webmail application?
    My guess is they are not using an exchange outlook portal for webmail.
    Quote Originally Posted by jimh2000 View Post
    I need to know the webmail application address to see if it OWA or what. You can pm me if you want.
    Um, he said this was a POP account. It has nothing to do with OWA.
  10. #10  
    Just tested that test account and it didn't work on my Treo 800w. My own pop accounts work just fine though. There has to be something screwy with the server.

    I received a warning about the certificate being invalid but it gave me an option to continue anyway, which I did, but it never went from the "Connecting" status.
  11. #11  
    Quote Originally Posted by b3tt3r View Post
    Or if someone knows how to DISABLE WM6 Outlook from doing this. Driving me crazy here. PLEASE HELP...
    Youve been killing yourself over this for at least a week now. Reverting to wm5 is not a viable option.

    Get a gmail account and have it poll your pop account. Then poll the gmail account and continue to use your SMTP settings for your primary provider.

    At least it will work.

    -Rob
    Neopoint 1000, I300, Treo 300, i330, Toshiba 2032, Treo 600, T608/UX50, I500,Treo 600, G1000, Treo 650, PPC-6600, PPC-6700, Treo 650, Blackberry 7250, Treo 700wx, Motorola Q, PPC-6800, 700wx, Motorola Q9c, Sprint Touch, Sprint ACE, 700wx, 800w, Touch Pro, 800w, Touch Diamond, 800w, Treo Pro, Palm Pre, HTC Hero, Palm Pre, EVO 4G warm2.2
  12. chong67's Avatar
    Posts
    956 Posts
    Global Posts
    983 Global Posts
    #12  
    I cant even get to my corp. Outlook webmail. When I had WM 6.0, the web screen was viewable, now with WM 6.1, I cant even see anything.

    Any help on this? See my other thread.
  13. #13  
    Quote Originally Posted by b3tt3r View Post
    Here is a test POP email account.. Please anyone with intelligence in this matter see if you can get it working.

    Email: test@slwebsolutions.com
    Username: test@slwebsolutions.com
    Password: test
    Incoming/Outgoing mail servers: mail.slwebsolutions.com
    No SSL
    SMTP Authorization Required = Yes.


    Check it out.. will work from any computer but it will not work on the damn WM6!
    Who is your web server for your domain? Eg, aplus.net, networksoltutions, etc.

Posting Permissions