Results 1 to 16 of 16
  1.    #1  
    hi, newbie question. Just got my 800w and love it. I'd like to be able to get rid of the first line on the today screen...it's a huge waste. It just says Sprint on the left side, and on the right side there are 3 icons....bluetooth, internet sharing, and location. Can I turn these off?
  2. #2  
    look for personlizer
  3. #3  
    There is also a regedit that makes this happen, but Cody's personalizer is easier. Google it or search for a link here. Also, although I only use it for the LED control, I think hannip's Treo Alerts allows you to replace Sprint with some more useful information.
  4.    #4  
    Thanks for the suggestions folks, cody's won't help me, it just allows you to change it but I don't see how it lets you delete. I am going to check out the LED one.
  5. #5  
    Quote Originally Posted by escapethematrix View Post
    Thanks for the suggestions folks, cody's won't help me, it just allows you to change it but I don't see how it lets you delete. I am going to check out the LED one.
    Yeah, should have been more clear. I am not sure there is one that totally deletes that (though I did it with mToday, it was unintentional and one of many things that program did that it wasn't supposed to)....
  6.    #6  
    ok, i guess i'll just live with it for no. Now, i need to figure out how to get the radar to show up in weatherpanel. thanks guys!
  7. #7  
    If you figure out the radar escapethematrix let me know. I havent had time to look it up but I would like to know. Thanks.
  8.    #8  
    so far no luck, i was hoping it was an option...maybe its tied into the resolution of the theme.
  9. #9  
    Quote Originally Posted by escapethematrix View Post
    ok, i guess i'll just live with it for no. Now, i need to figure out how to get the radar to show up in weatherpanel. thanks guys!
    Quote Originally Posted by billybennett View Post
    If you figure out the radar escapethematrix let me know. I havent had time to look it up but I would like to know. Thanks.
    I'm not sure where it is, but there is a pdf out there that walks you through this. I spent all last Sunday figuring it out and I know it links from here, probably out of the weatherpanel thread that Mal set up. My biggest issue now is getting the dang state's cameras to work all the time (their end, not mine). I do suggest that if you can find still images as opposed to video, it seem to work and update better. AZ has a traffic camera page with still images that update every few minutes and I use these. Except the last few days, many haven't updated on the site that WP is pulling them from...but it works.

    Now I need to get back to trying to figure out UltimateLaunch....

    And since the OP deviated, I have not hijacked a thread
  10. chong67's Avatar
    Posts
    956 Posts
    Global Posts
    983 Global Posts
    #10  
    Why is the Sprint line there along with those icons? I wish I can move it up or down or delete it from the TODAY screen.

    It look like the HTC Home thing which is at the bottom for the Mogul.
  11. #11  
    Quote Originally Posted by chong67 View Post
    Why is the Sprint line there along with those icons? I wish I can move it up or down or delete it from the TODAY screen.

    It look like the HTC Home thing which is at the bottom for the Mogul.
    With a simple reg change you can move the Sprint Carrier plugin or even get rid of it. Just use any reg editor and change the type value from 6 to 4:

    HKLM|Software\Microsoft\Today\Items\"Dial Lookup"|Type

    Then go to Start->Settings and click on Today icon then Items tab. You'll now see "Dial Lookup" in the list. You can move it or uncheck it.

    What do you lose if you uncheck it? You lose Palm's "Type a name or number" field for dialing. You can still type the first few letters of a contact name to search for someone in your contacts and use the dial pad for dialing.
  12. #12  
    Quote Originally Posted by hannip View Post
    With a simple reg change you can move the Sprint Carrier plugin or even get rid of it. Just use any reg editor and change the type value from 6 to 4:

    HKLM|Software\Microsoft\Today\Items\"Dial Lookup"|Type

    Then go to Start->Settings and click on Today icon then Items tab. You'll now see "Dial Lookup" in the list. You can move it or uncheck it.

    What do you lose if you uncheck it? You lose Palm's "Type a name or number" field for dialing. You can still type the first few letters of a contact name to search for someone in your contacts and use the dial pad for dialing.
    Sometimes, its nice to be wrong...thanks hannip, killed mine and it looks great. Even if I was using the personalizer, opens up some more space. Thanks.
  13. #13  
    Quote Originally Posted by hannip View Post
    With a simple reg change you can move the Sprint Carrier plugin or even get rid of it. Just use any reg editor and change the type value from 6 to 4:

    HKLM|Software\Microsoft\Today\Items\"Dial Lookup"|Type

    Then go to Start->Settings and click on Today icon then Items tab. You'll now see "Dial Lookup" in the list. You can move it or uncheck it.

    What do you lose if you uncheck it? You lose Palm's "Type a name or number" field for dialing. You can still type the first few letters of a contact name to search for someone in your contacts and use the dial pad for dialing.
    Thanks Hannip, after I did the hack it works fine but wanted to go back to the orginial. However once I changed the value back everything looks fine w/ the Sprint icon on top but when I'm in a call the Sprint bar moves to the bottom. Looks very strange, is there a way to move it back to the top?
    TIA
  14. #14  
    hmm, strange, did you change the type back to 6 or did you leave it as 4?
  15. #15  
    before i changed it back to 6 i had to check the box on the today settings first then i changed it back to 6. so everything is fine but when im in a call, the sprint icon and the bluetooth moves to the bottom. very strange.
  16. #16  
    Quote Originally Posted by hannip View Post
    With a simple reg change you can move the Sprint Carrier plugin or even get rid of it. Just use any reg editor and change the type value from 6 to 4:

    HKLM|Software\Microsoft\Today\Items\"Dial Lookup"|Type

    Then go to Start->Settings and click on Today icon then Items tab. You'll now see "Dial Lookup" in the list. You can move it or uncheck it.

    What do you lose if you uncheck it? You lose Palm's "Type a name or number" field for dialing. You can still type the first few letters of a contact name to search for someone in your contacts and use the dial pad for dialing.
    Hannip

    I tried this and the first 24 hours were fine, as my message notes above. Since then however, I've had some real issues with stability, battery and seeing who is calling in....the one other time I made the Sprint Bar disappear is when I tried mToday, a nasty little app I tried out. I had the same types of issues with that fiasco.

    Could this Sprint bar thing be tied to something bigger that the phone really doesn't like when you alter it?

Posting Permissions