1.    #1  
    Trying to move on from Palm to WM. One thing I really miss is the Datebk I saw Agenda and Informant, but not isure f any POS ppl here can give some suggest or point me to good review that are relative to Datebk vs ??

thanks

--add: one thing I miss is the Todo list with alert right on the calender.
    Last edited by justdoit2; 08/18/2008 at 10:35 AM. Reason: added
    Visor -> Treo 300 -> Sprint Treo 700p -> Treo 800w
    CESD, the developer of Datebook has not stated his plans on supporting anything, though an announcement is pending and bunches are waiting for the announcement. I recently gave Agendus a look and came away over-whelmed. It does "too much," so I am sticking with the standard management application.
  3.    #3  
    thank you for the reply bclinger.

what do you mean by "too much". does it do it well... or over kill and makes the phone slow? or does it take 100MB of memory?

I'll probably try out a few of those, but I am just sooo use to datebook.

Quote Originally Posted by bclinger View Post
    CESD, the developer of Datebook has not stated his plans on supporting anything, though an announcement is pending and bunches are waiting for the announcement. I recently gave Agendus a look and came away over-whelmed. It does "too much," so I am sticking with the standard management application.
    The application is what I would call over kill - it does too much. I want something simple like DB6 - this is just way too much.
    I was in the same boat. Biggest thing I really needed is the week view that Datebk has. I am trying out Agenda One and so far I like it. It has a week view very similar to Datebk and lots of customizing available.
  6.    #6  
    thx Bclinger and dougef,

I try the agenda fusion and realize its power. BUT it's too small on Treo 800W screen...maybe a mogul will work better?

I will give agenda one a try. It looks more compact. btw, I am trying to do the Getting Thing Done (GTD) that is why I need some of those tasks + calender a quick "review" of day, week and month will be very useful.

thank you all! Enjoy your treo

Quote Originally Posted by dougef View Post
    I was in the same boat. Biggest thing I really needed is the week view that Datebk has. I am trying out Agenda One and so far I like it. It has a week view very similar to Datebk and lots of customizing available.
    Global Posts
    1,727 Global Posts
    I just switched to WM on a Moto Q Global and bought AgendaOne and Papyrus (don't ask me why, I'm crazy).

Anyhow, I'm liking AgendaOne but Papyrus just released a point release yesterday, and it uses a small amount of memory when viewed in Task Manager. I also got it for $16, so it was cheap.
    Quote Originally Posted by braj View Post
    I just switched to WM on a Moto Q Global and bought AgendaOne and Papyrus (don't ask me why, I'm crazy).

Anyhow, I'm liking AgendaOne but Papyrus just released a point release yesterday, and it uses a small amount of memory when viewed in Task Manager. I also got it for $16, so it was cheap.
    Please provide some feedback on Agenda One vs. Papyrus besides using less memory. So far I am liking Agenda One and was planning to buy it, but wonder if I should try Papyrus.
    Quote Originally Posted by dougef View Post
    Please provide some feedback on Agenda One vs. Papyrus besides using less memory. So far I am liking Agenda One and was planning to buy it, but wonder if I should try Papyrus.
    Where do you get papyrus? Does it support icons? My main problem with Agenda One is that it has only a limited and weak set of icons and I find them very useful.
    Laissez Faire
    Quote Originally Posted by prubin View Post
    Where do you get papyrus? Does it support icons? My main problem with Agenda One is that it has only a limited and weak set of icons and I find them very useful.
    I rarely use icons so that is not an issue for me.

I found Papyrus by doing a google search. But so far did not download it.
    I wonder if CESD realizes how much money he'd make for his Gorilla Haven if he released DB6 for WM. There has to be thousands of former Palm\DB users that would quickly pay $25 or more to have DB on their WM devices. I know I would!
    I would not go $25, but I would pay the price it goes for now in the Palm world.
    Quote Originally Posted by bclinger View Post
    I would not go $25, but I would pay the price it goes for now in the Palm world.
    oh...ok, $2.95 more. That makes sense.
    Vinnie
    Yeah, my stupid. I forgot the price.