1.    #1  
    Has anyone had any issues backing up text messages with PimBackup? I have text messages selected but it doesn't back anything up
    I believe, since Palm uses their own threaded SMS, they are using a different file, which I think is PalmVol.vol. MS threaded SMS uses, probably PIM.vol. PIM backup is probably backing up the MS file and not the Palm one. Why not just copy the file to your SD card?
  3.    #3  
    Quote Originally Posted by crazie.eddie View Post
    I believe, since Palm uses their own threaded SMS, they are using a different file that what MS threaded SMS uses. This is what PIM backup is probably backing up and not the Palm one.
    Ahh..okay...anyway to back it up manually?
    You can probably just copy the file to your SD card.
    Quote Originally Posted by chocmatic View Post
    Ahh..okay...anyway to back it up manually?
    make a copy of the PalmMsgV001 file thats in your windows folder. that will be your SMS msgs.
    i had threaded sms on my 700wx and copied that file over to my 800w and all my sms messages are back.
    700WX -> 800W -> Touch Diamond -> Pre?
    Quote Originally Posted by 2k4mach View Post
    make a copy of the PalmMsgV001 file thats in your windows folder. that will be your SMS msgs.
    i had threaded sms on my 700wx and copied that file over to my 800w and all my sms messages are back.
    That's the file!!! I remembered it used to be on the root, as it was on the 700wx. The only file I saw was PalmVol.vol. I didn't know they moved it.
    This may sound like a noob question, but I would like to know if I copy this file from the Treo 750 & transfer it to the the Treo Pro will it copy over my exisiting messages on the Pro??
    regards, Bill
    Mobile Tech. Support Consultant

Device/Gadget History
    3comm palm pilot pro->palm 505m->Tungsten e2->Treo650(sold)->Treo680->O2 XDA Stealth (sold)->Treo 500 ->Treo750v -> Treo Pro
    Optus Singtel Pty Ltd (c)