Global Posts
    32 Global Posts
    I moved to the 800w from POS world. In POS, when you got a new phone, all the items on the old phone would automatically be set up on the new phone once you completed a sync.

Sprint is replacing my 800w (said it was defective when I complained about the battery life) so I was wondering what I needed to do to clone the new phone so it looked just like my old one.

Help out a new WM guy?
    You need to do a backup to your sd card using Sprite backup (nicely included on your 800w ROM). Everything will work except for those apps that create unique user id's tied to the device (like Agendus) and then you'll still need a new code.
    One thing I've noticed is that the Sprite restore does not exactly restore your Treo 800w the way it was when you did the backup. For example, you might have moved around your Start Menu items into sub folders, etc. When you do a hard reset, all the items are back in their original places. So I think that the restore is ADDITIVE, in addition to what you already have. Settings in the registries, wallpapers, colors, etc. all do restore fine.
    Quote Originally Posted by bhodgins View Post
    One thing I've noticed is that the Sprite restore does not exactly restore your Treo 800w the way it was when you did the backup. For example, you might have moved around your Start Menu items into sub folders, etc. When you do a hard reset, all the items are back in their original places. So I think that the restore is ADDITIVE, in addition to what you already have. Settings in the registries, wallpapers, colors, etc. all do restore fine.
    I don't know about the in ROM version but the version I purchased lets you choose how you want to backup / restore in terms of add or replace.
    Grant Smith
    A+, Net+, MCPx2, BSIT/VC, MIS

eNVENT Technologies
    Use your imagination.
    --
    Sprint HTC Evo 4G

DISCLAIMER: The views, conclusions, findings and opinions of this author are those of this author and do not necessarily reflect the views of eNVENT Technologies.
    I guess I should have been more specific. Things you delete from the default load (e.g. pocket internet explorer shortcut links) come back when you do a hard reset. Doing a restore from the Sprite does not return your device to exactly how it was when you backed it up because it does not re-delete the things you already deleted. It only adds/replaces what you've added/changed.