1.    #1  
    Anyone encounter my problem? I don't delete my emails in my inbox on my treo 800 but when my treo syncs with the exchange server remotely it shows me only my unread emails and deletes all read emails 3 days old or less from my inbox on the treo and on the server. I just got the treo 800yesterday. This has never happend on any other WM phone i've had before.

one additional information. This doesn't happen if I manually sync with the server.

Also disabling autosync and manually doing it myself each time I check mail is not a solution I'm looking for
  2.    #2  
    no one has this issue or has an idea of what it might be?? I've posted this same question on 4 forums all with no replies. I seen a few people who has the same problem all with no solution. am I SOL with this?
    Global Posts
    627 Global Posts
    Are you sure the emails are being deleted from your mailbox?? Or are they just no longer visible on your Treo? When you configure your Exchange email, you can tell Windows Mobile how many days worth of email to sync. The default is 3 days. The emails older than 3 days are not deleted, they are just not viewable on your device.

Check your settings under activesync.
    My phone is setup with Exchange and it doesn't delete anything unless I actually delete it.
  5.    #5  
    I'm pretty sure it's deleted from the inbox on the server. because I actually have outlook on my pc opened at the same time. Plus I even check outlook web access. All gone from my inbox. Again it seems to be flagging it to be deleted because it doesn't delete it during the sync. it flags it then sometime before the next sync exchange deletes the emails. Luckily for me it actually moves the email from my inbox to my delete bin. So I have a chance to save it some other place. This isn't my first WM phone nor is it the first time I wirelessly sync to exchange so this is actually pretty weird. Now it's a possibility there is some exchange setting that is causing it not to work nicely with my treo but everything was working fine with my sprint mogul the day before I activated my treo. I'm just thinking the treo's activesync might be slightly different
    Quote Originally Posted by dknlght View Post
    I'm just thinking the treo's activesync might be slightly different
    Microsoft owns ActiveSync so I would imagine this is the standard WM 6.1 verison. I highly doubt it has anything different in it especially since the behavior you've described no one else seems to be experiencing.

Not sure what could be the issue though.
  7.    #7  
    I found the cause of my problem. it's pretty funny actually. I sold my mogul to someone right before activating the treo. It seems that I forgot to delete the activesync account on my mogul. the guy I sold it to kept getting my emails and deleting them and therefore deleting them from the server and my treo.
    Quote Originally Posted by dknlght View Post
    I found the cause of my problem. it's pretty funny actually. I sold my mogul to someone right before activating the treo. It seems that I forgot to delete the activesync account on my mogul. the guy I sold it to kept getting my emails and deleting them and therefore deleting them from the server and my treo.
    Oops...
    Grant Smith
    A+, Net+, MCPx2, BSIT/VC, MIS

eNVENT Technologies
    Use your imagination.
    --
    Sprint HTC Evo 4G

DISCLAIMER: The views, conclusions, findings and opinions of this author are those of this author and do not necessarily reflect the views of eNVENT Technologies.