1.    #1  
    Hi there - - a little knew to smartphone arena and blogs. Here's my question:

I'd like to buy an unlocked treo 800 and use on t-mobile - - would I be able to do that? Would I better off doing so on another carrier?

And where is the safest, most reliable place to acquire an unlocked treo 800
    you should be able to use an unlocked treo on tmobile just fine
    What can I say? A girl's gotta do what a girl's gotta do!
    Nokia 3360 -> Sony Ericsson t226 -> Sony Ericsson z500 -> Treo 600 -> Treo 680 -> AT&T Centro
  3.    #3  
    Well thank you for that, Babydol!
    uhhhhh i thought tmobile was a GSM network while sprint is a CDMA network
    700WX -> 800W -> Touch Diamond -> Pre?
    Quote Originally Posted by treo800want View Post
    Hi there - - a little knew to smartphone arena and blogs. Here's my question:

I'd like to buy an unlocked treo 800 and use on t-mobile - - would I be able to do that? Would I better off doing so on another carrier?

And where is the safest, most reliable place to acquire an unlocked treo 800
    Actually, you can't use an 800w on T-Mobile. An unlocked 850/Treo Pro will work fine.

The 800w is a CDMA phone, T-Mobile is a GSM provider. Two different wireless standards, and you can't cross one with the other.

Unfortunately if you want an 800 you have to go to Sprint, but if you're willing to patiently wait for a few months an unlocked 850 should be available.

Sorry to be the bearer of bad news.
  6.    #6  
    Well, I can be patient...for the 850, at least.

I don't mind going to Sprint outright, just my wife needs convincing.

I could opt to use a 750 or a centro on AT&T - - what do you think?

Any input would be appreciated!
    Global Posts
    983 Global Posts
    Go with Sprint. ATT charge too much.