Global Posts
    983 Global Posts
    My generic charger is rated 5.5 v and 1 AMP, which is the same as the Treo charger.

Right now it is charging 1-2% per hour.

Why is it charging so slow?

This same generic charger charges fine on the Mogul.
    Maybe? Obviously if yours is having trouble I would think that sort of answers the question, lol.

All of these should work
    . I'm using the SME Travel charger and it works just fine.

WMExperts: News, Reviews & Podcasts + Twitter
    I am using one from mt Motorola h700 headset it is rated at 5.5 volts @ .5 amps. It charges just fine. Faster then USB and slower than the OEM charger.
    Quote Originally Posted by Painter_ View Post
    I am using one from mt Motorola h700 headset it is rated at 5.5 volts @ .5 amps. It charges just fine. Faster then USB and slower than the OEM charger.
    My headset charger (Plantronics) seems to have the same effect.
    If the 800w believes it has a potential data connection it will trickle charge.
    Global Posts
    983 Global Posts
    The reason I ask is because I had a Motorola phone and it will not accept any generic charger.

I will bring in my Palm orginal charger tomorrow and see.
    I bought a generic wall charger and it seems to charge as fast as the OEM one, the only problem is that if it's connected for more than 15 minutes, when I unplug it, the LED on the phone doesn't go out unless I plug in something else to the USB port, such as the headset, sync cable or the OEM charger. Doesn't seem to cause any other issues.
    Quote Originally Posted by chong67 View Post
    The reason I ask is because I had a Motorola phone and it will not accept any generic charger.

I will bring in my Palm orginal charger tomorrow and see.
    Yeah, I think that's the same case here.

For those who don't know, it's quite funny actually: On the Sprint Q9c if you plug in a non-Moto adapter (any, even for sync USB) it will actually put up a warning screen telling you that this is not a Moto adapter and it won't work--they actually have to be from Moto AFAIKAFAIKAFAIK.

The original Q did work with generic adapters until about 2 ROM updates later when they disabled that ability (talk about a shock...)

The reason for this I believe is what Aero described somewhere else: microUSB while in theory is standardized, in reality it's not--so this is one way companies force their customers to use cables that comply with their specifications, probably with the intent of reducing unintentional damage ergo repair/returns.

WMExperts: News, Reviews & Podcasts + Twitter
    Quote Originally Posted by NicksGarage View Post
    the LED on the phone doesn't go out unless I plug in something else to the USB port, such as the headset, sync cable or the OEM charger.
    All the charges I've used does this with the Treo 800w. Just turn off the screen and turn it back on again and the LED will go out.
    Quote Originally Posted by NicksGarage View Post
    I bought a generic wall charger and it seems to charge as fast as the OEM one, the only problem is that if it's connected for more than 15 minutes, when I unplug it, the LED on the phone doesn't go out unless I plug in something else to the USB port, such as the headset, sync cable or the OEM charger. Doesn't seem to cause any other issues.
    I just bought a motorola car charger from compusa today and it does the same thing with the LED. I don't think the LED went off though when I cycled the screen. I had to plug in/unplug my usb sync cable that came with my 800w to get it to go off. Hm.

-Dave
    Global Posts
    206 Global Posts
    I get the same result using the AC charger included with the Jabra BT8040. The Jabra USB charging cable functions correctly.
    Global Posts
    983 Global Posts
    OK, I have narrow down the problem.

I forgot to add to my first post that I am using a AC charger with a USB INTERFACE. It is rated 5.5 V and 1 AMP.

I hook it up using a USB to MicroUSB interface.

It charge like 1% to 2% per hour!

This same charger charges fine on the Mogul.

Anyone seen this or have the same problem as me?
    Sounds like your mini to micro USB converter screws up power distribution to the phone. Pick up a cheap, dedicated charger instead. I grabbed a Moto one from Amazon for $4 that works great.
    Quote Originally Posted by Kasracer View Post
    All the charges I've used does this with the Treo 800w. Just turn off the screen and turn it back on again and the LED will go out.
    Thanks, that worked.