Results 1 to 20 of 20
  1. JerkyChew's Avatar
    Posts
    80 Posts
    Global Posts
    85 Global Posts
       #1  
    The call quality on my 800W is horrible. People sound muffled and are damn near impossible to understand. I barely use my phone for voice (like 20 minutes a month ) so I didn't notice it at first. Last week I called my girlfriend from the work phone (A treo 700W) and then immediately called her back from my 800W and the difference was mind-boggling. My gf works for sprint and she says that the other 800W she's tried sounds the same, but maybe they got 2 bad ones in a row? Can somebody confirm whether it's really this bad or if I just ended up with a lemon and need to go to the Sprint repair shop?
  2. chong67's Avatar
    Posts
    956 Posts
    Global Posts
    983 Global Posts
    #2  
    Do you mean the loudness or the quality of the audio?

    It is not as sound as the Mogul.

    My 70+ dad can hear me.
  3. #3  
    I know some are having some issues, but mine has been fine since I got it. Speaker phone has been good as well.
    Remember, this is my opinion ! We all have a right to our own.....

    Treo's 650-800..NOW,
    Palm Pre
  4. JerkyChew's Avatar
    Posts
    80 Posts
    Global Posts
    85 Global Posts
       #4  
    Quality. It's very muffled and very hard to understand what the caller is saying.
  5. #5  
    Quote Originally Posted by JerkyChew View Post
    Quality. It's very muffled and very hard to understand what the caller is saying.
    Call quality has been fine for me on both of the 800s I've owned thus far. The only audio quality problems I've had are the low audio on the BT and the fact that the BT resets itself to min. volume.
    Grant Smith
    A+, Net+, MCPx2, BSIT/VC, MIS

    eNVENT Technologies
    Use your imagination.
    --
    Sprint HTC Evo 4G

    DISCLAIMER: The views, conclusions, findings and opinions of this author are those of this author and do not necessarily reflect the views of eNVENT Technologies.
  6. #6  
    Quote Originally Posted by gksmithlcw View Post
    The only audio quality problems I've had are the low audio on the BT and the fact that the BT resets itself to min. volume.
    I'll agree with that as well, that has been annoying, but lol, I'm getting use to it. Sometimes it doesn't reset, I'm trying to see when it doesn't.
    Remember, this is my opinion ! We all have a right to our own.....

    Treo's 650-800..NOW,
    Palm Pre
  7. #7  
    Understand everyone hears things differently. The earpeice quality does sound worse than any phone I have used (about 20 total) but it is useable and you do get use to it.

    Hopefully they will make a software update for this...
  8. insol's Avatar
    Posts
    268 Posts
    Global Posts
    269 Global Posts
    #8  
    Quote Originally Posted by gksmithlcw View Post
    Call quality has been fine for me on both of the 800s I've owned thus far. The only audio quality problems I've had are the low audio on the BT and the fact that the BT resets itself to min. volume.
    BTW it seems the soundvol service is what resets the BT volume. Try stopping this service and your volume wont reset... only problem is that with the soundvol service stopped the HW volume buttons don't work either.
    Last edited by insol; 08/18/2008 at 11:36 PM.
  9. #9  
    Quote Originally Posted by insol View Post
    BTW it seems the soundvol service is what resets the BT volume. Try stopping this service and your volume wont reset... only problem is that with the soundvol service stopped the HW volume buttons don't work either.
    So it /is/ a Palm bug, then... Have you forwarded this info to Palm? I'd really like to see a patch for this...

    Also, what are you using to view and stop services on WinMo?
    Grant Smith
    A+, Net+, MCPx2, BSIT/VC, MIS

    eNVENT Technologies
    Use your imagination.
    --
    Sprint HTC Evo 4G

    DISCLAIMER: The views, conclusions, findings and opinions of this author are those of this author and do not necessarily reflect the views of eNVENT Technologies.
  10. #10  
    memmaid will show the services.
    My Avatar = This guy walks 12 miles a day just to charge his cell phone. Link Here
    If you want to buy me lunch... click here
    PDA's I've owned/used in order... nextel i930, BB 7100i, PPC-6700 (apache), treo 700p, PPC-6700, treo 700wx, PPC-6800 (mogul), PPC-6900 (touch), treo 755p, PPC-6900 (touch), BB 8130 (Pearl),PPC-6800 (mogul), BB 8330 (Curve) Diamond, treo 800w, Touch Pro, BB 8330 (Curve), Treo 800w, Treo Pro
  11. #11  
    Quote Originally Posted by codyppc View Post
    memmaid will show the services.
    Thanks, Cody.
    Grant Smith
    A+, Net+, MCPx2, BSIT/VC, MIS

    eNVENT Technologies
    Use your imagination.
    --
    Sprint HTC Evo 4G

    DISCLAIMER: The views, conclusions, findings and opinions of this author are those of this author and do not necessarily reflect the views of eNVENT Technologies.
  12. #12  
    Quote Originally Posted by JerkyChew View Post
    The call quality on my 800W is horrible. People sound muffled and are damn near impossible to understand. I barely use my phone for voice (like 20 minutes a month ) so I didn't notice it at first. Last week I called my girlfriend from the work phone (A treo 700W) and then immediately called her back from my 800W and the difference was mind-boggling. My gf works for sprint and she says that the other 800W she's tried sounds the same, but maybe they got 2 bad ones in a row? Can somebody confirm whether it's really this bad or if I just ended up with a lemon and need to go to the Sprint repair shop?
    They're all like that. Very muffled and just all-around terrible. The outgoing sound isn't great either, but it's much better than the incoming.
  13. insol's Avatar
    Posts
    268 Posts
    Global Posts
    269 Global Posts
    #13  
    Quote Originally Posted by gksmithlcw View Post
    So it /is/ a Palm bug, then... Have you forwarded this info to Palm? I'd really like to see a patch for this...

    Also, what are you using to view and stop services on WinMo?
    I have not... largely because life has been getting in the way of my tinkering. In anycase, should someone want to test. Download this free task manager (it is GREAT)
    http://www.dotfred.net/TaskMgr.htm

    using this you can stop a service. Here's what I did...

    CONTROL TEST: connected to my bluetooth and made a call to voicemail (headset volume reset to lowest setting)

    TREATMENT TEST:stopped the soundvol service. connected to my bluetooth and made a call to voicemail (headset volume stayed at the level it was set)
  14. #14  
    I agree, the earpiece on this phone sounds very, very muffled. You know, I'm about one step away from stopping pretending like I'm not disappointed in this phone. This sum***** won't turn on this morning, but I'll take it to another forum.
  15. #15  
    I agree, it sounds like the person you're speaking to is mumbling.
  16. #16  
    Same here. Sound quality is horrible and EVERYONE sound muffled. Why cant Palm put out a device that doesnt have issues.

    I wonder if this is software related or hardware related.

    Anyone have any thoughts on it?
    Palm Pilot Pro...Palm III...Palm V...Handspring Treo 180...Handspring Treo 300...Palm Treo 600...Palm Treo 650...Palm Treo 700p...Bye Bye palm , Hello wm5....Palm Treo 700wx...... 800w.
  17. #17  
    My call quality even on the Treo 800w I had to send back for the replacement I have now sounded good.

    The only time I ever had issues with call quality, is when WiFi was running while using a BT headset.

    You folks complaining about call quality should be talking to Sprint Customer Support and possibly getting replacements.
  18. #18  
    Agreed. Sound quality is terrible but not bad enough for me to do anything about it. Using bluetooth earpiece most of the time.
  19. #19  
    Yirk - Have you tried with WiFi turned off?
  20. #20  
    Quote Originally Posted by aacnyc View Post
    Same here. Sound quality is horrible and EVERYONE sound muffled. Why cant Palm put out a device that doesnt have issues.

    I wonder if this is software related or hardware related.

    Anyone have any thoughts on it?
    Join the club. Probably just second-rate components since the 800w seems to have been made by the B Team at Palm.

Posting Permissions