1.    #1  
    Long story short.
    Load this driver, you might need to hard reset your 800W.
    If you think about it, don't.
    Edited...
    Last edited by jimh2000; 08/17/2008 at 11:52 PM.
    Um... ok
    y would u install this in the first place...?
  4.    #4  
    It's a driver out there promoting greatly improved sound quality on mobile devices, it looks like a really good driver, but it won't work on the 800w. Since we have sound quality issues, I was only trying to warn others if they run across it, not to try it.
    Last edited by jimh2000; 08/17/2008 at 02:20 AM.
  5. NRG
    Global Posts
    3,670 Global Posts
    This post of yours for some odd reason, makes me want to try it.
  6.    #6  
    It would be a nice addition to the 800w if you can get it to work. It whipped me for about 4 hours.
    Global Posts
    269 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by jimh2000 View Post
    Long story short.
    Load this driver, you will hard reset your 800W.
    If you think about it, don't.
    I tried it too last month... I posted some results in another thread. You don't have to hard reset... you can recover. This driver does disable all sound (so Jimh2000 is right... no point in installing it -- at least the versions I tried, and it is VERY unclear which version is the correct one to install). However to recover without a hard reset (assuming uninstalling doesn't work -- and it did for me once i got the right PPC phone, not smartphone, version).

In short the SRS WOW package creates a pass thru driver (that allows audio adjustment: bass, treble, gain, etc.) that then routes audio to your regular driver (wavedev.dll). Should the package not uninstall correctly you can just "fix up" the wavedev device registry key (HKLM\Drivers\BuiltIn\WaveDev). I have attached a registry file that will do that for you here (just remove the .txt extension, put the file on your phone, then double-click the file from your phone file manager):

WaveDev.reg.txt
    Wow insol, thank you. <3

I was messing around with this today and noticed my sound was disabled... even after uninstalling it. I thought for sure I was screwed (should've made a registry backup before installing it) but thankfully your reg settings fixed it all up for me.

Thanks again. Not really in the mood for a hard reset lol.
    "When the power of love overcomes the love of power, the world will know peace."
    -Sri Chinmoy Ghose
  9.    #9  
    I loaded some other .dll files and edited the registry in several places trying to get this to work, I thought I was close, but all I had was a real mess. Maybe one of the experts will take this on as a project.
    I also noticed that the srs dll had some registry options entitled "SPKVol_NotPhoneCall" and "SPKVol_PhoneCall" which I thought was pretty interesting. Perhaps there's some way to increase the sound output through this area of the registry?

Heh.
    "When the power of love overcomes the love of power, the world will know peace."
    -Sri Chinmoy Ghose
    Global Posts
    269 Global Posts
    I spent lots of hours with this trying to get it to work... either through registry settings, bypassing the soundvol service and just trying various tricks changing drivers (different versions of SRS).

The poor quality of of the audio seems to be intrinsic to the sound subsystem... although the SRS driver would allow "tweaking" the quality some (perhaps correcting it... e.g. "un-muffling" by adding treble). Conceptually as the SRS is implemented as a driver filter... I wonder if it would work with another "real" WM driver (say a WM6 driver). Other places have reported that SRS does not work with WM6.1.
  12.    #12  
    There is a long thread at xda about this, I gave up but if anyone wants to continue, these guys have put a lot of work into it. They claim to have it working on WM6.1.
    http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=355913