Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Global Posts
    67 Global Posts
    I'm looking for a good food/calorie log for the 800w. I need to start keeping better track of my diet, etc and it'd be nice if I could do that on my phone as i travel quite a bit. It would be even better if it had calories, etc of the popular food chains.
    The BEST I ever used was an app called BWM (biometric weight manager) on the Palm OS. I'm going to try to run it on the 800w thru StyleTap.

It had so many more options and features and most importantly, a gigantic DB of almost all types of foods including chains!
    If you're going to try Styletap, also look into CalorieKing's Handheld Diet Diary. It has a large database that's updated often. I don't know if you can hotsync through Styletap, but if you can, then you can also sync it with the desktop version of the Diet Diary program.

http://www.calorieking.com/software/ckmobplus.php
    I'm also looking for something like this. Hopefully there's a program for WM out there.
    I used Calorie King on th POS, and it was great (though they were slow in updating data for a year or so).

I haven't found anything comparable as yet, and I've been too cheap to plunk down $$ for StyleTap.
    Global Posts
    67 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by surfer144 View Post
    I'm also looking for something like this. Hopefully there's a program for WM out there.
    I agree. A native app would be nice.
    check out thedailyplate.com
    Life is a carnival, believe it or not,
    Life is a carnival, two bits a shot
    Check out VidaOne. I use this app. more than any other on my phone. It also has a pretty extensive data base of foods. Also what they don't have you can add. Lots of graphs, charts, etc. Thus far I've lost 25 pounds and counting.....
    (oops, just looked at the user's guide, 6.0 is supported. I wouldn't know about 6.1.

http://www.vidaone.com/mpd_ppc.htm
    Last edited by Iago; 08/17/2008 at 03:39 AM.
    Iago

"Good name in man and woman, dear my lord, Is the immediate jewel of their souls: Who steals my purse steals trash . . . But he that filches from me my good name Robs me of that which not enriches him
    And makes me poor indeed."

Criminal: A person with predatory instincts who has not sufficient capital to form a corporation.
    - Howard Scott
    I use the Vidaone as well on mine. Seems like a great program though I have not had time to use it that much. And since I may return my 800w I cant give a full review. I can say, that so far it seems great. I used the Diet assistant 7 on my POS and would never be able to live without it. Guess that's one thing I can look forward too when I go back to my 700p for now.
    Global Posts
    680 Global Posts
    Another vote for Vidaone, with a small caveat. It's a great program (MySportTraining and MyPersonalDiet, in particular), but I'm not sure that it's totally 320x320-ready, yet. Fonts seem a bit fuzzy. (See screenshots, below.)

I've been using the VidaOne apps for a few years now, off and on depending on my diet/exercise discipline, but the programs are great. The extra desktop component is really worth getting, too. Not cheap, but good.

One thing to keep in mind, VidaOne usually has a great Thanksgiving Sale (about four days long) and you can get the programs for about 50% off if I remember correctly.)
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Palm III -> Handspring Visor Deluxe -> Dell Axim X5 Advanced -> Dell Axim X3i -> Dell Axim X50v -> Cingular 8125 -> Sprint Palm Treo 700Wx -> ->Palm Treo 700P (my wife's but I played with it ) -> Sprint Mogul -> Treo 800w -> Touch Pro & Treo Pro.
    Calorie King is the standard for nutritionists and food professionals. It runs better on Styletap than it did on Garnet. Thats where I would spend my money.
    Pilot 1000 -> Pilot 5000 ->Palm Pilot Professional -> HP 620LX -> TRG Pro -> Palm V -> Palm Vx -> Palm M505 -> Palm i705 -> Palm Tungsten|T -> Samsung i500 -> Treo 600->Treo 650 -> Treo 600-> Treo 700p ->Centro ->Treo 800w + Redfly C8n -> Palm Pre -> HP Touchpad
    R.I.P Palm 1996-2011
    Global Posts
    269 Global Posts
    +1 VidaOne... long time user. great product. I should add I use it with the REALVGA 96DPI hack... works perfectly.
    Global Posts
    67 Global Posts
    I tried Vidaone and it did nothing but mess up my phone. anyone running it on the 800w without issue? I uninstalled it and no more lock ups.
    Global Posts
    680 Global Posts
    I'm running MySportTraining on my 800w and don't have any stability problems from it.
    Palm III -> Handspring Visor Deluxe -> Dell Axim X5 Advanced -> Dell Axim X3i -> Dell Axim X50v -> Cingular 8125 -> Sprint Palm Treo 700Wx -> ->Palm Treo 700P (my wife's but I played with it ) -> Sprint Mogul -> Treo 800w -> Touch Pro & Treo Pro.
    Global Posts
    269 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Schump939 View Post
    I tried Vidaone and it did nothing but mess up my phone. anyone running it on the 800w without issue? I uninstalled it and no more lock ups.

I am using it and it works well. I am not using the today plug and I am running at 96DPI -- if it is locking up you device, perhaps it is the today plug?
    Global Posts
    67 Global Posts
    that may be. I didn't try disabling that. Big DOH on my part.
    Global Posts
    680 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Schump939 View Post
    that may be. I didn't try disabling that. Big DOH on my part.
    I'm actually not using the today plugin either. (Forgot to mention that.)
    But, I'm not using any display resolution tweak, either.
    Global Posts
    203 Global Posts
    Does anybody have any experience with Diet and Exercise Assistant 8.0?
    No but VidaOne just updated My Personal Diet to version 4 and My Sports Training to version 6. Both look wonderful and run perfectly on the 800w.
    Pilot 1000 -> Pilot 5000 ->Palm Pilot Professional -> HP 620LX -> TRG Pro -> Palm V -> Palm Vx -> Palm M505 -> Palm i705 -> Palm Tungsten|T -> Samsung i500 -> Treo 600->Treo 650 -> Treo 600-> Treo 700p ->Centro ->Treo 800w + Redfly C8n -> Palm Pre -> HP Touchpad
    R.I.P Palm 1996-2011
    Global Posts
    20 Global Posts
    I use VidaOne on the 800w with no problems.

I've used a number of diet apps on Palm devices for years.
    VidaOne is just about my favorite on any platform.
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast