1.    #1  
    Just upgraded (at least I hope it turns out to be UP), from Treo 755p to 800w. My battery power drops 2% every 5 minutes. That's with EVERYTHING turned off except my connection to the Sprint network so I can make phone calls! If I turn that off then the battery level stays constant. At the advice of Sprint, I've set my phone to Home Network only.

Is this simply a problem with Sprint EVO network, does it consume this much power? Or is there some setting or patch I need that will save the day and keep me from switching back to my 755p?
    ...and you have no programs installed and no email fetching at all?

Because that would be important to know.

Try a hard reset and don't install anything and then watch your battery and see if it's the same.

If it is, the phone is bust. If it's a lot better, user error/wrong configuration.

WMExperts: News, Reviews & Podcasts + Twitter
    Quote Originally Posted by DanWoo View Post
    Just upgraded (at least I hope it turns out to be UP), from Treo 755p to 800w. My battery power drops 2% every 5 minutes. That's with EVERYTHING turned off except my connection to the Sprint network so I can make phone calls! If I turn that off then the battery level stays constant. At the advice of Sprint, I've set my phone to Home Network only.

Is this simply a problem with Sprint EVO network, does it consume this much power? Or is there some setting or patch I need that will save the day and keep me from switching back to my 755p?
    I don't have an 800w, but I had a similar problem with my 755p.

I took it to Sprint and, if I remember correctly, they replaced my battery one time and my 755p another. Then I stopped having the problem.

I wouldn't suggest waiting for a patch. For some odd reason, it stopped doing it with the newer battery but I think the problem eventually resurfaced - besides, it was a problem drawing on the network (and thus, the battery power) unnecessarily.

I lost battery power so quickly I couldn't even get the phone to power on long enough to look up my a number to call for assistance (from another phone, of course). So, I hope you don't get kinda stranded, like me.

Good luck.
    * Stuck patches? Partial erase worked for me.
    * Stuck virtual keyboard? Partial erase AND folder deletion worked for me.