Page 17 of 17 FirstFirst ... 7121314151617
    well, the phone is fabulous. believe me, i have experience with smartphones/pdas. once the extended battery is available, it will be the best i have had. that is my only gripe. sprint/palm shouldve made a bigger mah battery for phone knowing that it is a multi media phone. but with that said, the device is solid.

if you are having problems with the phone, it may be
    1. a lemon device
    2. you may have installed a virus
    3. your app that you installed may be faulty
    4. your just not a happy person
    5. you dont know what you are doing
    6. if none of the above, then just jump off a bridge because they have better smartphones in the next life
    I cant remember what PDA's/PPC/Smartphone/Windows Mobile devices that i have had in the past. But simply put, i got the Palm M100 many years ago and was hooked. Since then, i have been upgrading in search for the latest and greatest device. and yes still searching
    As to the question about Sprint service, I love it. It's the only reason I didn't buy an iPhone. There's no way I'm going to leave my simply everything plan for $99.99 a month. I even tether with PDANet and it works perfectly. The same service would cost me $180 a month on AT&T. I alos haven't had trouble with Sprint's customer service. They've been great for me.

The only problem I have is the phone. Since everyone suggested it was a hardware problem, I went to Sprint and switched it out again (my third one) and it has the same problems with charging and locking up but so far it hasn't simply shut down. The Diamond arrives next Sunday so I'm making do until then but I'm at a loss to see why anyone would want the phone. I would really prefer a phone that works for me rather than me working for it.
    Quote Originally Posted by ocbizlaw View Post
    ... but I'm at a loss to see why anyone would want the phone. I would really prefer a phone that works for me rather than me working for it.
    lol

well, it's simple really: a lot of us don't experience your problem with charging + locking up!

I've never seen it once and it's not widely reported as a bug around here AFAIKAFAIKAFAIK.

Does this happen out of the box, no software installed using the included charger?

WMExperts: News, Reviews & Podcasts + Twitter
    I hope they discontinue the 800w, so if we lose it we can get a pro
    Global Posts
    112 Global Posts
    Why can't they just put the 800w keyboard on the pro, keep the pro looks add the two soft keys, and use the charcol grey soft touch paint on it and it would be near perfect. They can call it a treo 875.5 if they want.
    Treo 650>XV6700>Moto Q>BB Curve>Moto Q9>Treo 700wx>Treo 800w>Samsung Moment
    I'll admit, for a second, I thought about returning my 800w and waiting for the Pro, but then I snapped back to reality.
    a740 --> a900 --> Katana --> a900 --> a900m --> M1 --> a900m --> PPC6700 --> a900m--> 8400 --> a900m --> Treo 700wx --> Treo 800w
    yeah the non smile keyboard. i cant stand the cramped feelin of the centro keyboard.
    and winmo 6.0? so the 800 has 6.1 and 850 6.0 are they going back in time????

i wouldnt give my 800 up for anything except the bb curve
    I'm glad I just bought the 800w a week ago cuz its going back...
    Quote Originally Posted by New2This View Post
    Why can't they just put the 800w keyboard on the pro, keep the pro looks add the two soft keys, and use the charcol grey soft touch paint on it and it would be near perfect. They can call it a treo 875.5 if they want.
    I played with a pro a few days back. I actually like the keyboard. I have fairly large hands and it is much closer in utility to the 800W then to the centro.

Quote Originally Posted by Dieter Bohn View Post
    No kidding. As I noted on a number of threads the longer Palm waits to release the Pro in CDMA the more it hurts itself.

Quote Originally Posted by eve6er69 View Post
    yeah the non smile keyboard. i cant stand the cramped feelin of the centro keyboard.
    1) the Pro keyboard is not like the Centro's.
    2) what do you think youtr 800w reports via http? It reports winmob 6.0 as well
    Last edited by aero; 10/17/2008 at 08:52 PM.
  10. MBC
    Global Posts
    26 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by eve6er69 View Post

i wouldnt give my 800 up for anything except the bb curve
    You may actually see the smile keyboard on the 850e. I was at an event where I got to use the 850 pre launch, and I asked the Palm rep about a possible release on a CDMA carrier. The Palm rep was adamant about the fact that we would not see the unlocked 850 with a CDMA carrier in it's current form and "some version" of the 850 may be released down the road - whatever that means. From Dieter's article the fact that it will be released on CDMA seems to be true. However, we have yet to see the actual device.

The non-recessed screen is definitely a selling point for me. However, one major drawback for me was the plastic back. I can deal with the fingerprint factor, but the 850 seems to be scratch prone and I think it will get scratched up pretty easily. If they give it the rubberized backing of the 800w that I have now, I'm in. Let's hope we get our wish!
    I hope its true that the 850e comes to sprint. Choice is good.

I for one will not be upgrading. I have spent some time playing with my friends Treo Pro and I really can't stand the slippery slick feel of it. The case scratches every time you look at it. I cant stand the little slippery keyboard. No soft buttons is a deal breaker for me. The flush screen is also prone to scratching. The worst part about the Treo Pro is that it runs WM 6.1 noticeably slower than the 800w. With all those downsides a bigger battery and 3.5mm stereo plug are not enough upsides for me to upgrade.
    Pilot 1000 -> Pilot 5000 ->Palm Pilot Professional -> HP 620LX -> TRG Pro -> Palm V -> Palm Vx -> Palm M505 -> Palm i705 -> Palm Tungsten|T -> Samsung i500 -> Treo 600->Treo 650 -> Treo 600-> Treo 700p ->Centro ->Treo 800w + Redfly C8n -> Palm Pre -> HP Touchpad
    R.I.P Palm 1996-2011
    eGrips and screen protectors are so expensive. lol

I wonder if the CDMA Treo Pro will have the GPS bugs and 911 bugs that are in the 800w?
    Quote Originally Posted by nsxprime View Post
    eGrips and screen protectors are so expensive. lol

I wonder if the CDMA Treo Pro will have the GPS bugs and 911 bugs that are in the 800w?

Funny you should mention it. My buddy who got is Treo Pro 2 weeks ago is already on his 4th screen protector because with the flush screen they catch on everything. eGrips are not expensive but the texture makes the phone feel very cheap and very annoying to me. Different strokes for different folks.
    Pilot 1000 -> Pilot 5000 ->Palm Pilot Professional -> HP 620LX -> TRG Pro -> Palm V -> Palm Vx -> Palm M505 -> Palm i705 -> Palm Tungsten|T -> Samsung i500 -> Treo 600->Treo 650 -> Treo 600-> Treo 700p ->Centro ->Treo 800w + Redfly C8n -> Palm Pre -> HP Touchpad
    R.I.P Palm 1996-2011
    Quote Originally Posted by rc46 View Post
    Funny you should mention it. My buddy who got is Treo Pro 2 weeks ago is already on his 4th screen protector because with the flush screen they catch on everything. eGrips are not expensive but the texture makes the phone feel very cheap and very annoying to me. Different strokes for different folks.
    Tell your buddy to buy a better screen protector. A couple of extra dollars goes a long way. I'd recommend the invisibleshield. No one seems to have problems with them falling off of their iphones every week.
Page 17 of 17 FirstFirst ... 7121314151617