Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1.    #1  
    Is it possible to watch youtube videos on the 800? Every time I try to it gives me an error message in windows media.... Thanks guys
    search for and download vtap...works well.
    Quote Originally Posted by daves06stx View Post
    Is it possible to watch youtube videos on the 800? Every time I try to it gives me an error message in windows media.... Thanks guys
    Use tcpmp
    http://discussion.treocentral.com/sh...d.php?t=167286

If you go the tcpmp + flashvvideobundle route you'll need the recompiled tcpmp from this thread

http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?p=2396421

You'll need to sign in to see the downloads.
    If you can get skyfire, you could watch them from the youtube website natively. Hulu also works. Its hard to get a copy though.
    Quote Originally Posted by EMB Driver View Post
    If you can get skyfire, you could watch them from the youtube website natively.
    Ditto that!

See if you can get on the Skyfire beta program.
    just roll with vTap - go to vtap.com on your device browser, and download their all-in-one search AND PLAYBACK app right on your device. Simple. Works. Easy. No beta programs, no massive hassles with a bunch of different apps - just hit up vtap.com on your device, and install the app right there.

Simple is good.
    The Core Pocket Media Player has a youtube search function - it's really great.
    Everything's Amazing and Nobody's Happy

Treo600 --> Treo650-->PPC6700-->Treo700P-->Treo755P-->Treo800W --> Touch Pro-->Palm Pre --> EVO 4G
    Skyfire allows users to go straight to YouTube's site and view videos right on YouTube's page naively. Just as is done on a desktop PC. No need to use any outside party's search tools. You can't get more convenient than that.
    Quote Originally Posted by darnell View Post
    Skyfire allows users to go straight to YouTube's site and view videos right on YouTube's page naively. Just as is done on a desktop PC. No need to use any outside party's search tools. You can't get more convenient than that.
    I agree - they've just got to reduce the battery drain, which is pretty considerable at the moment. As soon as they do, they'll have a definite winner!

Treo600 --> Treo650-->PPC6700-->Treo700P-->Treo755P-->Treo800W --> Touch Pro-->Palm Pre --> EVO 4G
    I'm a big fan of CorePlayer but it's not cheap.

Putting the streaming codec on for "RTSP Medium" simply results in the most splendid streaming experience--it's like I have the whole video in high res on my card.

h264 (high) over Wifi is even more perfect.

WMExperts: News, Reviews & Podcasts + Twitter
    Quote Originally Posted by Malatesta View Post

Putting the streaming codec on for "RTSP Medium" simply results in the most splendid streaming experience--it's like I have the whole video in high res on my card.

Can you seek back and forth in the videos? If so I might have to consider this over vTap which I have fallen in love with but doesn't seem to be able to seek.
    Quote Originally Posted by dmexs View Post
    Can you seek back and forth in the videos? If so I might have to consider this over vTap which I have fallen in love with but doesn't seem to be able to seek.
    You can indeed seek back and forward, with almost no delay - it streams very well.

I have the CorePlayer, too..

Here is the difference I have noticed...

The youtube videos played directly from within the coreplayer app appear to be faded than the same videos played directly (picked up by coreplayer) from youtube site...

What could be wrong with my coreplayer setting?
    I think that, unlike Mal, I tend to set mine to "FLV Medium" - that seems to make my vids clearer.

Quote Originally Posted by PalmDM View Post
    I have the CorePlayer, too..

Here is the difference I have noticed...

The youtube videos played directly from within the coreplayer app appear to be faded than the same videos played directly (picked up by coreplayer) from youtube site...

What could be wrong with my coreplayer setting?
    Try toying with the settings. Here are a few of mine that might help (Tools --> Preferences):

DirectDraw: Check all 3 (Overlay, blitting, stretching). Overlay format: Auto

Video: DirectDraw, High, Smooth Zoom = On, Dither = checked

Network: YouTube Format (try any of these to see if they matter to you)

Menu --> Tools --> Colors --> Mobile or Color Boost

WMExperts: News, Reviews & Podcasts + Twitter
    Try toying with the settings. Here are a few of mine that might help (Tools --> Preferences):

DirectDraw: Check all 3 (Overlay, blitting, stretching). Overlay format: Auto

Video: DirectDraw, High, Smooth Zoom = On, Dither = checked

Network: YouTube Format (try any of these to see if they matter to you)

Menu --> Tools --> Colors --> Mobile or Color Boost
    Thanks Mal-

I followed your instructions and now my player plays very well..
    and the videos look great.. better..

thanks again..
    Hey i cant seem to get coreplayer to load up on my 800w...it says unexpected program failure. Please send crash.txt to the developers
    Global Posts
    4 Global Posts
    download skyfire. The fastest and best web browser. Its in beta, sign up and week later will notified by sms for download. Yes you can watch full youtube within the browser.
    +1 for skyfire
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast