Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1.    #1  
    I'm just about to dump palm... so when this black gem can be available in the AT&T store? I wanna have one right now as long as it's within 600 bucks!!

btw, no 2 yrs contract any more!

Please help asap~~~~

(no more palm os, windows mobile 6.1 is the future......)
    I don't know.
    If nobody replies by tomorrow, just start a new thread.
    Pricing and Availability

Treo Pro will be available in September in Europe(2) through Vodafone (from free to 399 with contract) and O2 (pricing is available from O2 direct sales and online business stores), and in Australia through Telstra (from free with contract). It will be available in the United States in the fall through the Palm online store (http://www.palm.com/store) as well as select Internet, retail and enterprise resellers for a suggested retail price of $549. The U.S. version is unlocked and unsubsidized, giving end users the flexibility to simply insert their existing active SIM card and immediately start using their Treo Pro without a new contract.
    Does this mean no subsidized phone through AT&T? And looking at the Europe prices, sounds like even if it were available through AT&T, it might come in higher than the $199 iPhone. Not a good thing....

Quote Originally Posted by marcus View Post
    Pricing and Availability

Treo Pro will be available in September in Europe(2) through Vodafone (from free to 399 with contract) and O2 (pricing is available from O2 direct sales and online business stores), and in Australia through Telstra (from free with contract). It will be available in the United States in the fall through the Palm online store (http://www.palm.com/store) as well as select Internet, retail and enterprise resellers for a suggested retail price of $549. The U.S. version is unlocked and unsubsidized, giving end users the flexibility to simply insert their existing active SIM card and immediately start using their Treo Pro without a new contract.
    It looks like they are going the same way as HP's Ipaq 910 where it is unlocked for $499 USD directly from HP's site.
    Not good at all IMO. Palm won't sell much of these unless they get AT&T on board. In the US at least..
    Quote Originally Posted by jonathanuy View Post
    Does this mean no subsidized phone through AT&T? And looking at the Europe prices, sounds like even if it were available through AT&T, it might come in higher than the $199 iPhone. Not a good thing....
    From what I read its not avaliable from AT&T (or any US phone dealer) and you have to buy from Palm direct at the $550 price and just put your sim card in. Probally means no subsizie price .
    Last edited by VaccPalm; 08/20/2008 at 10:20 AM.
    In Canada, even the Rogers sales person are putting down palm, so perhaps they are not going to be carrying it.
    Quote Originally Posted by roadcarver View Post
    In Canada, even the Rogers sales person are putting down palm, so perhaps they are not going to be carrying it.
    Since it is an unlocked phone, you can simply put in the GSM SIM card and use it.
    unlike Europeans, the majority of americans here won't purchase unsubsidized phones. There are many who still want a free phone with a contract. However hot this device is, it won't make it big without a carrier subsidy. And I doubt the enthusiasts on this board will be able to support Palm's payroll.
    just to give everybody a glimpse on what's the latest.

http://www.crn.com/retail/210101296
    "If you bring forth what is within you, it will heal you. And if you do not bring forth what is within you, it will destroy you." (from the Gospel of St. Thomas)
    I wonder if Best Buy will be carrying this device too.
  13.    #13  
    550 buck is fine! But guys, seriously, when we can get it? Enough pics so far and I wanna touch her asap!
    I agree,
    most people I know don't know of new phones until they go to their carrier's local store or website.
    So if ATT doesn't have it, they never even know it exists.
  15.    #15  
    How about TV ads? Everybody watch TV!

Quote Originally Posted by berdinkerdickle View Post
    I agree,
    most people I know don't know of new phones until they go to their carrier's local store or website.
    So if ATT doesn't have it, they never even know it exists.
    Umm..no. Not everybody watch tv. What little i do is on dvr anyway and commericals are seldom seen by me. It's not worth to do so anyways since their targets are businesses and business users.

In order to see black, palm has to sell treos much moreso than centros.

Frustrating part? Everyone has been crying for this from palm..not to mention something that is cooler. Even the bloggers are getting hyped. And they can't find a US carrier??
    Do you expect Palm to advertise the 850 on TV?
    I doubt it.

You are correct that TV is where many learn of new phones.
    But again, who will be doing the advertising? the carriers.

I may have to eat my words, but I can't imagine ATT not carrying the 850.
    Just call me Berd.
    Palm does not advertise Phones really . All the adds for these phones like the Centro are from Sprint etc. There probally will be Magazine adds (Palm is big on magazines) but since this device is not designed for the consumer (its for business power users) I dount you will see an American TV spot.
    Last edited by VaccPalm; 08/21/2008 at 12:55 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by treopq View Post
    How about TV ads? Everybody watch TV!
    Try some magizines in a doctor's office. I've seen acouple things about Palm's in a few of them.
    I got a smartphone so i don't have to read magazines in a doc's office
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast