View Poll Results: Which Keyboard is better?

Voters
38. You may not vote on this poll
  • Centro's is Better

3 7.89%
  • Treo's is Better

25 65.79%
  • I like both

10 26.32%
  1.    #1  
    For those who have used both the centro and treo Keyboards is one definitely better than the other?

One thing to keep in mind is; the 850/pro is wider - keys are not soo cramped.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Just call me Berd.
    I like the Centro's keyboard better for two reasons: (1) it's smaller, so it allows for a smaller device; and (2) I like how it is one stamped piece. It just feels better.

However, as it is smaller, I type slightly slower on the Centro keyboard. If course, I type a lot faster on my desktop keyboard, but I don't want that on my phone. Size is more important to me than speed.
    Palm V-->Visor Deluxe-->Visor Prism-->Visorphone-->Treo 180-->Treo 600-->Treo 650 on Sprint-->Treo 700p-->Centro-->Diamond-->Pre-->HTC EVO 4g???!
    Looking at your picture of the side-by-side phones, it appears the Treo Pro's keyboard is bigger than the Centro's keyboard. More space between the buttons.
    Palm V-->Visor Deluxe-->Visor Prism-->Visorphone-->Treo 180-->Treo 600-->Treo 650 on Sprint-->Treo 700p-->Centro-->Diamond-->Pre-->HTC EVO 4g???!
  4.    #4  
    Quote Originally Posted by heberman View Post
    Looking at your picture of the side-by-side phones, it appears the Treo Pro's keyboard is bigger than the Centro's keyboard. More space between the buttons.
    That's what I noticed also.
    So I'm thinking if people like the Centro or Like both the same, they are going to love the 850.
    Just call me Berd.
    It's not only the small size, lesser height and higher force required to press the Centro buttons that make it less usable, but also the keyboard layout compared with the 650 - the lack of a second "shift" button and the menu button way below at the right makes it difficult to access during one-handed operation. The 650 got that one right. I still wonder why Palm had to mess around with something that worked so well.
    Game over!
    It's basically a return to the treo 600 keyboard.
    Quote Originally Posted by logmein View Post
    It's basically a return to the treo 600 keyboard.
    Yes... but that's not necessarily a good thing. The best kbd ("according to me" - disclaimer, in case somebody feels otherwise ) is the 650 kbd.
  8.    #8  
    The results are kinda what I expected.
    Just call me Berd.
    I just returned my 800w a few days ago as I felt it was not for me. Esp the battery. Did not like the new keyboard on it. Back on my 755p and love it. The 800 is more like the centro so I was told.
    Last edited by Aviator; 08/16/2008 at 04:02 PM.
    The 800w has the best KB since the 650. The Centro KB was awful.
    A new Avatar to commemorate Silly Season.
    I have a 750 and used a Centro for a couple of weeks.
    The main difference I noticed:

I have to have short nails for the 750 (or I hit the wrong buttons)

I have to have long nails for the Centro (or I hit the wrong buttons) and I had to press harder.

I liked both keyboards, but definitely find it easier to write up a long document on the 750. That device has been a life saver at university...I can still proof-read and write stories during lectures. So I don't feel like I'm wasting 2 hours of my life every day.
    Treo 600 -> Treo 750 WM5 -> Treo 650 -> "Glacier" Centro -> Treo 750 WM6 -> Treo Pro
    I like the Centro's better than the 650's. On the 650 I wanted to use my finger nails to punch the keys but couldn't. The key material on the Centro makes this possible. I do agree that the keys on the 700/755 are better spaced than on the 650.
    Palm Vx > Treo 650 > Centro > G1 > Pre > BlackBerry 9700
  13.    #13  
    I haven't tried both.
    I guess I will have to go down to ATT and see how the Centro feels.
    Either way, I can't forsee me having a problem with the 850's kb.
    Just call me Berd.
    I get the impression that the Centro style keyboard is the price you pay for a thinner device.
    Last edited by johncc; 08/21/2008 at 07:48 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by berdinkerdickle View Post
    For those who have used both the centro and treo Keyboards is one definitely better than the other?

One thing to keep in mind is; the 850/pro is wider - keys are not soo cramped.
    I've tried both. I much prefer the keyboard on the Treo 700P/750 than the Centro. I personally can't stand that one.
    Lock and Load!
    Global Posts
    154 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Denny Crane View Post
    I've tried both. I much prefer the keyboard on the Treo 700P/750 than the Centro. I personally can't stand that one.
    I agree with you. Having used the 600, 650, 680 and the centro. The best keyboard was the 650. The Centro is usuable, but you don't want to type a 100 word reply with it.
    Honestly, i hate the centro's kb. I fly on the iphone's. The 700p's was more usable for me as well.
    Quote Originally Posted by GreenHex View Post
    Yes... but that's not necessarily a good thing. The best kbd ("according to me" - disclaimer, in case somebody feels otherwise ) is the 650 kbd.
    ehem!!! Check the signature.

I challenge thee to a duel sire. J/k. I never got the 650 because at the time it seemed to me like just a bluetooth upgrade and a few other perks over my solid 600.

the centro's keyboard is too little for my monster hands. lol Although I see the point of not expecting desktop quality from a much smaller device.
    Palm 105--->Samsung i-300--->Treo 300-->Treo 600-->Treo 300 (still has the best keyboard)-->Treo 755p-->Palm PRE-->Treo 680(unlocked by me)--->iPhone 3G---->iPhone 4---->Hp Pre3