Page 4 of 17 FirstFirst 12345678914 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by VibrantRedGT View Post
    I buy what Cody has. If switches then I have to.
    it's all about enjoy life. if you've worked hard for your money, can afford it, earned it.... treat your self to a toy every once in a while.

i think i can speak for most of use here when i say... we enjoy our devices. most people wouldn't understand, but if your hanging out in this thread and in freaking phone forums, then you and i are a lot a like.
    My Avatar = This guy walks 12 miles a day just to charge his cell phone. Link Here
    If you want to buy me lunch... click here
    PDA's I've owned/used in order... nextel i930, BB 7100i, PPC-6700 (apache), treo 700p, PPC-6700, treo 700wx, PPC-6800 (mogul), PPC-6900 (touch), treo 755p, PPC-6900 (touch), BB 8130 (Pearl),PPC-6800 (mogul), BB 8330 (Curve) Diamond, treo 800w, Touch Pro, BB 8330 (Curve), Treo 800w, Treo Pro
    Quote Originally Posted by Malatesta View Post
    The current moto S9s are pretty nice. There are actually a lot of very good stereo BT headphones out there.

As I mentioned, the new Jabra 8030s are unbelievable. Dorky looking? A bit, but in terms of quality...

Like Bose or Plane Quiet? Surprisingly, no. But I imagine we will start to see those quite soon.
    There's the Ety8 by Etymotic... not active cancellation but they block out almost everything.... if you don't mind looking like someone out of Star Trek.
    Quote Originally Posted by skfny View Post
    It will not do ONE thing that the 800w cannot.
    Except last all day.
    Quote Originally Posted by jhoff80 View Post
    Except last all day.
    My 800w has no problems lasting all day unless I'm just pounding using it all day... Like when I was streaming Internet radio all day... Yeah... It didn't last... Normal usage, however, and I have a majority of my battery left after a 12 hour work day.
    Grant Smith
    A+, Net+, MCPx2, BSIT/VC, MIS

eNVENT Technologies
    Use your imagination.
    --
    Sprint HTC Evo 4G

DISCLAIMER: The views, conclusions, findings and opinions of this author are those of this author and do not necessarily reflect the views of eNVENT Technologies.
    Quote Originally Posted by codyppc View Post
    it not greedy. it's all about being stable enough in your finances and being able to have/get nice things.
    Don't take my quotes too seriously. Given that I've had the progression of annual cell purchases, I clearly don't practice what I preach.

By the way, if you've never read the "Greedy Gimmee" story, it's actually not about greed per se, but about appreciation for your fortunes, rather than always looking for the next great thing. I highly recommend it for anyone with small kids....or big ones, for that matter.
    Everything's Amazing and Nobody's Happy

Treo600 --> Treo650-->PPC6700-->Treo700P-->Treo755P-->Treo800W --> Touch Pro-->Palm Pre --> EVO 4G
    Except last all day.
    I'd highly recommend folks read this thread, if you haven't already. It seems to have made a much bigger difference for some of us than many of the other fixes floating around.
    Everything's Amazing and Nobody's Happy

Treo600 --> Treo650-->PPC6700-->Treo700P-->Treo755P-->Treo800W --> Touch Pro-->Palm Pre --> EVO 4G
    Quote Originally Posted by skfny View Post
    It will not do ONE thing that the 800w cannot.
    Except last all day.
    how about RING when someone calls? or stay on until i turn you off? or conect to PC when i plug you in? or good sound quality?

it not that it should be recalled or anything, but it could be beter. there is a lot the 850 could do that the 800w dowsn't.
    My Avatar = This guy walks 12 miles a day just to charge his cell phone. Link Here
    PDA's I've owned/used in order... nextel i930, BB 7100i, PPC-6700 (apache), treo 700p, PPC-6700, treo 700wx, PPC-6800 (mogul), PPC-6900 (touch), treo 755p, PPC-6900 (touch), BB 8130 (Pearl),PPC-6800 (mogul), BB 8330 (Curve) Diamond, treo 800w, Touch Pro, BB 8330 (Curve), Treo 800w, Treo Pro
    Except last all day.
    I really did laugh out loud. Good one.
    Quote Originally Posted by Malatesta View Post

And it's GSM...you'd have to switch carriers. Some are fine with that but here in SERO land, no phone on earth would get me to switch.
    Yep. I can't fathom leaving Sprint when I pay $50 a month for 1250 min and unlimited data/text (actually pay less due to further corp discounts. Hell, not wanting to pay $30 or so a month for BES is why I held on to my 700p so long instead of taking the BB plunge.
    --Steve

Visor-->Treo 600-->Treo 650-->Treo 700P-->Treo 800W-->Palm Pre-->HP Touchpad

My DVD Collection
    My Media Room
    GovTwit Directory
    Twitter: @dslunceford
    Quote Originally Posted by dslunceford View Post
    Yep. I can't fathom leaving Sprint when I pay $50 a month for 1250 min and unlimited data/text (actually pay less due to further corp discounts. Hell, not wanting to pay $30 or so a month for BES is why I held on to my 700p so long instead of taking the BB plunge.
    heck, i pay $130 for five lines on my account. free unlimited sms on one. two with 1000 free sms's. and mine has BES, sprint tv, sprint navigation, and 1000 sms's all for free. you wont catch me with a 850. just because of the carrier.

sprints plans make it all worth it.
    I gotta an idea...

How about those currently with 800w's discuss the original question:

"Would you take your 800w back now? "

Too many reach arounds happening in this thread...

The 3 or 4 regular malcontents (just missing nxsprime) already have like 3 or 4 threads to discuss how the 800w failed to meet their expectations.

WMExperts: News, Reviews & Podcasts + Twitter
    given that I just signed up with Sprint on the SERO plan, the answer would be no, unless I can get a similar plan for the Treo 850/Pro and cancel my contract with no ETF.

other than that, I do like the 850/Pro better. Screen is not recessed, device seems to be a bit slimmer, higher-capacity battery, 3.5 audio jack, plus all the other features that I've come to enjoy with the 800w. the one thing I'm not as fond of (based on the pictures) is the Centro-style keyboard.
    I did it once when the 750 came out, but it was a mistake and I went back to the 700wx. Not because the 750 wasn't a good device, but because the Cingular network and plan just really blew compared to Sprint's.

So to answer the question. No, I would not switch since it's a gsm only phone and I'm not about to leave Sprint.

And as far as looks are concerned, call me old school or whatever, but I really like the looks of the 800w and I love the keyboard. So if the 850 has a worse keyboard with better looks, I'd take the 800w all other things being equal.
    Global Posts
    720 Global Posts
    I don't think I like the looks of the Treo Pro. It looks like a fingerprint magnet.

Ooh! It's black! It's shiny! So what?
    Quote Originally Posted by Rhody View Post
    I don't think I like the looks of the Treo Pro. It looks like a fingerprint magnet.

Ooh! It's black! It's shiny! So what?
    Speaking of which, since I like to pick on my iphone owning coworker a lot, that iphone looks disgusting with that big smudged up screen. I wouldn't want to touch it. All germy and chit.

At least with the 850 there is a keyboard to keep your fingers off the screen most of the time.
    Quote Originally Posted by VibrantRedGT View Post
    Well I gave my 800 a shake down for over 2 weeks before pulling the plug. Scratch that it pulled the plug on me, twice.

Oh, and we are not crying. You guys should be for the simple fact that the 850 has better features. I see that they added the 1500mAH battery. Hmmm...why do you think that happened? Thanks Palm for giving us the 800. We know you love the GSM consumers better.
    Yea I know you actually owned one, not just dabbling for a few hours, but actually used it as your primary device for a bit.

I'm not crying. Was Palm supposed to release a Treo 850 that had the same battery or weaker? The 800w suits me fine and is in my hands right now.

Was Palm supposed to not release any more Treo models after the 800w? As I said, I'm glad they keep making more.

With everything I buy, if the company does not go out of business and it's technology, they keep making newer models. I expect that. So I don't suddenly fell sorrow when it happens.

My first Treo 800w was flaky, I got a replacement and it works great. I'm smiling and happy
    Quote Originally Posted by Bujin View Post
    Don't take my quotes too seriously. Given that I've had the progression of annual cell purchases, I clearly don't practice what I preach.

By the way, if you've never read the "Greedy Gimmee" story, it's actually not about greed per se, but about appreciation for your fortunes, rather than always looking for the next great thing. I highly recommend it for anyone with small kids....or big ones, for that matter.
    I'm only a bi-annual guy myself, Bujin, and I'm getting ready to pounce on something soon; but I strongly endorse your recommendation: excellent, meaningful story!
    You may be right; I may be crazy. But, the Treo may be just the device I've been looking for.
    I'm paying $15/month for 500 minutes, unlimited SMS and unlimited data, so the only way I would leave Sprint to switch to another phone/provider, is if the provider offered something comparable or better. Besides, the 850 doesn't really look as though it offers too much.

My 800w suits me just fine. I have practically all the apps I always wanted to use, plus more. Battery life sux, but hey, I have 2 batteries now and looking to get a 3rd free. Plus I have car charges and ordered one of those portable battery chargers, so I can keep a battery charged when I'm on the road all the time.
    Slingbox - For the record, I'm not still angry with you dude, but I still hold to my original position and agree with Malatesta. That threads like this are a discussion of Treo 800w owners and in this thread in particular the question was posed to us. All the additional input garbles the conversation a bit.
    I agree why does almost every 800w thread suddenly get invaded by folks dissing it. its not the point of most of the threads.

On this subject . I think the Treo Pro looks awsome . But as for me The answer to the Roseane Barr and Jessica Alba is easy . I put my Treo in a case (Inno case ) and it covers pretty much the whole treo. (and makes it black like the pro) so it really does not mean anything in terms of looks. It would be like pujtting a bag over Roseane or Alba . You wouldnt know what each looked like and wouldnt matter. The only time I see what my phone actually looks like is when I have to get the battery out so looks mean ZERO to me. and yes the Pro is a nicer looking phone than the 800W but if you use a case then thats not an issue, and yes the bigger battery is nice but i wouldnt change my device for a extra hour a charge per battey. All being equal if Sprint got it and then said you can swap it out for a Pro , no charges , same plan them surew why not. Little better batteyr, little thinner. black . but if any cost are involved then its not worth it. in a few months there will be another phone (Nova etc) . And yes as a 800W user I am jealous that palm is introiducing this so soon after the 800W and its such a modern looking phone BUT I love my 800W and I think its form factore is the best so far including my centro.
Page 4 of 17 FirstFirst 12345678914 ... LastLast