1.    #1  
    Hi there, I have a problem that seems to be isolated.. I tried forum search, google, been looking for a fix for a month now... I cant find anything. I even wrote to google support, no reply yet, its been over a month. I have the same problem on ALL the version that I tried, even the latest one (8/15/08)..
    Here is the issue:

I install Google maps, no problems, its works flawlessly, I exit the program, and the next time I try running it, it crashes right after it connects. It says "connecting".. it connects, then i see the word "loading" for about a second, and it closes. I have to soft reset every time I want to use the damn thing.. I have had the same problem with every version I tried.. I alays check their site for updates, and I install the new version with hopes that it will work.

My device is a 700wx, unlimited data, I usually have about 40mb of free ram, and I close everything else when using ANY program, wih the exception of Threaded SMS, which is always running in the background. I have also tried to delete the cache of Google Maps, and then starting the program, but it still crashes as soon as it starts loading. I tried to install it both on the SD card, and intrnal memory. No difference.. I dont know what's going on with this app. Im pretty sure my phone is ok. Its really snappy, with plenty of ram available at all times...

Please help me... THANK YOU in advance
  2.    #2  
    Damn.. I cant believe I'm the only guy with this issue... I'm gonna shoot myself...
    BTW, wht's a good alternative for Google Maps? I'm using Windows Live right now but I kinda miss the responsivness of Google Maps..
    All I can say is that it works good for me. I don't have SMS Treaded messaging.

-Frank
    search for the thread about google maps triangulation. In the last page I attached an older version more compatible with the 700wx
    No problems here with my 700w. Currently using 2.0.1.18 which is the 1st or 2nd upgrade I've had on this Treo. Never any problems with any version. The only app I have that might help with memory issues is Space Reclaimer which helps me deal with the 700w's lack of RAM. I prefer Live Search over Google Maps, but go back and forth when I'm having navigation issues with either. These two programs can get frustrating at times with GPS navigation when trying to get directions in a hurry when I'm not typing things in exactly right. Live Search can bog down at times, but I attribute that to the lack of RAM on the 700w and/or overloaded networks in busy congested traffic areas. Hard resets usually fix that. I even drilled a hole in the back of the case to push the stylus through so I don't have to fumble with the battery falling out in the car.
  6.    #6  
    Thanks everyone, I learned to live without it, I use live search now, much better when u get used to it.. Thanks again
    Global Posts
    13 Global Posts
    Using 2.0.0.11 Anyone know where I can go to download the latest version? I would love the cab file so I can install myself.
    Quote Originally Posted by mitch11 View Post
    Using 2.0.0.11 Anyone know where I can go to download the latest version? I would love the cab file so I can install myself.
    According to http://www.google.com/mobile/default/maps/index.html you can go to m.google.com/maps on your phone where you can install from.

I did this about a week ago and have 2.2.0.16.

-kg
    Quote Originally Posted by kgjevre View Post
    According to http://www.google.com/mobile/default/maps/index.html you can go to m.google.com/maps on your phone where you can install from.

I did this about a week ago and have 2.2.0.16.

-kg
    Yes, me too.

I wish there was a way to know what the "newest" version was without installing it though. Would save a lot of time. I have tried, but have found no way to figure out the version number of the "latest" version other than downloading and installing.

-Frank