Page 1 of 17 12345611 ... LastLast
  1.    #1  
    Looks like the Treo 850 is officially the Treo Pro

http://gizmodo.com/5037301/palm-treo...ed-lookin-good

Now I'm debating on if I should take my 800w back. Only drawback I see on this device, is that it looks like its using the centro qwerty kb.
    Global Posts
    67 Global Posts
    Is there a carrier or release date? if not, then no, I'd not give up the 800.
    My thoughts:

Pros:
    Sleeker, but I could care less how my phone looks
    POSSIBLY thinner
    POSSIBLY better battery (my 800's is sufficient for me)
    3.5mm adapter (best part)

Cons:
    Small backside speaker (at least the grill is tiny)
    Is the battery actually removable?

Iffy:
    Centro keyboard. I'm not entirely certain it is a centro-style keyboard the more I look at the pics. I do know that the Centro keys require a harder press than the 800's.

My current feeling: Not enough to get me to switch.
    If it is only GSM, then I dont think anyone will take back the 800w just to get this one. I can tell you I wouldn't. I have SERO and I will not go with any other carrier than Sprint. Now I may take back my 800w anyway, but not because of the 850.

So you really wont see people all of the sudden return a phone to get one that wont work on their network. Remember that all of these people with 800w are on Sprint. Sprint of course is not GSM.

Obviously we need more info, but I doubt there is a 850 CDMA since we have a new Treo at the moment.
    Global Posts
    741 Global Posts
    Now that's what the 800w should have looked like to begin with. I like the 800w but as everyone has stated it's an old looking design.
    Global Posts
    27 Global Posts
    Is Palm on the same page? Why did they put time and money into the 800w? I would be upset if I got the 800w. This phone makes the 800w look old and the 800w was just released. Better luck next time.

850= Functionality and Sexy
    Best of Both Worlds Hands Down

Most people will say they don't need looks, but this is 2008, stop kidding yourself. Unless your an old school type person. (no offense) lol
    I'm not terribly impressed with the new design. The screen seems small, doesn't it? Any why change the power/end key function? Now I have to push a button on top? That would be weird. The thickness and the backside looks great, but I'm not sold on that keyboard either. Guess I should have grown up to be a phone designer...
    If I owned the 800w I would be pissed off and would want to be a 850-PRO owner!
    Palm took advantage of there faithful users dropping the 800w
    Global Posts
    144 Global Posts
    Looks good, love the black color. but looks like it has the Centro keyboard. if thats the case then no thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by ceoprez View Post
    Is Palm on the same page? Why did they put time and money into the 800w? I would be upset if I got the 800w. This phone makes the 800w look old and the 800w was just released. Better luck next time.

850= Functionality and Sexy
    Best of Both Worlds Hands Down

Most people will say they don't need looks, but this is 2008, stop kidding yourself. Unless your an old school type person. (no offense) lol
    I agree 100% with your post.

I'm sure 850-PRO OS and battery will preform better then 800W as well.
    hmm it kind of reminds me of the Verizon 700w / Sprint 700WX smack down.
    Palm jacked the Verizon user with lack of memory so W perforemd like crap....The WX on the ether hand was perfection.
    It seems like anything palm has released with a W at the end sucks
    I'm not thinking of changing to this 850 model at all, even if it's made for Sprint. PDAholic's summary is pretty much what I was thinking.

ceoprez - I really don't care about the looks, call me old school, but if the new school is all about looks, I'll miss all classes at the "new school" .

If it was about looks, I certainly would NOT own a Treo, not the 800 or the coming 850 either. I'd get one of these . Made for all the new school folks .
    Slingbox - When was the last time you owned a Treo?

And what other products do you not own, but go to boards about those products to rant continually?
    Quote Originally Posted by darnell View Post
    I'm not thinking of changing to this 850 model at all, even if it's made for Sprint. PDAholic's summary is pretty much what I was thinking.

ceoprez - I really don't care about the looks, call me old school, but if the new school is all about looks, I'll miss all classes at the "new school" .

If it was about looks, I certainly would NOT own a Treo, not the 800 or the coming 850 either. I'd get one of these . Made for all the new school folks .
    I don't Buy your post!
    Would you rather go on a date with Jessica Alba or Roseanne Barr?
    Would looks have anything to do with it?
    Now the treo pro is looking a lot better. Looks are everything, but they do count.

I can't go with another carrier either, many reasons, but if I could....

And this device WORKS better than the 800w, then I would get it for sure.

I hate gsm always getting the better end of the stick.
    Slingbox - When was the last time you owned a Treo?

And what other products do you not own, but go to boards about those products to rant continually?
    I still own a 700wx..its my alarm clock.
    I was going to buy into 800w but didn't get suckered into it.
    The 850-PRO looks interesting
    Quote Originally Posted by slingbox View Post
    I agree 100% with your post.

I'm sure 850-PRO OS and battery will preform better then 800W as well.
    hmm it kind of reminds me of the Verizon 700w / Sprint 700WX smack down.
    Palm jacked the Verizon user with lack of memory so W perforemd like crap....The WX on the ether hand was perfection.
    It seems like anything palm has released with a W at the end sucks
    No doubt about it. The 850 looks great but I'm guessing that it will be GSM-only. If it does release on Sprint, every single 800w owner is going to look like a chump.

The back cover looks like a 1-piece design which means that extended batteries can be made that have a new back which doesn't bulge out like the ridiculous Centro (and eventual 800w) extended batteries.
    Slingbox - The 700wx forum was made for you. You can go there and talk about your neat alarm clock.

I do hope you purchase a Treo 850, because perhaps then you'll go to the 850 forum and stop crying here continually about the Treo 800w WHICH YOU DON'T EVEN OWN AND NEVER OWNED.

As far as Jessica Alba or Roseanne Barr, neither.
    Quote Originally Posted by nsxprime View Post
    If it does release on Sprint, every single 800w owner is going to look like a chump.
    Let's see here, having an 800w NOW is way more useful to me than waiting around for an 850, which to me is marginally superior, given the 3.5mm adapter.

I would not want Palm to stop making new and improved devices, that might indicate the end of the company for sure.

I guess I should feel like a "chump" for having a Visor Prism before the Treo 300 was released, or having a Treo 300 before the Treo 600 was released and so on .
    Slingbox - The 700wx forum was made for you. You can go there and talk about your neat alarm clock..
    ouch..I hit a nerve...sorry about that.

I do hope you purchase a Treo 850, because perhaps then you'll go to the 850 forum and stop crying here continually about the Treo 800w WHICH YOU DON'T EVEN OWN AND NEVER OWNED. .
    ouch, I hit another nerve

As far as Jessica Alba or Roseanne Barr, neither.
    oh ...enjoy the rainbow.
    Quote Originally Posted by slingbox View Post
    oh , i'm sorry..I didn't know...to each his own rainbow.
    Now that was extra lame. I am happily married to a woman I prefer over the lady you would like to date.
Page 1 of 17 12345611 ... LastLast