1.    #1  
    I've been having a long battle with Qorefunctions support regarding trying to make PushEffect to work on the 800w. They suggested downloading the new version on their website. It still says version 1.0, but the activation is different.

The new version allows activation using the Device Owner Name as the key. This allows easy transfer from one device to another as long as the Device Owner Name is the same. They also probably did this, because there was a hack available, the generates an activation code.

Anyways, back to the original topic. Qorefunctions also suggested a hard reset. None of their suggestions worked. I even switched to WM6.1 SMS, using Hannips hack, which still didn't work.

After receiving my new 800w, I decided to use WM6.e SMS again. I noticed the forwarded text were coming from 6245. So I decided to install PE again and try something different. Under "Activate whe SMS sender area contains", I entered 6245 and in the field, "and SMS body area contains", I entered @. I sent a few test emails and received them in POutlook. I have 2 emails setup, as of now, and all test emails were received in the correct accounts.

I may experiment with entering the full email address of the account, instead of just @. If someone is using Palm's SMS and uses PE, feel free to try it and let me know if the same config works as well. I will eventually try it.
    GTK, will try later

WMExperts: News, Reviews & Podcasts + Twitter
    Global Posts
    62 Global Posts
    Thanks so much for this... Confirmed working using PalmSMS.
  4.    #4  
    Quote Originally Posted by kwyatt View Post
    Thanks so much for this... Confirmed working using PalmSMS.
    Sweet. Time to perform another hard reset. I used the reg to enable the "Dial Lookup" as a Today item, so I can hide it, but ever since then, my phone has been acting goofy. Plus I paired my BT3030 and calls sound horrible (Language), unlike before.
    Last edited by berdinkerdickle; 02/07/2009 at 03:34 PM. Reason: Language
  5.    #5  
    I reverted back using Palm's SMS and it works with it as well.

WOOHOOO!!!!

Now if I can only get Sling Box and PocketMax or Hannips Keylight program, then I'm gold!!!
  6.    #6  
    Here's how I configured it...

I unchecked "Auto Send", because WM 6.1 POutlook already has an option to auto send.

The above config works for both Palm SMS and WM6.1 SMS.
  7. NRG
    Global Posts
    3,670 Global Posts
    Works like a champ for me.
    Quote Originally Posted by crazie.eddie View Post
    Here's how I configured it...

I unchecked "Auto Send", because WM 6.1 POutlook already has an option to auto send.

The above config works for both Palm SMS and WM6.1 SMS.

Post of the day?

Thanks... people like you make a forum....
    01000010 01100001 01101110 00100000 01010100 01101000 01110010 01100101 01100001 01100100 00100000 01000011 01110010 01100001 01110000 01110000 01100101 01110010 01110011 00100001
    Global Posts
    62 Global Posts
    To anyone having issues with this.
    1. Download and install Mortscript.
    2. Download and install the PalmSMSToggle app.
    3. Toggle to wm6 threaded sms
    4. Toggle back to PalmSMS
    5. Make sure Pusheffect is setup as listed in post #1.
    6. Enjoy

P.S. - I had been wondering why this stopped working for me. Then I remembered that orignally i had gotten it to work in wm6.1 sms and then switched back to Palm SMS. There must be some setting that sticks after switching back to PalmSMS that makes it work.

Try it out and lemme know your results.
    How does this compare to mail2web or emoze or seven? I know little about email services but have used emoze and seven and like what they offer.
    Awesome, I'm using Sprintmail (by Seven) and while I like the SMS trigger, I don't like how it keeps a data session active for one hour after pulling the mail.
    Update: I tried out Pusheffect, seems to work ok, but I'm still not happy. A couple things I noticed:

1. Phone does not alert you to new emails, its there, but no beep or popup. It appears the app does what a "Send/Recieve" button push would do, thus not notifying you.

2. Sprint doesn't exactly send emails to sms as priority, sometimes they get there fast, other times it takes several minutes.

3. The palm messaging app comes up in the background, it doesn't show any new messages, but it still comes up on my task list.
  13.    #13  
    Quote Originally Posted by yakky View Post
    1. Phone does not alert you to new emails, its there, but no beep or popup. It appears the app does what a "Send/Recieve" button push would do, thus not notifying you.
    Mine does. I have it Vibrate along with a sound file (Aol's You've got mail). Did you set it up in Sounds & Notifications on the phone.
    2. Sprint doesn't exactly send emails to sms as priority, sometimes they get there fast, other times it takes several minutes.
    Yep, so whatever app that uses SMS forwarding will do the same.

3. The palm messaging app comes up in the background, it doesn't show any new messages, but it still comes up on my task list.
    Mine does as well. Maybe a soft reset, or worse, hard reset and then reinstall.
    Mine does. I have it Vibrate along with a sound file (Aol's You've got mail). Did you set it up in Sounds & Notifications on the phone.

Yep, so whatever app that uses SMS forwarding will do the same.

Mine does as well. Maybe a soft reset, or worse, hard reset and then reinstall.
    I did have it setup in S&N. Do you get a popup notification too? I think maybe I don't get a notification if the email app is in the foreground.
  15.    #15  
    That could be it Maybe WM doesn't handle notifications with POutlook runnin in the background. I haven't experience it, because I usually shut any/all unnecessary apps running, thanks to Small Menu. Small Menu allows me to access my apps via cascading menu, PLUS it also allows me to easily see/close any open apps.
    That could be it Maybe WM doesn't handle notifications with POutlook runnin in the background. I haven't experience it, because I usually shut any/all unnecessary apps running, thanks to Small Menu. Small Menu allows me to access my apps via cascading menu, PLUS it also allows me to easily see/close any open apps.
    I confirmed, I do not get an email notification if outlook is in the foreground. If it is closed or in the background I do. Makes sense I guess. I like Small Menu, but for task management, WKTask is my fav, it gives you a full windows like taskbar. I'm going to test out Pusheffect for a week or so. Like I mentioned before, I wasn't thrilled with Seven/SprintMail and having access to procmail on my mailserver means I can send triggers when I want.
    Is there no hack that would allow for notifications while POutlook is open? I'd really like to know when I have mail even if the program is running for some reason..Sometimes I respond and put the phone down, and I'd like to know when I get replies.........
    Bek
    SprintPCS Centro
    I think you can get a reminder tone with treo alerts for unread email.