1.    #1  
    Treonauts has posted new pictures and spec for the Treo Pro. I'm impressed.

Take a look at: http://blog.treonauts.com/
    Looks nice.
    iPhone 4S
    Former Treo & Storm Owner
    Cigar Lover
    Thanks for the pix I hadnt seen some of those yet. All this hopefully bodes VERY well for the Nova OS phone.

Mini USB, 3.5mm Jack, Reset button. etc etc. Flush screen...
    ONE can be spelled as NEO.
    There is no spoon.
    Booya! Looks sweeet!
    I really like seeing it sized up to the centro.
    Just call me Berd.
    So the move to a 3.5 mm jack from the 2.5 mm jack will force us to use a bluetooth headset for phone calls? If not, do we know which version of the 3.5 mm jack mutations it will use?
    Quote Originally Posted by cavingjan View Post
    So the move to a 3.5 mm jack from the 2.5 mm jack will force us to use a bluetooth headset for phone calls? If not, do we know which version of the 3.5 mm jack mutations it will use?

I believe "they" (the powers that be) make several stereo headsets with mics that would plug right into the 3.5 mm jack on this unit.
    ONE can be spelled as NEO.
    There is no spoon.
    Quote Originally Posted by zelgo View Post
    It's ironic that it has Wifi--there were several people on TC spewing that wifi is unnecessary and that everything is just peachy as it is.

I bet those who said that any Palm phone doesn't need wifi will be the first to run and get this new version with wifi.
    People will be glad to have more than they need by nature, lol.

Honestly though, on the 800w? I rarely use the Wifi. I mean very rarely. Fact is RevA 3g is nearly as fast and certainly more ubiquitous than Wifi (the device is now the bottleneck).

But I think it's cool my device can do Wifi if I really need it in a pinch. GSM users will need Wifi more than CDMA users where RevA is around.

WMExperts: News, Reviews & Podcasts + Twitter
    wifi is amazingly fast if the connection is good. there is a demo i think on mobilitytoday.com of the touch pro with wifi and it looks very fast. i just find it odd that the new treo is called treo pro, is palm trying to steal some of the thunder from the touch pro---?
    Naveen

Current:Cingular 8525 w/Faria R32

Next Phone:
    Something from HTC because Palm sucks, so I want a Touch Pro, Touch HD, or a Treo Pro.
    I consistently get about 850 kb/s on EVDO, and 1.2 Mb/s on Wi-Fi. Even though it's a bit faster, due to the fact that I can get EVDO anywhere, I never use Wi-Fi.
    Everything's Amazing and Nobody's Happy

Treo600 --> Treo650-->PPC6700-->Treo700P-->Treo755P-->Treo800W --> Touch Pro-->Palm Pre --> EVO 4G
    Quote Originally Posted by zelgo View Post
    Funny, I find EVDO and 3G much slower than wifi--sometimes with 3G and EVDO mimicking dial-up speeds.

Ask the folks with an iPhone how happy they are with 3G--all I hear are compliants about it being so much slower than the claimed "lightning" speeds.

EVDO and 3G are the phone companies' answer to wifi. They, in trying to block cities from offering wifi for free, the companies claimed that their products would be faster and more reliable. Believing them, cities backed off from the wifi installation. Sadly, the phone companies came up with products inferior to wifi.
    Let's not start this WiFi is better than EVDO rigmarole all over again. Both have their pros and cons.

In a mobile device i would prefer 3g because i don't have wifi routers strapped to my waist following me wherever i go. Even on my college campus that has wifi covering every acre, it's not reliable, drops off frequently, too many filters, logs you out after a few minutes of "inactivity" and so on. The cafeteria is a notorious dead spot no matter what and at such times when everyone is fumbling with network settings and stabbing their lappies, my 700Wx is my lifeline via bluetooth. Ever been on an hour long (or more) bus ride with nothing but a 12" PowerBook (or a Nokia N800) and a Treo and Sprint 3g? I have, and it's great.

It's good to have both no doubt, the more choices the merrier. Not everyone wants to pay for 3g when they might be where wifi suits them better (office/school/hotspot), that's cool. My needs calls for connectivity when and where i feel like (on the train/bus/toilet/waiting for the crappy Q6 bus/and so forth), not just at hotspots.

As for your remark regarding iPhone's crappy 3g performance, apparently it's due to the 3g chipset (made by Infineon) and they are working on a software fix for it.
    .....Life is But Such Sweet Sorrow.....
    Global Posts
    32 Global Posts
    Great looking device!! BUT
    It looks like it has a glossy back cover - that soft touch paint (ala 750) would have been nice for the back of the device.
    Quote Originally Posted by Merovingian View Post
    Let's not start this WiFi is better than EVDO rigmarole all over again. Both have their pros and cons.

In a mobile device i would prefer 3g because i don't have wifi routers strapped to my waist following me wherever i go. Even on my college campus that has wifi covering every acre, it's not reliable, drops off frequently, too many filters, logs you out after a few minutes of "inactivity" and so on. The cafeteria is a notorious dead spot no matter what and at such times when everyone is fumbling with network settings and stabbing their lappies, my 700Wx is my lifeline via bluetooth. Ever been on an hour long (or more) bus ride with nothing but a 12" PowerBook (or a Nokia N800) and a Treo and Sprint 3g? I have, and it's great.

It's good to have both no doubt, the more choices the merrier. Not everyone wants to pay for 3g when they might be where wifi suits them better (office/school/hotspot), that's cool. My needs calls for connectivity when and where i feel like (on the train/bus/toilet/waiting for the crappy Q6 bus/and so forth), not just at hotspots.

As for your remark regarding iPhone's crappy 3g performance, apparently it's due to the 3g chipset (made by Infineon) and they are working on a software fix for it.
    i dont want to argue which one is better 3g or wifi, i think it is great to have both features.
    Naveen

Next Phone:
    Something from HTC because Palm sucks, so I want a Touch Pro, Touch HD, or a Treo Pro.
    Quote Originally Posted by berdinkerdickle View Post
    I really like seeing it sized up to the centro.
    I just might be back myself. I was split between the iPhone and the possibility of the Blackjack 3, and now there is a third party being the 850 Pro. Yes, I am an iPhone luva(don't shoot)...its the screen, and yes I am into looks along with functionality if both in one device is posssible.
    at&t iPhone3G
    Very nice and sleek looking, yea! I am looking forward to replacing my iPhone 3G with a solid Treo as soon as it comes out.
    Treo Pro | Blackberry Bold OS 4.6.0.167 | Slingbox PRO-HD | Plantronics 665 Bluetooth

Internet Sharing tethering app --> Awesome

Quote Originally Posted by CrunchDude View Post
    Very nice and sleek looking, yea! I am looking forward to replacing my iPhone 3G with a solid Treo as soon as it comes out.
    what reasons?
    Naveen

Next Phone:
    Global Posts
    277 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Thunder God View Post
    i dont want to argue which one is better 3g or wifi, i think it is great to have both features.
    I agree that it's good to have both. I also think that business users might have a need for wifi more than the prosumer since a business user might need to logon to a particular network to transfer files or access a protected network app or web site.
    My 2, it's all I can spare
    Treo 270 Treo 600 Treo 700P *** Unmentionable *** Pre {rooted}