Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
  1.    #1  
    alright, so I know there is a thread as to what works and what doesn't, but how many of those programs can you not live without, or are even useful? Post your most useful, favorite, and working programs for the 800w. Perhaps a brief explanation of what you use it for.

So far I always have loaded..

1. hannip's treoalert -- free -- used for led notifications
    2. taskmgr.exe -- free -- i use it for the registry editor and soft reset app
    3. pmclean -- free -- cleans the notifications that sometimes clog up wm memory
    Live search - constant gps location and tells you how many miles left before your next turn - FREE

BeeJiveim - Instant messaging service - free for now since its beta

Opera 9.5 beta - web browser - makes viewing webpage on the device as close as possible to the pc. Bit glitchy at times because its still in beta. Free.

Wei's Soft Reset - ability to soft reset without pulling out the dreadful battery cover & battery. Free
    Favorite apps? FlexMail, HanDBase and eReader. Useful apps, FlexMail, HandBase, eReader, QuickMenu, MemMaid, Pocket Excel,
    Style Tap, Treo Alerts, Epocrates, Spb Backup, Fizz Alarm.

Looks like I am still up in the air on keeping Mundu.

The applications that I frankly do not trust: Fizz Alarm, though I think I have the problem solved.
    Magic Button (Single button task ender)
    Photo Contacts Pro (Full screen caller ID +++)
    Select Radio (Sirius, XM, 5000+ Channels)
    Card Export
    Quote Originally Posted by pearldrums287 View Post
    2. taskmgr.exe -- free -- i use it for the registry editor and soft reset app
    It's kind of hard to search and find an application with this name. Can you tell where it can be found please?
    AE buttons plus, i wouldnt use any wm phone without it
    Resco Explorer
    Netfront 3.5
    Spb Diary - Great today app
    Sbp Traveller - Great Today weather app PLUS more
    Resco Explorer
    Memmaid

Live Search
    Garmin
    TomTom7
    (If one Nav app doesn't find me to the place, the other will)

Pocket Tunes - Love listening to the Internet Radio

Small Menu - Excellent simple cascading menu & Task manager

cDate+ - My own app, which replaces the Carrier logo with the day and date
  8.    #8  
    Quote Originally Posted by darnell View Post
    It's kind of hard to search and find an application with this name. Can you tell where it can be found please?
    I have yet to find a website for it, but ive seen it posted as attachments on forums. here it is http://discussion.treocentral.com/at...1&d=1199748427
    Thanks pearldrums287, I'll check it out.
    Skyfire is pretty cool if you can get on the beta list.
    Global Posts
    143 Global Posts
    any suggestions how to get on the list? I saw the passwords posted, but by the time I tried them, they no longer worked
    Visor Deluxe -> Visor Platinum -> Treo 300 -> Treo 600 -> Treo 650 -> Treo 755p -> Treo 800w
    Task Manager removes duplicate notifications as well. The first time I tried it, I selected 'remove all notifications' and I couldn't get my 800w to synch with ActiveSync. Now I use the 'remove duplicate notifications' option. After using Task Manager I have 24 or so notifications left. After PMClean I'll have 21 or so. I wish there was a way to remove the ROM version of Task Manager and replace it with that one. It's a all-in-one thing, and it's free!
    Quote Originally Posted by ShaffeyBoy View Post
    Yea, I was just accepted into their beta program today after a while of waiting. It's a really nice browser!
    I have found the source of the Task Manager application and there is a new version freely available.

Task Manager application (v3.1)

(The creator of that application accepts Paypal donations.)
    Global Posts
    143 Global Posts
    Yea, I was just accepted into their beta program today after a while of waiting. It's a really nice browser!
    What beta code did you use that got accepted? Neither CNET100 nor Gizmodo were seen as valid when I tried.
    Visor Deluxe -> Visor Platinum -> Treo 300 -> Treo 600 -> Treo 650 -> Treo 755p -> Treo 800w
    Quote Originally Posted by paz5559 View Post
    What beta code did you use that got accepted? Neither CNET100 nor Gizmodo were seen as valid when I tried.
    I signed up at http://www.skyfire.com/sign-up and then just waited till they sent me a message telling me I was in.

I did not use any codes. I don't think I did.
    Thanks. I signed up a week or so ago when the codes were out, but I didn't get in. I just tried and was accepted. Downloaded it and it seems very nice. Having a problem with it saving bookmarks though. Tried 4 different bookmarks, it says the bookmarks were saved, but when I go to bookmarks there are none. Other than that, it seems very fast.
    I signed up a while ago and got my acceptance today. Maybe they are opening it up.
    Laissez Faire
    Quote Originally Posted by ShaffeyBoy View Post
    Yeah I have to agree. I just got it today, and it is really cool.
    Remember, this is my opinion ! We all have a right to our own.....

Treo's 650-800..NOW,
    Palm Pre
    Quote Originally Posted by jdsnov73 View Post
    Having a problem with it saving bookmarks though. Tried 4 different bookmarks, it says the bookmarks were saved, but when I go to bookmarks there are none. Other than that, it seems very fast.
    Be sure to let them know about that issue, in case they don't already know.
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast