Global Posts
    983 Global Posts
    Did anyone got the Remote Desktop that came with WM6.1?

Where to get it? Do you know?

Thanks for helping.
    here ya go buddy. i cant belive it wasn't included with the palm/wm 6.1

it was included with the other versions of 6.1

i also have the OEM files if you guys start cooking rom for this sucker.

BTW... this version of remote desktop was pulled from the htc diamond, so it should be the "most uptodate" version.
    Attached Files Attached Files
    My Avatar = This guy walks 12 miles a day just to charge his cell phone. Link Here
    If you want to buy me lunch... click here
    PDA's I've owned/used in order... nextel i930, BB 7100i, PPC-6700 (apache), treo 700p, PPC-6700, treo 700wx, PPC-6800 (mogul), PPC-6900 (touch), treo 755p, PPC-6900 (touch), BB 8130 (Pearl),PPC-6800 (mogul), BB 8330 (Curve) Diamond, treo 800w, Touch Pro, BB 8330 (Curve), Treo 800w, Treo Pro
    Global Posts
    983 Global Posts
    Thanks codyppc.

Is this same as this one here which I download and just installed on my Mogul:

http://forum.xda-developers.com/show...03#post2530003

It look the same as WM6.0 and I didnt see any difference.

I just install it on the 800w and it work great. Your cab smaller so I will use it.

Thanks!
    Last edited by chong67; 08/15/2008 at 09:29 PM.
    Does something more need to be done than to copy the .CAB file into "Program Files" on the device and then run the file there? I got an unsuccessful install message when trying with the file codyppc provided.
    Global Posts
    983 Global Posts
    Yah, I copy to my MicroSD card.

Then I tab it from the File Explorer.

I guess it install to the main memory. It didnt prompt me where to install it.
    Just curious, how does this work ? I've never used this app before or anything like it.
    Remember, this is my opinion ! We all have a right to our own.....

Treo's 650-800..NOW,
    Palm Pre
    Global Posts
    983 Global Posts
    What?

Do you know what remote desktop is ???

You have to configure your router to open the port.

Then you have to tell your desktop to allow remote.

Do you get it?

Do you need more explaination?
    Quote Originally Posted by chong67 View Post
    What?

Do you know what remote desktop is ???

You have to configure your router to open the port.

Then you have to tell your desktop to allow remote.

Do you get it?

Do you need more explaination?
    Nope, that explains it, thanks. I've just never used it. I always have a computer or laptop with me.
    Remember, this is my opinion ! We all have a right to our own.....

Treo's 650-800..NOW,
    Palm Pre
    Bigchris - Remote desktop is necessary for some who need to connect to say a web server, to get a service running when a web site crashes and so on.

chong67 - When I put the file RemoteDesktopMobile.CAB anywhere on my device and tap it, I get a message saying the installation of RemoteDesktopMobile.CAB was unsuccessful. I can't try off a Micro SD, because my MicroSD was a little defective and I'm in the process of returning it .
    Global Posts
    983 Global Posts
    I see. It work for me. I think your MicroSD maybe defective.

I remote to my home PC from the 800w to keep it busy downloading 24x7. :-)
    Global Posts
    72 Global Posts
    Wow, this is the best Remote desktop I have ever used on a phone, menus were very responsive the remote machine. It just saved me today when I hade to zip and mail some pics on my home machine. Can't believe they striped it from the original release.
    Can anyone help me with this Remote Desktop proggy? I've tried it, and can't stand it. So, wondering if maybe I'm doing something wrong.

I'm able to log into my laptop at home thru RDP, but I'm only able to view about 1/4 or less of my screen. Yes, I know about the little box at bottom right that you can move around to view more of the desktop, but the RDP program itself seems to take my desktop, cut out the middle portion, and move the 4 sides in to fill the gap, or something like that. I hope I'm explaining this properly, but no matter how much I move that box around I cannot view all of my desktop.

Is this normal or am I missing something here?
    Bump? Am I not explaining myself? Or, is this proggy so bad that no one wants to admit it?

I really desperately need this to work. I operate a Shoutcast online radio station and need to be able to remote in from my Treo when things go wrong so that I can fix them. Can anyone help me with this?
    I use remote as well, and yes... it is limited by the way it chops the screen. It is still very fast and useful though.

I think the problem may be related to the screen resolution on the remote screen. My computer at home as a 16 x 9, 32 LCD TV attached to it. I think the remote client uses it's own display adapter, so I don't know if changing the video driver or display resolution on the remote computer would help or not. Might be worth a try.

This might be a limitation of the Treo square screen. Bet it looks great on a rectagonal device.
    Global Posts
    132 Global Posts
    Is anyone able to get this to work on Vista Home Premium? Or do we need Ultimate for that?