Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Global Posts
    88 Global Posts
    Just confirmed . Built in GPS...

Global Posts
    122 Global Posts
    Damn, this looks good. I assume it was picked up in Hong Kong or Taiwan, given the Traditional Character OS? Didn't see a mention in there, but I can't really follow what you're saying either

Anyway, definitely picking up one ASAP.
    Global Posts
    88 Global Posts
    yes . Traditional Chinese . muilt-language , design by HTC (one Taiwan company)..

I buy it from Shanghai. and I think it will be made in HTC Shanghai factory.
    Quote Originally Posted by graylion View Post
    How do the soft keys work?

Is the area depressable? Are they on screen only (I hope not)?

Is it me because I can not see them?

Regards
    The physical appearance suggests touch sensitivity. The only depressible buttons will be the green "send" and red "end" buttons.
    Quote Originally Posted by logmein View Post
    The physical appearance suggests touch sensitivity. The only depressible buttons will be the green "send" and red "end" buttons.
    Looks like it can go either way.
    If you look at this slide on the leaked slideshow, the lines pointing below the screen suggest that the area is touch sensitive:
    http://discussion.wmexperts.com/atta...9&d=1218749067

I would bet that the keys surrounding the D-pad are depressible, however, just like the Centro given their similar appearance.
    Global Posts
    146 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by navyyang View Post
    Just confirmed . Built in GPS...
    1. Is that a surprise?

2. Illustrates that the 850 doesn't map rectangular aspect ratios to square any better than the 800w.

3. Still like the 800w keyboard better (don't like transparent keys)

4. (And I think the 850 should be a better phone than the 800w)
    Quote Originally Posted by willysp View Post
    2. Illustrates that the 850 doesn't map rectangular aspect ratios to square any better than the 800w.
    What does this mean?
    Quote Originally Posted by johncc View Post
    What does this mean?
    The apps in the pics don't fit in the square screen.

Also, I like the "smile" type keyboard much better. I think the Pro would look so much nicer with a little curve to the keyboard...

Still gonna get one though
    Palm Pilot Personal, Palm III, Palm V, Palm IIIc, Kyocera QCP-6035, Sony Clie N710C , Sony Clie N610, Palm Tungsten T3, Palm Treo 650, Palm Treo 680, Palm Treo 750, Centro (Wife's), iPhone, Blackjack, iPhone 3g, back to Blackjack, Centro (Mine), Palm PRE, iPhone 3g (again), iPhone 3gs (wife's), iPhone 4, iPad, iPad 2 (wife's), Pre Plus, HP TouchPad.

Yes, I have a problem...
    Global Posts
    146 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by johncc View Post
    What does this mean?
    Means the bottoms of both screens posted are cut off.

(Garmin XT does the same thing on an 800w - look at "GPS Info" screen)
    Global Posts
    243 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by PDAholic View Post
    Nice of the photographer to remove the fingerprints with that microfiber cloth!

BTW, those are some very large scratches on that screen...
    If you look closely, you can see that there is already a screen protector on the device, so it's likely a scratch in the protector and not the screen.

iPhone 3G ..:.. Jailbroken 16GB Black
    AT&T 8925 Tilt ..:.. WM 6.1 ..:.. SIM/CID unlocked
    BlackBerry 8830 ..:.. Work phone
    Global Posts
    88 Global Posts
    Yes. when I got the phone, the protector already finished, with scratch on the protector..the screen still very good..
    Quote Originally Posted by PDAholic View Post
    If you look at this slide on the leaked slideshow, the lines pointing below the screen suggest that the area is touch sensitive:
    http://discussion.wmexperts.com/atta...9&d=1218749067

I would bet that the keys surrounding the D-pad are depressible, however, just like the Centro given their similar appearance.
    I dunno, man. I gonna stick with touch sensitive on the buttons around the nav pad. the centro has thin demarcated lines around the calendar, home, and mail buttons around the nav pad. The 850 does not. The red, green and navpad buttons are depressible, but the four icons around that navpad are touch sensitive I says.
    I dunno, man. I gonna stick with touch sensitive on the buttons around the nav pad. the centro has thin demarcated lines around the calendar, home, and mail buttons around the nav pad. The 850 does not. The red, green and navpad buttons are depressible, but the four icons around that navpad are touch sensitive I says.
    We shall see...

MUHAHAHAH, MUHAHAHAHAH, MUHAHAHAAAAAAA....

Okay, enough with the creepy laughter.

The more I look at the keyboard, the more I wonder if the keys are actually cut individually, as opposed to the Centro's keyboard which is (seemingly) one big squishy pad.

Man, I can't wait for this phone. I haven't felt this excited in a while.
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12