1.    #1  
    Sorry if this has been answered but I couldn't find it through a search here or on google. How the heck do you turn off the screen during a call? The red end button that normally does it....ends my call. No good. And not only does it affect the battery but it's bright at night and it drives me crazy! I'm sure there's some kind of AE Button setting but I was wondering if I could just do it with the phone? TIA and sorry if it's been answered somewhere!
    http://thatsballer.com for all of your tech news!
    Doesn't your screen automatically go off when you're in a call?
  4.    #4  
    I can't believe you can't do this just normal old out of the box. I did something similar to what they were recommending and just used AE Button Plus to remap the calendar key. So now it works but I need to have separate software running in order to do this. Thanks for the advice though!
    Global Posts
    983 Global Posts
    Is this the only way is to install the software? There are no buttons we can turn off the light when in a call?
    I'm still confused cause my screen automagically goes off when I'm in a call.
    Global Posts
    132 Global Posts
    In Keyguard under Settings, you can check a button that disables the touchscreen while on calls.

I assume that the screen would automatically turn off as you specified under the Backlight section of the Settings menu.
    There is an application called "DownCall" - it'll turn the screen off for you.
    Global Posts
    983 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Alli View Post
    I'm still confused cause my screen automagically goes off when I'm in a call.
    I was on call for 10 mins and the screen never goes off.
    Were you charging during that time, by any chance?
    The light on your screen goes off in a call, but the LCD stays activated the whole time.
    hmm.. my screen turns off or dims to the lowest brightness during calls, no 3rd party app installed
    Quote Originally Posted by kjmtreo View Post
    hmm.. my screen turns off or dims to the lowest brightness during calls, no 3rd party app installed
    The screen should dim after X time (whatever you set it to)--but that is different from turning off the LCD completely, instead of just the backlight.

WMExperts: News, Reviews & Podcasts + Twitter
  14.    #14  
    Right....it dims....but it doesn't go off. So if your face brushes against it it turns back on or whatever and it's bright as heck right next to your head if you're in a dark place! Anyways, I just used AE Button Plus but it's still a drag that the End key is the same as the screen off key. I would have gladly sacrificed the wifi switch for a more traditional LCD power on/off switch.
    Why not just change the settings to disable the touchscreen during calls? Then the screen will go dim, and touching it won't bring it back.
    a740 --> a900 --> Katana --> a900 --> a900m --> M1 --> a900m --> PPC6700 --> a900m--> 8400 --> a900m --> Treo 700wx --> Treo 800w