Page 3 of 17 FirstFirst 1234567813 ... LastLast
    For me, i'm not leaving my carrier either, so it doesn't matter. Now IF by some odd chance that was on Sprint, and I still have my 800w, i'd be upset it had a larger battery, cause maybe, just maybe that would be enough. If it was the Centro keyboard, tough to say.

The 3.5mm jack I think is nice, but that's cause I use headphones with cords. I guess if I found a decent pair of phones with bluetooth i'd use them. I use stuff at the gym alot, and I dont want alien looking large a** headphones. Not practical. Small Vmoda phones I have are great. Now I use an MP3 player at the gym, but sometimes i'd just like to use and take my phone if I am out and about.

I may try some BT phones someday. I have no idea how those insignia ones sound at Best Buy but since I get a discount, they'd probably be dirt cheap. They are still large however, and I just dont know if I would like headphones like that over the ones that go in the ear.

Anyway, I guess with a 3.5mm i'd have the option to do BOTH. With the Treo 800w I have now, i'd have to get an adapter, and honestly I hate adapters.
    keyboard would surely trump looks. audio adapter i doubt it. it is nice to see that palm is going with the 3.5 finally. the next cdma should/might have it.
    My Avatar = This guy walks 12 miles a day just to charge his cell phone. Link Here
    If you want to buy me lunch... click here
    PDA's I've owned/used in order... nextel i930, BB 7100i, PPC-6700 (apache), treo 700p, PPC-6700, treo 700wx, PPC-6800 (mogul), PPC-6900 (touch), treo 755p, PPC-6900 (touch), BB 8130 (Pearl),PPC-6800 (mogul), BB 8330 (Curve) Diamond, treo 800w, Touch Pro, BB 8330 (Curve), Treo 800w, Treo Pro
    When I mentioned in ear phones, I see that the Moto S9-HD will be out in Sept. I wonder how those will be? I hear they are supposed to be better than the other ones, though I have not tried any.
    Even if you're not on SERO, I still don't get how AT&T can justify its prices:

Sprint Everything 450 (Unlimited texts, internet, nights and weekends at 7, GPS navigation): $69.99

AT&T 450 Minutes Plan (only 5000 nights and weekends minutes) $39.99
    PDA Personal Bundle (unlimited internet and texts) $60.00
    AT&T Navigator $9.99

Total $109.98 for the same plan (and actually not even as good, limited nights and weekends minutes) that is $69.99 on Sprint.
    Quote Originally Posted by codyppc View Post
    Good enough is only Good enough until something beter comes around. - Me, i just thought of it. lol.
    "It's not having what you want, It's wanting what you've got" - Sheryl Crow
    "It sounds like a case of the Greedy Gimmees" - the Berenstein Bears

Everything's Amazing and Nobody's Happy

Treo600 --> Treo650-->PPC6700-->Treo700P-->Treo755P-->Treo800W --> Touch Pro-->Palm Pre --> EVO 4G
    Geez Darnell, you fight with everyone, I thought it was just me. I feel your cheating on me.

I agree with Slingbox. If all was equal in both devices there is no way in hell most would choose the 800 look. Just don't buy that people would be prefer the older 700wx look over a new sleek breed (Yes, I'm giving Palm props!)

I buy what Cody has. If switches then I have to.
    ATT History- From 1997-2001-> Nokia 6362->Motorola StarTac->Nokia 8260.

Nextel History From 2001-2004-> Motorola i1000-> Motorola i90c-> Motorola i95cl-> Motorola i730->Motorola i850.

Sprint History From 2005 - Currently->Sanyo 5500-> Sanyo 5600-> Sanyo-> 7400->Sanyo 8300->Sanyo->7500-> Sanyo 9000->Sanyo 8400->Sanyo M1->PPC-6700->Treo 700wx->PPC-6800(Mogul)-> Motorola Q9C-> Treo 800w-> Curve->Treo 800w->Touch Pro->Treo Pro> Curve "M"->HTC Hero.
    Quote Originally Posted by VibrantRedGT View Post
    I agree with Slingbox. If all was equal in both devices there is no way in hell most would choose the 800 look.
    Well I like the 800w look over the 850 / Pro look so you're incorrect on at least one count.
    Grant Smith
    A+, Net+, MCPx2, BSIT/VC, MIS

eNVENT Technologies
    Use your imagination.
    --
    Sprint HTC Evo 4G

DISCLAIMER: The views, conclusions, findings and opinions of this author are those of this author and do not necessarily reflect the views of eNVENT Technologies.
    Global Posts
    62 Global Posts
    I agree with the ones who like the 800w over the 850. I know the 800w design may be old, but it's one of the things that attracted me to the treo from some of the older HTC phones. The 850 design reminds me of the newer blackberry designs which I do not like at all. The only thing that would attract me to the 850 is the bigger batterty, thats it.
    Last edited by kwyatt; 08/15/2008 at 02:21 PM.
    Just don't buy that people would be prefer the older 700wx look over a new sleek breed (Yes, I'm giving Palm props!)
    The change from the old 700 style had real functional benefits, since there is no more antenna poking if you need to put it in your pocket for a moment. The new design is less bulky.

That design change had real functional benefit.

But a different color with a few extra curves, nah.

And some of us like red Mustangs while some of us never desired to buy one .

My only gripe has been with and I repeat, people who don't own a Treo 800w, never owned a Treo 800w, yet come to cry about the Treo 800w. I've found absolutely nothing constructive in that.
    I like the flush screen, bigger battery, and most importantly, the 3.5 mm jack. The fact that they we have a new CDMA model withOUT these features should be grounds for someone's dismissal.

The looks are nice, but I think the 800w is fine.

What IS laughable are these articles about how this is a world-beating device from the same sources that said the 800w was a tired pig. It will not do ONE thing that the 800w cannot.
    A new Avatar to commemorate Silly Season.
    Quote Originally Posted by quickstang View Post
    I guess if I found a decent pair of phones with bluetooth i'd use them. I use stuff at the gym alot, and I dont want alien looking large a** headphones. Not practical.
    The current moto S9s are pretty nice. There are actually a lot of very good stereo BT headphones out there.

As I mentioned, the new Jabra 8030s are unbelievable. Dorky looking? A bit, but in terms of quality...
    Quote Originally Posted by darnell View Post
    Now this is an interesting development!

Do you off hand know of any good BT headphones with noise cancellation tech included?
    Like Bose or Plane Quiet? Surprisingly, no. But I imagine we will start to see those quite soon.

WMExperts: News, Reviews & Podcasts + Twitter
    Quote Originally Posted by skfny View Post
    It will not do ONE thing that the 800w cannot.
    Exactly.

I guess some guys hope to flash it around town to try and pick up chicks or something and think the 850 design will do the job better than the 800w .
    The 850 looks nice, but that keyboard doesn't look overly inviting to me. I couldn't really care less about the look of the PHONE. My old HP laptop looked nice, but my plain jane looking ASUS works a whole lot better :-)
    Treo 800w - Love the Phone Can Tolerate the Battery
    My only disappointment is people who don't own a Treo Pro 850, never owned a Treo Pro 850, yet try to judge the owner before they even buy. To say though would hope to flash it around town to try and pick up chicks or something and think the 850 design will do the job better hmm there's absolutely nothing constructive in that.

I do look forward to 850 review though..I got a feeling some will be eating there words once again.
    Last edited by slingbox; 08/15/2008 at 02:57 PM.
    Global Posts
    680 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by ceoprez View Post
    Darnell- Seriously, why would you choose the 800w over the 850? I mean if they were both CDMA.

I'm sure the battery is removable and the complaint about the speaker is irrelevant. The grill of a speaker does not determine if the speaker will be loud or not.
    I actually prefer the look of my 800w, to the pix I've seen of the 850. It looks too "plasticky" and toy-like. My 800w is a simple but handsome business machine.

To each his/her own.
    Palm III -> Handspring Visor Deluxe -> Dell Axim X5 Advanced -> Dell Axim X3i -> Dell Axim X50v -> Cingular 8125 -> Sprint Palm Treo 700Wx -> ->Palm Treo 700P (my wife's but I played with it ) -> Sprint Mogul -> Treo 800w -> Touch Pro & Treo Pro.
    Quote Originally Posted by darnell View Post
    The change from the old 700 style had real functional benefits, since there is no more antenna poking if you need to put it in your pocket for a moment. The new design is less bulky.

My only gripe has been with and I repeat, people who don't own a Treo 800w, never owned a Treo 800w, yet come to cry about the Treo 800w. I've found absolutely nothing constructive in that.

Well I gave my 800 a shake down for over 2 weeks before pulling the plug. Scratch that it pulled the plug on me, twice.

Oh, and we are not crying. You guys should be for the simple fact that the 850 has better features. I see that they added the 1500mAH battery. Hmmm...why do you think that happened? Thanks Palm for giving us the 800. We know you love the GSM consumers better.
    ATT History- From 1997-2001-> Nokia 6362->Motorola StarTac->Nokia 8260.

Nextel History From 2001-2004-> Motorola i1000-> Motorola i90c-> Motorola i95cl-> Motorola i730->Motorola i850.

Sprint History From 2005 - Currently->Sanyo 5500-> Sanyo 5600-> Sanyo-> 7400->Sanyo 8300->Sanyo->7500-> Sanyo 9000->Sanyo 8400->Sanyo M1->PPC-6700->Treo 700wx->PPC-6800(Mogul)-> Motorola Q9C-> Treo 800w-> Curve->Treo 800w->Touch Pro->Treo Pro> Curve "M"->HTC Hero.
    Quote Originally Posted by slingbox View Post
    My only disappointment is people who don't own a Treo Pro 850, never owned a Treo Pro 850, yet try to judge the owner before they even buy.
    For the record, the initial point of the thread was not which folks would prefer, but whether we'd return the 800w at this point, if the Pro came out. If they were both on sale by Sprint a few weeks ago, I may very well have purchased the Pro - it would depend on features, how it looked in real life, the keyboard, etc. It certainly wouldn't be worth my time to switch - a better device will always be around the corner.

I use my phone within my capacity as a school administrator; I'm more concerned with function than looks. (and, as I stated before, I think the 800w's looks are fine)
    Everything's Amazing and Nobody's Happy

Treo600 --> Treo650-->PPC6700-->Treo700P-->Treo755P-->Treo800W --> Touch Pro-->Palm Pre --> EVO 4G
    Actually, the 850 looks like a phone that either Jessica or Roseanne would like -not that I remember who Roseanne is at the moment.
    You may be right; I may be crazy. But, the Treo may be just the device I've been looking for.
    Well I gave my 800 a shake down for over 2 weeks before pulling the plug. Scratch that it pulled the plug on me, twice.
    I used the 800w for about 3 hours..I was looking very forward to buying but I wasn't going to pull the wool over my own eyes on how it preformed.

I do really wish palm luck on the 850 , They need that power house device in there line up once more.

hehe I'm still and always will be a palm junkie Vibrant
    I stayed up many nights scripting apps from 9pm till 6am in the mourning...some times 2 days straight
    I loved my WX and wanted my fellow members to have the best app possible with my name on it.
    For those that are getting there feelings hurt because im participating in 850 /800 talk...oh well

To Darnell , Lets stop are pissing match because were both going to lose.
    Last edited by slingbox; 08/15/2008 at 03:28 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Bujin View Post
    "It's not having what you want, It's wanting what you've got" - Sheryl Crow
    i work hard for my money so i can buy the things in life that allow me to enjoy life. it's not about having a treo 600 and liking what you've got, it's about getting a job, and getting the things in life you want. if that was the case.... we would all be guilty of NOT " wanting what you've got" because we all owned other phones that we replaced not because they didn't work anymore. because we wanted something new/beter.

Quote Originally Posted by Bujin View Post
    "It sounds like a case of the Greedy Gimmees" - the Berenstein Bears
    it not greedy. it's all about being stable enough in your finances and being able to have/get nice things.
    My Avatar = This guy walks 12 miles a day just to charge his cell phone. Link Here
    If you want to buy me lunch... click here
    PDA's I've owned/used in order... nextel i930, BB 7100i, PPC-6700 (apache), treo 700p, PPC-6700, treo 700wx, PPC-6800 (mogul), PPC-6900 (touch), treo 755p, PPC-6900 (touch), BB 8130 (Pearl),PPC-6800 (mogul), BB 8330 (Curve) Diamond, treo 800w, Touch Pro, BB 8330 (Curve), Treo 800w, Treo Pro
Page 3 of 17 FirstFirst 1234567813 ... LastLast