1.    #1  
    Is there a way to 'force' the WinMo IE browser to view pages in regular format and not mobile format?
    I am not sure if you're referring to the default way that IE tries to display web sites to avoid horizontal scrolling. It's called column view. If you want, try desktop view instead of the column version. To change, search through the menu in Internet Explorer, it's somewhere there. This will usually give you two scrollbars and IE will attempt to render the web site normally.

Or, you could be referring to the mobile "light" versions of popular sites. This trick is done at the web server level. The redirect decision is based on the reported client version string of your browser. Mobile phone detection is typically performed by sites such as CNN, BBC, etc. To bypass that you need to modify your browser client string. I don't know how to do that on the 800w.
  3.    #3  
    Thanks for the reply.

Yes, I was talking about disabling the 'light' version redirect...
    Global Posts
    59 Global Posts
    I have been using netfront 3.5 concept version and it works very good, just search and make the suggested adjustments.
    I would like to do the same with PIE but no luck so far.

Tom
    Use Opera Mini...works great.
    a740 --> a900 --> Katana --> a900 --> a900m --> M1 --> a900m --> PPC6700 --> a900m--> 8400 --> a900m --> Treo 700wx --> Treo 800w
    See if you can get on the Skyfire Beta program.
    Quote Originally Posted by darnell View Post
    See if you can get on the Skyfire Beta program.
    I just got my email from them yesterday, I can attest to the awesomeness of skyfire.
    Global Posts
    59 Global Posts
    I installed Skyfire and I'm not impressed, are there any tweaks I need to do? so far netfront is much better except for viewing video, so figure I must be doing something wrong.
    Global Posts
    536 Global Posts
    Treo 700WX - VZW
    I tried skyfire, and Opera mobile is somewhat similar... They are both the same speeds, except yesterday night when I tried to use the skyfire, it would not let me connect to the server..
    What's wrong with built-in IE?
    Quote Originally Posted by Phone Insanity View Post
    What's wrong with built-in IE?
    You tried going to YouTube yet ?
    Quote Originally Posted by squares View Post
    I tried skyfire, and Opera mobile is somewhat similar...
    So you've been able to watch YouTube vids in Opera?
    Most sites (most that were thoughtful enough to code a mobile version) will have a link to the normal version either at the top or the bottom of the page.