1.    #1  
    I was just at the handango website and it now says that pocket plus is compatible with the 800 now. I checked spb website and it says it does not support 320x320... Also it says that I can send it to the phone by sms but I can't figure it out?

Thanks
    i, too, noticed this one...

i cant wait to see the updated version...

but happy with the shell for now..
    SPB Pocket Plus is kind of an essential for me... I use the Close Button, the Button Extensions, the PIE Enhancements, and the new smart scrolling is pretty cool.

I don't use the today plugin so I was not worried about the non 320x320 issue. But after using it, do not install it...

It has more issues then just not being compatible with 320x320.

I recently exchanged my 800w (yesterday) for two reasons:
    1. OZ Instant Messenger would not work (MD5 digests error for all chat protocols.)

2. With the Power Settings set to On Battery Power turn off after 1 minute, and On External Power turn off unchecked the phone would NOT turn off after 1 minute, all it would do is turn off the backlight.

I exchanged the phone (OZ works now) and the power settings worked fine. Did a restore, OZ still works, power settings now messed up again.

It took about 6 hard resets and a dozen soft resets to restore the power functionality.

First Application I re-installed (after making sure the power settings worked) was SPB Pocket Plus. My Power settings are now messed up again, and it is looking like I am in for another day of resets to get my phone back.

Actually I love SPB so much I will probably just live with the issue until they issue a fix... until then my phone will not auto turn off the LCD when just on Battery.

If Someone out there has all the registry settings for the LCD, Backlight, and Power settings exported I would love to import them and see if it will resolve the issue.
  4.    #4  
    I've had pocketplus for years and am really bummed that it doesn't work on the 800. I also downloaded it yesterday and it worked for a few then the phone froze, removed the battery and phone froze again and again within minutes. It finally gave me a reason to do a hard reset which i've been putting off for weeks. I'll wait it out for a update.
    I Love SPB Pocket Plus, the close button for me works better then any of the others, mainly due to the ability to have an exceptions list, and the ability to add soft-reset to the close context menu.

I have set so that if I hold down the OK button (Option + OK) it brings up the Close Context Menu, which lists all active apps, and has a soft-reset option.

Their enhancements to PIE make PIE work so well I have not seen the need to mess with other browsers (unless one starts to support flash natively.) And the new smart scrolling really works well with PIE...

If they would just fix the freezing and Power Settings issues I would buy this version, right now I am just using the trial...
    any news... when they will fix the issues
    I have it installed but the only components i have installed is service, pocket internet explorer, safe mode & smart scrolling. The only features i have checked is pocket internet explorer & smart scrolling. I couldnt live without it either.
    has anyone tried 4.0.2?
    no i went thru the forums they have... seems like it does not work
    I use SPB pocket plus and ultimate launch. The only thing i use for P+ is the smart scrolling. I have and no issues. i only had to reset my device a few times, this is a very good phone not all of the bells and whistles.... it JUST works and WORKS all the time!!!
    so only one feature works
    Several features work, i just use smart scrolling and Close button since UL is running everything else. It is enough for me until they come out with support for 320x320
    i think they are fixing the rest
    Quote Originally Posted by 700wxRules View Post
    Several features work, i just use smart scrolling and Close button since UL is running everything else. It is enough for me until they come out with support for 320x320
    same for me.
    700WX -> 800W -> Touch Diamond -> Pre?
    Global Posts
    720 Global Posts
    I installed this earlier... before they put that text about not supporting 320x320 on their Web site. The only real issues I saw was that it couldn't see any icons for the tabs. If I remember correctly, it worked pretty well otherwise.

I have been waiting for them to come out with a version that is confirmed to work with the 800w, because I don't want to get involved with UL. There are so many long threads about how to configure UL, and I'm just not that geeky to go elbow deep in configuration screens I can't see and configuration files in a new syntax I have to learn just to get some tabbed screens.
    Global Posts
    347 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Rhody View Post
    I installed this earlier... before they put that text about not supporting 320x320 on their Web site. The only real issues I saw was that it couldn't see any icons for the tabs. If I remember correctly, it worked pretty well otherwise.

I have been waiting for them to come out with a version that is confirmed to work with the 800w, because I don't want to get involved with UL. There are so many long threads about how to configure UL, and I'm just not that geeky to go elbow deep in configuration screens I can't see and configuration files in a new syntax I have to learn just to get some tabbed screens.
    While I agree that having P+ fixed would be great. I can also say that I installed UL and have it configured pretty well with combined tabs, etc... w/o reading any of the posts in the forums. I dont understand why so many have said it is "not for the faint hearted" it really isnt any harder than P+ (or Pocket Breeze or SPB Diary for that matter)to configure.
    Devices used: Palm VIIx - Tungsten T - Tungsten T3 - HP ipaq 4155 - Tungsten T5 - BB 7520 - Treo 650 - Treo 700wx - Treo 755p - Q9c - BB 8130 - Treo 800w - HTC Touch Pro - BB 8330 - BB 8520 - HTC HD2 - Palm Pre
    Pocket Breeze ..does it work fine on 800w?
    Last edited by mobmadness; 09/12/2008 at 12:46 PM.
    Global Posts
    347 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by mobmadness View Post
    Pocket Breeze does it work fine on 800w
    Sorry, are you asking if it does or saying that it does? it works great on my 800w w/realvga. even without the vga hack it works but some graphics are a little broken up.
    Devices used: Palm VIIx - Tungsten T - Tungsten T3 - HP ipaq 4155 - Tungsten T5 - BB 7520 - Treo 650 - Treo 700wx - Treo 755p - Q9c - BB 8130 - Treo 800w - HTC Touch Pro - BB 8330 - BB 8520 - HTC HD2 - Palm Pre
    Global Posts
    680 Global Posts
    Anyone try the new beta of PP that is supposed to work better on the 320x320 screen?

http://www.spbclub.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=19369

I'm currently using iLauncher so am not using PP.
    Palm III -> Handspring Visor Deluxe -> Dell Axim X5 Advanced -> Dell Axim X3i -> Dell Axim X50v -> Cingular 8125 -> Sprint Palm Treo 700Wx -> ->Palm Treo 700P (my wife's but I played with it ) -> Sprint Mogul -> Treo 800w -> Touch Pro & Treo Pro.