Results 1 to 16 of 16
  1.    #1  
    Lot of time went into this one by wisen (<-- link to DL), so give him some thanks (I had asked him for a square-aware version )

    To use the weather, you'll need PhoneAlarm Pro. The LEDs still don't work (grrr) but the audio is loud and clear now from my experience.




    Last edited by Malatesta; 08/18/2008 at 05:46 PM.

    WMExperts: News, Reviews & Podcasts + Twitter
  2. nlowhor's Avatar
    Posts
    440 Posts
    Global Posts
    501 Global Posts
    #2  
    Excellent! Thanks for posting this. I'm still floating between using phonealarm or treo alerts. Having a good phonealarm skin makes that option more viable.

    On a related note, I had made some edits quite awhile ago to a phonealarm skin you had made called Mal-Simple. I was wondering if you have the original graphics used in that skin, perhaps in a vector format in case I wanted to make some edits to make it work better on the 800w?
  3.    #3  
    hehe, I still like your mod of that skin too.

    here is the original
    http://www.pocketmax.net/smf/index.php?topic=4934.0

    I did make one version for the 800w already, but would love to see yours if you decided to modify ;-)


    WMExperts: News, Reviews & Podcasts + Twitter
  4. #4  
    Quote Originally Posted by Malatesta View Post
    Lot of time went into this one by wisen (<-- link to DL), so give him some thanks (I had asked him for a square-aware version )

    To use the weather, you'll need PhoneAlarm Pro. The LEDs still don't work (grrr) but the audio is loud and clear now from my experience.




    Speaking of PhoneAlarm...does anyone else have a problem with the alerts causing the phone to vibrate even though the vibrate option is not selected?
  5. #5  
    Thank you!!!!! I've been waiting for some new 320x320 PA skins for my 800w!

    EDIT: I really do appreciate the time and effort that people have put into creating pA skins or the 800w, but for now I think I'm gonna hold off on using the iWise skin, and go back to using the HTC Home plugin that currently works with the 800w. I'm looking for a simpler pA skin that doesn't take up too much space on the screen. Something more to the effect of:









    I'd really like it if there was a skin like the last one I posted, that was also compatible ith a 320x320 display. I like the thin skins that don't take up too much space.
    Last edited by MidwestDrummer; 08/19/2008 at 04:36 PM.
  6.    #6  

    WMExperts: News, Reviews & Podcasts + Twitter
  7. #7  
    Quote Originally Posted by Malatesta View Post
    Thanks Mal! I like this one a lot! I do hope that there's more thin pA skins developed for the 800w in the future too!
  8. #8  
    Quote Originally Posted by MidwestDrummer View Post
    Thanks Mal! I like this one a lot! I do hope that there's more thin pA skins developed for the 800w in the future too!
    does all the buttons and functions work on the 800w, with this skin?
  9. #9  
    what about with the scroll bar? it does not show the whole skin
  10. #10  
    Quote Originally Posted by ericizzy1 View Post
    does all the buttons and functions work on the 800w, with this skin?
    The only button that doesn't seem to function, is the one with the bluetooth headphones logo.

    Quote Originally Posted by superman26 View Post
    what about with the scroll bar? it does not show the whole skin
    Well, a lot of things on the today screen would be blocked by the scroll bar. That's the beauty of arranging things on the today screen so that fit perfectly.
  11. #11  
    Here's a screen shot of my Today screen, including phoneAlarm with the skin Mal mentioned in post #6:



    I like this one, but I sure hope there are some other thin pA skins that are developed with the 800w's resolution.
  12. nlowhor's Avatar
    Posts
    440 Posts
    Global Posts
    501 Global Posts
    #12  
    Quote Originally Posted by Malatesta View Post
    hehe, I still like your mod of that skin too.

    here is the original
    http://www.pocketmax.net/smf/index.php?topic=4934.0

    I did make one version for the 800w already, but would love to see yours if you decided to modify ;-)

    Thanks! I'll be sure to post it if I throw something together. I tried a few weeks ago to resize the images but they start to get a bit blurry. Do you have anything other than the png files? Something more original that might resize better? Perhaps I just made them bigger than necessary, but thumb-friendly is nice and that requires quite a few pixels on this new 320x320 screen.
  13.    #13  
    Quote Originally Posted by nlowhor View Post
    TDo you have anything other than the png files? Something more original that might resize better? Perhaps I just made them bigger than necessary, but thumb-friendly is nice and that requires quite a few pixels on this new 320x320 screen.
    nope. the .png format is what gives them the "transparency" effect

    I found the default size is pretty good for thumb size, they just need to be organized to fit across the screen .

    WMExperts: News, Reviews & Podcasts + Twitter
  14. nlowhor's Avatar
    Posts
    440 Posts
    Global Posts
    501 Global Posts
    #14  
    Quote Originally Posted by Malatesta View Post
    nope. the .png format is what gives them the "transparency" effect

    I found the default size is pretty good for thumb size, they just need to be organized to fit across the screen .
    Alrighty, thanks...just thought I'd check. I thought you might have an original in another format that you converted to png.
  15. #15  
    forgive my ignorance...

    so i downloaded the square cab file and installed it into the 800w. What to do next in order to get this running on the 800w?

    I thought it would automatically change the layout of the 800w.
  16. nlowhor's Avatar
    Posts
    440 Posts
    Global Posts
    501 Global Posts
    #16  
    Quote Originally Posted by donaldinc View Post
    forgive my ignorance...

    so i downloaded the square cab file and installed it into the 800w. What to do next in order to get this running on the 800w?

    I thought it would automatically change the layout of the 800w.
    You'll need to get phonealarm from http://www.pocketmax.net/

    This is a skin for the phonealarm Today screen plugin. The cab should install the skin into /Program Files/Phonealarm

Posting Permissions