Global Posts
    181 Global Posts
    Well, this 800w device continues to surprise me.... Just when you think you have everything down, all of a sudden something strange happens that leaves you scratching your head. Here's the latest....

After turning on my phone's screen this morning, I now see a strange speaker icon in the upper task bar. I've never seen this before and was curious, so I clicked it and it seemed to pull up volume for the device and phone. After a soft reset, it of course went away and I can't find how to display it again.

Why did this show up? Is there a setting that enables/disables this? Also, is this how I can set a default volume setting for my phone?

I've been having a strange volume issue with a BlueParrot B250 (reviewed earlier) that VXI (the manufacturer) claims is a problem with the standard volume setting on the phone. Is this how to set this?

I'm a Palm > WinMob convert so go easy....
    What you saw was the standard windows mobile volume icon. Palm overwrites this with their battery icon because they figure that the vibrate switch on the top of the phone is enough for most users.

Also, due to that top switch- the standard volume icon that you saw does not work 100% all of the time. Flipping the top switch to vibrate- will turn the phone to vibrate but the icon wont change. I guess the best way to describe it is that both the switch and the volume icon work but they dont talk to each other. Some have reported volume issues when using the speaker icon.

There is a registry change that will disable to palm battery icon from loading on bootup which will show the speaker icon.

Why you saw this icon must have been a fluke.
    Neopoint 1000, I300, Treo 300, i330, Toshiba 2032, Treo 600, T608/UX50, I500,Treo 600, G1000, Treo 650, PPC-6600, PPC-6700, Treo 650, Blackberry 7250, Treo 700wx, Motorola Q, PPC-6800, 700wx, Motorola Q9c, Sprint Touch, Sprint ACE, 700wx, 800w, Touch Pro, 800w, Touch Diamond, 800w, Treo Pro, Palm Pre, HTC Hero, Palm Pre, EVO 4G warm2.2
    Funny, must be something to do with today because the exact same thing happened to me !
    Quote Originally Posted by robber View Post
    There is a registry change that will disable to palm battery icon from loading on bootup which will show the speaker icon.
    Do you know what this is? I would like to enable it in the future.